A few notes on TWL games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few notes on TWL games

The pre-season starts today, and I'd like to point out a few things for everyone so we can clear any confusion from the start.

-Squads have 10 minutes to submit a line-up. The game will begin once the 10 minutes has expired. No extensions will be granted.

-For each game captains will be assigned with the bot, and caps are responsible for making their own substitutions and switches.

-If you lagout, you will be forced to wait for 60 seconds before you can re-enter the game.

-All substitutions will be made 30 seconds after the captain makes the sub request with the Bot.

-If a squad needs to add players into the game after it starts, entry will only be permitted in the first 2 minutes of the match, and the game referee is the only person who can enter a player into the game.

-Blueout is spec only in TWL. Players who are in the game, will be able to speak publicly, no one else will. This season, any staff member who violates a blueout, is automatically warned by the Bot (official moderator warning in red) and they are reported instantly to all staffers via ?cheater.

-If the Bot does not place you in the game, notify the ref immediately with your ship number.

-The !score function is currently disabled, still discussing its implementation.

-If the game ends due to zone or bot failure, it will be replayed in its entirety. Pre-season games will not be replayed.

-If for some reason your squad needs to make an appeal, please use the official channels outlined in the TWL rules. All other methods used for appeals will be ignored.

If you have any other questions, leave them here or ask a game ref or TWL-Op in the game.

Thanks,

-PUSH
    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Good deal with the 60 second wait when you lagout, aswell as the 30 sec wait before a sub is made.

Good stuff. :up:
    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
    There wont be another election for president.
    Obama is the Omega President.
    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by THE PUSHER
      This season, any staff member who violates a blueout, is automatically warned by the Bot (official moderator warning in red) and they are reported instantly to all staffers via ?cheater.
      It's good that your cracking down on this but shouldn't a staffer already know they're not supposed to talk in pub chat. Why do they need to be warned that they'll get a warning if they violate the rules?

Comment

60 secs is alot if u play in a LD game.
        Originally posted by Kolar
        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
        ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

incase you didnt already know, twlb uses a blind lineup.

you will not know what ships the other team has until the game starts.

Comment

Sounds good. But !score should definately be implemented. Or is the there a scoreboard working or something?
            1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
            1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
            1: cundor> dude
            1: cundor> i already told my parents
            1: Desperate> LOL
            1: Cremation> HAHA
            1: bram> :)
            1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but why does the !score function need to be discussed? Is there something wrong with it? Some uber hack to modify scores? .. meh..
              :fear:

TWLD Season 11 Champion ~ Stray
              TWLD Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
              TWLJ Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
              TWLJ Season 5 Champion ~ Elusive
              TWL Season 4 Champion ~ Siege
              TWL Season 3 Champion ~ Siege

TWEL Season 1 Winner
              TWD Season 1 Winner ~ Elusive

Comment

The sub and lagout sounds good! :up:

Comment

I agree with Dyn. whats about the !score function?
                  1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                  1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                  1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                  1:Vitja> afk
                  1:Underground> haha vit
                  1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

there's a scoreboard.

during the twlb test it was counting in seconds, so it was 900 seconds to win. i hope they change it to the format 15:00 instead.

Comment

The score function was disabled because it caused massive lagout issues with the Bots themselves. Thanks RR for reminding of the blind line-ups.
                      Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

they arent really blind lineups, u can select the name of each person in the F2 menu and press CTRL, thus seeing in what ship they are in.
                        There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

If !score causes bot lagouts, and there is a scoreboard, the !score command is unnecessary.
                          1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
                          1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
                          1: cundor> dude
                          1: cundor> i already told my parents
                          1: Desperate> LOL
                          1: Cremation> HAHA
                          1: bram> :)
                          1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

-For each game captains will be assigned with the bot, and caps are responsible for making their own substitutions and switches.

so there is 3 subs but how many switches?
                            www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

That lagout thing is good.. Now u can't "escape" to spec.. Or u can but it's not worth it. so good job good job
                              revolt> my girl
                              Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
                              Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
                              Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
                              Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
                              1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

Working...
                              X