Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Season Week 1

Hey everyone,

Thanks to all who participated in this weekend's pre-season TWL games! As expected, we had some issues with the game module, but they were relatively few. Here are some of the issues we will be addressing over the next couple of days:

-The !setcaptain feature will be fully implemented and functional. This command was already tested and working, but an improper version of the game module was loaded, causing the malfunction.

-When the TWBot is attending to a TWLB game, the bot joins frequency 1, once the game begins. This will be fixed.

-The !myfreq command did not work for a few people, we'll look into this and work to get the issue resolved. In the meantime, if it does not work for you, message the game referee and he/she will move you to the appropriate frequency.

-TWLJ Death Bug: This was a continuing issue from last season, and we're placing a high priority on fixing it. There are times when a player in a TWLJ respawns and is assigned a death for being out of base for too long (example Sky of squad Pirates).

-On substitution and lag-out times: We discussed it briefly this afternoon and all of the Ops agree we need to lower these limitations substantially. We will work to lower them in accordance with the standards we would like to keep for TWL, and may work to a solution built into the bot itself. We will announce later this week what the new standards are.

-We may enable the score function to test it's resilience to massive use. If it causes a problem with the bots that we are unable to solve, then we will disable it until an effective solution is found.

-The scoreboard for TWLB games will reflect minutes:seconds soon. No time for completion has been set for this as of yet.

-We will continue to work on completing the TWL web site, and solidifying the stats reporting.

-TWD games will now only be closed on Sundays from 1 pm EST to 5 pm EST. We may close it down on a Saturday if there are 3 or more TWL games scheduled in a single hour. We'll keep people posted in the game on these events.

-In a recent development, the squad Rapid has dropped off the TWD web site and rankings. At this time we do not know the cause of this occurrance. We'll be investigating this issue promptly to determine the circumstances of this event. Rapid squad captains Piston or Violence will need to contact myself or any TWL-Op immediately.

We're going to have a second week of pre-season games to continue our testing. If all goes well this weekend, we can look to have the regular season start immediately. As the week goes on I will have a few more announcements for you regarding the status of our bug fixes and other TWL related information.

-PUSH
    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

ld/lj mvp formulas need to be fixed as well.
    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
    Philos> there is something about you
    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Good point, I had forgotten to mention that. The bot doesn't calculate the MVP within the standards we set. We'll have that taken care of too.
      Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
        ld/lj mvp formulas need to be fixed as well.
        In genereal the LD MVPs seemed to work I believe, not sure why, LJs seemed almost random.

Also, there was an issue in the DG vs Shriek match where the bot had Rival at 9 deaths and everyone in the arena saw 10. The mod speced him, but later let him back in. Seems something went wrong one way or the other.

Comment

The LJ was based on points, but i think around 500 was subtracted for each tk. That's how I figure it (looking at the stats and the mvps). BTW, good playin' today Lews... haven't seen you play since the first season.

Comment

While at I'm it, you really might want to look into being able to !set captain to more than one person, if that person's SS crashes or worse, their power fails or something, that squad's subs become useless.

p.s. Hi Paul, don't think I remember you, but I also played seasons 3,4, and 5, and thanks

Comment

Lews, i think the Rival thing might be because of his huge lag during that game.
              Not sure if it was a bot bug or something, but maybe one of the times he died, the lag caused some sort of error with sending the info to the bot... i dunno, just a theory.

And as for the !setcaptain thing you mentioned lews, great idea... it should be given to ALL players listed as captains on their TWD roster and no need to set it at beginning of the game. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lews Therin
                p.s. Hi Paul, don't think I remember you, but I also played seasons 3,4, and 5, and thanks
                Guess we missed each other in the hub bub of it all. I never played in a dueling league either, that coulda been a problem :P.

Comment

if you lowered lag limits, then 4 of mambos players would be always out.
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

bummer

i did get screwed over...

hope you fix that bug, because let me tell you from experience, it is very frustrating.
                    1: Sky> this is what disq says to all the ladies:
                    1: Sky> Ei kiitos, mä oon homo.
                    1: Domi> pwnd
                    1: gimli> LOLOL

Comment

In genereal the LD MVPs seemed to work I believe, not sure why, LJs seemed almost random.

Also, there was an issue in the DG vs Shriek match where the bot had Rival at 9 deaths and everyone in the arena saw 10. The mod speced him, but later let him back in. Seems something went wrong one way or the other.
                      YEA RIVAL KILLED ME MY LAST DEATH AFTER HE HAD 10
                      Dice
                      TWLB Champions Season 8
                      TWLJ Champions Season 8
                      TWLB Champions Season 10
                      TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

While at I'm it, you really might want to look into being able to !set captain to more than one person, if that person's SS crashes or worse, their power fails or something, that squad's subs become useless.

the mvp stats for twld weren't kills-deaths. . . i know my squad's game experienced something like this. not gonna look for more proof as once is more than enough.
                        Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                        Philos> there is something about you
                        Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Working...
                        X