Trench Wars League Deathmatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trench Wars League Deathmatch

This Friday, at 8PM EST, Trench Wars will witness the return of an event that was introduced last Trench Wars League.

The idea was originally thought up and hosted by then Webbb <ER>. The idea of the game is to hold a massive, multi-freq deathmatch where the teams are established according to TWL rosters.

Every team in TWL (TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB) is invited, no matter the number of players, or the number of leagues they are in. There is no limit on the number of players a squad can have present at or in the game, whether you have two or twenty people, the more the merrier! The only restriction is that they must be on your TWL roster (sorry to people who aren't on a TWL squad).

The purpose of these games is to essentially kick off each TWL weekend. The game will be held every Friday, with the time varying from week to week. This is to ensure that people around the world get a chance to play it.

The gameplay is very simple, every player in the game gets 10 lives to start with. Each squad will have it's own designated safe zone from which to start with. Once the game begins it's every squad for themselves. The last remaining squad with players in the game wins!

Now for the new and improved aspect of the game! The winning squad from each week will be placed into a final game, which will be held on the Friday of the week of the TWL finals. There will be twelve rounds (10 regular season and two playoff weeks) to qualify for the final game. In the event that a squad repeats as a weekly winner, the next squad that remains and has not already qualified for the final will be invited.

Further, there will be a guest spot each week open to a TWD squad. This squad will be picked according to the choosing of the squad that won the previous week's TWLDM. A squad can win a second week and earn this right a second week.

I think that's all for now, anything that needs to be added will be added in the near future.

This was an idea originally devised by Webbb Llama and with a map created by Witness. Thanks to Wit and Matthew <ER> for map contributions this season. See you all Friday!!
    Last edited by Randedl; 05-13-2004, 09:16 PM.
    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
    Philos> there is something about you
    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

The idea is ok, but basing squads will win becasue they have 30 people. If they show 80% of that, whats to stop them besides another basing squad ? =/ Sure a dueling squad can compete, not against 60 basers :<
    I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

Well its to compete or just for fun, if its for fun, who cares who wins..
      Winner of TWDL Scrotals
      Winner of TWT Melee
      Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

Awesome. I remember last season wanting to be apart of this, and now that I am it's pretty cool.

To all those wishing to be apart of such a light-hearted competition, which serves to ease the tension and nerves of players involved in TWL games, my advice would be to keep playing what you're good at, and never give up. If you're serious about the competition and have the right attitude, you'll get noticed. Sure this is a game, but in TWL, it's more of a sport. You need your game face. But all in all, in TWL, much like sports, it is just a game. All of us play differently - the only difference is, some people play to win, and most play just to play.

And, of course, that is what TWL is. Everyone involved plays to win.

Sorry, kinda went off on a rant there, but a year ago this day I was getting into the competition and got impatient because I figured, "Hey it's a game, why won't I get invited?" Heh, I've learned much since then. For those who wish to be apart of TWL, those lessons are up to you to discover.

Good luck to all squads involved, and to those players wishing to someday be involved. On top of TWL - let's have some fun!
        Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
        1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

if any of your squad's names are spelt wrong on the map, i'm the one to yell at :P. I'll pretend to fix it when you do.
          DELETED

Comment

:up: :up: :up:

Not sure if I will make it though.
            1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
            1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
            1: cundor> dude
            1: cundor> i already told my parents
            1: Desperate> LOL
            1: Cremation> HAHA
            1: bram> :)
            1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Well I could bet money on that Diso won't win any single game. 4pm est (11 Finnish time) on a fucking friday? I don't really know how many nerds play this game (European) but I believe that most of the Euro players who are in TWL are guys with lives, that go out on friday & saturday to party and stuff... It's like watching Diso, from my point of view. On sunday we have like 15 people on, before I leave home on friday we have like 2. :P
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

u nerd
                Originally posted by Tyson
                There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                Originally posted by HeavenSent
                Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                Originally posted by Izor
                Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I'd love to see something like this with javs.
                  The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                  All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

This is awesome
                    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                      The game will be held every Friday, with the time varying from week to week. This is to ensure that people around the world get a chance to play it.
                      This should appease the European Gods, and if not, then it is not all that difficult to schedule a 'European TWLDM', is it? Nothing to get worked up about.
                      Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                      1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                        I'd love to see something like this with javs.
                        Need a new map for this one, would be far too crowded in any of the jav maps I know. But not a bad idea.
                        1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
                        1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
                        1: cundor> dude
                        1: cundor> i already told my parents
                        1: Desperate> LOL
                        1: Cremation> HAHA
                        1: bram> :)
                        1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

oo thanks for bringing this back Rand.. $$ but 4pm? i dont think a lot of people are back from work and school to play this on time..
                          9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                          4:Nimrook> No?
                          4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                          4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                          4:Akuun> ROFL
                          4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                          4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                          4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

good idea but why cant run this thing after twl when ppl are bored without leagues? i think ppl are alrdy too busy with twl games and real life?
                            www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeBu
                              good idea but why cant run this thing after twl when ppl are bored without leagues? i think ppl are alrdy too busy with twl games and real life?
                              coz 30% or more of the twl squads dissolve after twl
                              Originally posted by Kolar
                              My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                              ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Working...
                              X