No announcement yet.

Top 4 or Top 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think conferences should be scrapped next season.

Comment

I don't see the problem, there are after all cross-conference matches determined by the TWD standings at the starting of the season. At least that's what a ZH once told me. And if you don't get into playoffs maybe you shouldn't be complaining about the system, and should be complaining about your squad. Not flaming yall, but realistically, this system is perfectly fine.
      Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

Scrubs will still win either way so f it
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Canockout
          I don't see the problem, there are after all cross-conference matches determined by the TWD standings at the starting of the season. At least that's what a ZH once told me. And if you don't get into playoffs maybe you shouldn't be complaining about the system, and should be complaining about your squad. Not flaming yall, but realistically, this system is perfectly fine.
          Squads dont play every other squad. So naturally some squads are gonna get easier schedules than others. A unified system where squads play every other squad would be fairer.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitRapist
            Squads dont play every other squad. So naturally some squads are gonna get easier schedules than others. A unified system where squads play every other squad would be fairer.
            You could also argue that some squads get better or worse as the season goes on, so if a squad gets better and you got to play them in week 1 and I have to play them in week 10, that's unfair.

There's a lot of random factors in this game. it's really hard to know which squad is better between two different squads. I'd say playing 10 random squads out of a field of 13 squads is more than enough of a sampling to decide if people deserve playoffs.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
              You could also argue that some squads get better or worse as the season goes on, so if a squad gets better and you got to play them in week 1 and I have to play them in week 10, that's unfair.

There's a lot of random factors in this game. it's really hard to know which squad is better between two different squads. I'd say playing 10 random squads out of a field of 13 squads is more than enough of a sampling to decide if people deserve playoffs.
              Exactly, there's a lot of random factors. Squads improving during the season is uncontrollable, but we could get rid of some randomness by making a squad play all other squads.

There are enough random factors out there already without creating some more of our own.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitRapist
                I think conferences should be scrapped next season.
                ^^^
                5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                5: Da1andonly> =((
                5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

If your squads going 2 win TWLB then making playoffs should be no challenge at all. No point in argueing over the last 2 spots of playoffs whoever gets them will probably be eliminated first round of playoffs.
                  carpe diem

Comment

Playoff brackets

:light: Lets make the playoffs more fun and have double elimination and have a loser bracket too. Then you'd be able to assign ranking 1st through 8th place for playoffs.

Better yet, it'd be cool if everyone made playoffs, and then have a double elim style bracket. It pays to have a good season/record b.c rankings determine your seat. Playoffs usually yield good games to watch, I'm in favor for more games and a longer season = more fun.

People want to play games.
                    I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                    X