playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playoffs?

i cant remember if this was already answered or not, but i cant find a thread on it that has an answer from someone who matters.

are the playoffs going to be cross-conference?
    imo cross-conference playoffs are superior in every way.

it's more likely to put the best 2 teams in the finals, even if those two happen to be in the same conference. it allows more variety of opposition, without cross-conf playoffs every team is playing teams they've already played in the regular season until the final game. this would lead to situations where, for example, syndicate never gets to play pallies in LD this season if they dont both reach the finals, which would suck.

every reason why they do same conference playoffs in pro leagues like the NBA doesnt apply in subspace. they do it because there are the geographical considerations of having to fly players back and forth from arena to arena for long 7 game series, and they do it because they want to keep the ratings hot with lots of regional rivals playing eachother. none of this shit matters in SS, so same conf playoffs would be stupid.
    There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

I think it was cross conferences last season.. And it shouldnt change. No doubts there.
    1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
    1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
    1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
    1:Vitja> afk
    1:Underground> haha vit
    1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

oh really, i had heard it was same conference last season. im too newb i guess, stupid thread then.

Comment

It wasn't cross conference last season.

Comment

what will it be THIS season?
          Is escalate the only one who cares?
          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

It was same conference last season. I don't know what it will be this season.

Comment

Sorry esc. I was kinda away from this game last season.
              1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
              1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
              1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
              1:Vitja> afk
              1:Underground> haha vit
              1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

It indeed wasn't cross conference, don't remember..

Comment

"i bet it will be whatever is easiest for pallies"

Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                  Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

i've posted nearly the exact same question twice this season and it went unanswered

although i disagree with your comments about "same conference would be stupid" ... otherwise why not just have all the teams in one conference and just pick top 8... there becomes no purpose for conferences

Comment

I don't think there's a purpose for conferences anyway.
                      5:gen> man
                      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                        i've posted nearly the exact same question twice this season and it went unanswered

although i disagree with your comments about "same conference would be stupid"
                        tell me then awesome, since you disagree, what is it exactly that is good about same conference playoffs? can you think of one thing? is it better to have to play against squads we've already played against, and is it better to have a situation where, in basing for example, the 4th best team could end up in the finals because the western conference is so stacked?

... otherwise why not just have all the teams in one conference and just pick top 8... there becomes no purpose for conferences
                        the reason why we still have conferences is so that we:
                        a: dont have to extend the season to 15 weeks so that everyone can play everyone.
                        b: want to at least give the squads the opportunity to play a game against every squad who they are competing for a playoff spot against.

obviously, the system we have now isnt 100% even playing field because each squad has 3 cross conference games which could be of significantly varying difficulty. however, if it were one giant conference with 10 randomly selected games, it would be far more uneven. that is why conferences still serve a purpose.

Comment

Working...
                        X