TW Week 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Week 7

My god, took me till tuesday to get this up - i must be slacking.

LAST WEEK:

D:6/7
    Season:84%
    I got Melee vs DG wrong - Pirates vs BS game wasn't played.

J:5/8
    Season:83%
    Ack, a bad bad week. Pallies vs Synd wrong (when i made the prediction, i hadn't noticed banzi yet. with blood banzi and vihta, well, just run.) Got GV vs Rapid wrong (way to go rapid, i thought you might pull it out) and Anc mambo wrong because once again i realised ancients just can't win

B:6/7
    Season:69%
    Got Disoblige vs Incuira wrong, as diso lost by only 40 seconds. It's like god doesn't want them to win.

TWLD

Disoblige vs. Shriek -- Had a really hard time calling this match. TWLD Game of the week.

British Squad vs. Syndicate -- Synd headed for playoffs. BS needs wins and they need them soon to stay alive.

DragonGuard vs. Rapid -- You barely beat Melee. Rapid will win it.

ALF vs. Verone -- The easy part of the Alf Schedule. Another win on the horizon.

-FINAL- vs. Sk8 -- They look so pretty in Bold. -Final- headed for undefeated TWLD season?

Grapevine vs. Melee -- New melee vs Old melee. Melee was the TWLD runnerup last season and they'res a reason why. This will be a slaughter.

Ancients vs. Pirates -- Pirates are rolling along. I expect a rather convincing win from them.

Avalonian vs. Pallies -- Won't be close. Pallies will probably play 1 or 2 nonstarters

TWLJ

Sk8 vs. Grapevine -- Sk8 has a better line, GV showing attendance issues with the big javs.

Mambo vs. Tanked - I want a tanked win, i want them to start a winning streak. GO TANKED!

-FINAL- vs. Elenya -- And it's crush the weak squad week here in TWLJ

Hinder vs. Syndicate -- Hinder is a lot better than i give them credit for, but they're just not syndicate level. Synd lookign to stay with -F- after there loss to Pallies.

Melee vs. DragonGuard -- Man they both suck so much. I like Melee more, but i expect a DG win.

Disoblige vs. Pirates -- A Huge TWLJ match. Disoblige going through some real issues now witht he possibility of dissolving come season end. They've axed two of there better javs but still posses a solid jav line. I'm worried about diso attendance as they have basically seem to have given up. Pirates will need to play hard to win.

Shriek vs. Pallies - TWLJ game of the week, probably the next several weeks! THe Shriek lineup is just awesome, but they rely on rushing and lag to much for my taste. Pallies lineup is starting to look a lot like SiEGE's old line and have way more depth. Though i always found teamwork to be a problem with pallies, as long as they throw banzi, blood and vihta out there with 2 other very talented javs (of which they have plenty) i expect a win.

Ancients vs. Rapid -- Ancients are just falling lower and lower. Rapid beat a tougher team in GV last week.

TWLB

Melee vs. Mambo -- Closer than you think (though not close at all)

Spastic vs. Shriek -- Spastic is hitting top form right in front of your eyes.

ReJeCtEd BaSeRs vs. Incuria -- SO is RB.

Anti-Scrub vs. Sk8 -- So is A-S

Pallies vs. Disoblige -- Hey now! This match has meant a lot of things so far this year. At the begining of the season this was the TWLB match of the year - bar none. After Disobliges horrible start in TWLB this became a match of far less importance. Now with Disoblige possibly dissolving, this match is perhaps there most important of all time. One last fight for glory, the eternal bragging rights. These squads are so similar it's fightening - with one mirroring the other with the exception of timezones and geographical convenience. This is it ladies and gentlemen, the last one for all the marbles. I'm partially expecting a weaker pallies line but i doubt they'd try to feed disoblige very much as disoblige simply won't be making the twlb playoffs. Expect the old core players to come out for one last battle. I want to see the old core guys on both sides. Good Luck both teams.

-FINAL- vs. Syndicate -- These two matches had better not be at the same time. Awesome matchup. I picked the lag with the two terrs.

BasingCrew vs. whiterabbits -- another great matchup. WR needs a win to stay in the TWLB playoff hunt.

There you go ladies and gents. I put together an editorial as well but after reading it - well - it's a little odd at points and makes it look like i'm drunk, which i'm not. I'm just very very tired.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

“Who’s your daddy?”

After seeing the possibility of Disoblige leaving us at the end of the season I began to really think about the TWL big boys of all time. Without a doubt you have to look at all the past winners. TW Elite (before my time) SiEGE, Elusive, Light, Disoblige and Spastic. That’s a very short list of past champions considering were in Season 7. Only 6 squads have won, now granted twl of the past is far different from now, with us running j and b – but that’s still it for past champions. Now, some of the players may have been on several of these squads, so you could never bring them all back at the same time but here’s a question for you – Who could be the single best all around squad of all time?
    Now it would be unfair to judge past squads by current day standards, so I’m excluding season champs 1- (TW Elites, Elusive and Siege twice).
    The Season 5 winners were Siege (D) Elusive (J) and Light (B). Now there was that little B.S. notion of the TWLB Cup, which was basically the playoffs, so lets throw Disoblige out there too.
    Disoblige in season 5 had basically none of the big javs or birds that they have sported over the years – and wasn’t really in contention in either of those divisions. \
    Light proved to be awesome, doing something no squad had ever done (or has since done) by going undefeated in all 3 leagues. Light however choked hard in the playoffs in both D and J, and didn’t even make it to the B playoffs.
    Elusive was a favourite for J and D that season and did indeed win TWLJ, but was knocked off in the semis (I think, this was a long time ago) and Onix managed to go through. Looking through the Elusive roster of the time though, had they decided to base (and do it for real, I’ll get to that in a second) they’d sport a basic syndicate roster of today. In-fact so much so that they’d have the same problem of present day syndicate, in that they have no real terr.
    Siege won TWLD that season and was the runner-up in TWLJ. They were in TWLB that season as well but decided not to try, and thus didn’t show up (only sika and domi, big props to them for at least trying) and were removed from twlb with whiterabbits put in to fill the void. SiEGE sported a rather amazing roster including some of the best present day talent and had they tried, could have been in twlb contention.
    Season 6 had much the same. Elusive (D), Disoblige (J) and Spastic (B) won championships this past season with elusive being the runner up in j and disoblige being the runner up in b.
    Spastic had/has a basing roster to be feared but is only a league squad. They’re attempt to branch out into twlj was a failure as they did not make the cut. They have dropped considerably in the twjd rankings.
    Disoblige won J and was the runner up in B. They were eliminated from TWLD in the semi finals.
    Elusive won D and was the runner up in J. They also made it to the semifinals in TWLB before being knocked off by disoblige.
    Currently this season –Final-, Pallies and Syndicate are ruling TWLD. TWLJ is all –F-, Pallies Shriek and Syndicate. TWLB is a mass or ties with Anti-Scrub and pallies tied for first overall, with 6 squads sitting at 4-2 (Spastic, -Final-, Mambo, Incuira, Rejected Basers and Syndicate all sitting near the top)

So who’s the best all around squad of all time? Season 5 Elusive was a forced to be reckoned with after finishing 1st, 2nd and tied for 3rd in TWLD, TWLJ and TWLB respectively.
    Light in season 5 was on fire until hitting a brick wall in the form of the playoffs. Yes they’re the TWLB champs of season 5, but most people don’t count it, as they really dissolved before the cup (which most people consider the playoffs of the year)
    Disoblige in season 6 was a European Powerhouse, finishing tied for 3rd 1st and 2nd respectively.
    Elusive of season 6 was also a menace going 1st, 2nd and tied for 3rd.
    This season –Final-, Syndicate and Pallies are all ruling all 3 leagues.

So currently to date, I’d have to call the Elusive of season 5 and 6 the best balanced squad of all time, with close runner up in Disoblige of season 6. SiEGE and Elusive are without a doubt the best dueling squads of all time having won 3 dueling titles each (SiEGE – 3 TWLDS | Elusive – 2 TWLDS, 1 TWLJ). You’ll have to note I said currently there, as, if any squad pulls out a win of all 3 leagues (very possible from the big 3) or manages solid contention in all 3, they could very well unseat Elusive.

TWL is for the big boys, the people who really want the best competition has to offer. The past champions have all worked very hard to get to where they were, just as the champions of this year will work hard to get to the very same level. It’s a very interesting season so far, and it’s only going to get bigger come playoff time.

Anybody want to come and guarantee a win in any (or all) of the divisons?

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

way to go nn! ^-^
      i enjoy reading all your predictions :up:

Comment

such a big thing about great TWL Squads and no mention of the great gutter? What a rip off
        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

you beat a 3 time TWLD champion. No Text.

Comment

hahaha i love mayos sig.

kickass editorial and stuff by the way.
            I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Pallies S7 3 League Champs fo sho. TWL ops better make a tileset with some fucking brackets, or I'm gonna be pissed.
              1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
              1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
              1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
              1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                LAST WEEK:

D:6/7
                Season:84%
                I got Melee vs DG wrong - Pirates vs BS game wasn't played.
                It was played, and we won.. as you predicted... but unrecorded and we have to win it again. consider yourself 7/8 in TWLD for week 6

Comment

pallies vs diso

CAN WE CHANGE THE SCHEDULE OF THAT MATCH FROM 3PM TO 3:30PM????

everyone wants to watch this game, and yet.. there are already 3 other matches at that time.. so..if possible.. can you play at 3:30??
                  1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                    Pallies vs. Disoblige -- Hey now! This match has meant a lot of things so far this year. At the begining of the season this was the TWLB match of the year - bar none. After Disobliges horrible start in TWLB this became a match of far less importance. Now with Disoblige possibly dissolving, this match is perhaps there most important of all time. One last fight for glory, the eternal bragging rights. These squads are so similar it's fightening - with one mirroring the other with the exception of timezones and geographical convenience. This is it ladies and gentlemen, the last one for all the marbles. I'm partially expecting a weaker pallies line but i doubt they'd try to feed disoblige very much as disoblige simply won't be making the twlb playoffs. Expect the old core players to come out for one last battle. I want to see the old core guys on both sides. Good Luck both teams.

have to disagree with you here nick, i think what made our rivalry so special is that we were two very different styles, we were the offense-heavy squad that played like rabid dogs fighting over meat, diso was the well oiled super coordinated machine- but both were so fucking effective. The new era of basing has moved our styles slightly closer together (mostly just in lineup decisions), but i would not say we ever mirrored each other in any respect besides that of talent and execution.

Also, this will hardly be the old school guys vs. the old school guys, I for one, a past star of the diso/pallies games will not be playing, pearl jam also will not be gracing the 2, so it will be a very different look for us- but it should still be a great game.
                    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

also i think you have to factor us into the "big squads" of all time list- we haven't won any crowns but we've been a basing powerhouse for years and we've had some nice dueling and jav teams in the past, there's definitely no other team to maintain it's core of players the way we have either, which makes us special- but say what you will, we're gonna have to win at least one of these titles this year to truly make the history books. I call basing!
                      Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

I felt i was implying that if you won a title this season - or several - you may replace elusive. I don't know, uber tired when i wrote it.

As far as diso pallies go, yes you're styles were different, but the talent, and the attitude of the people involved were very similar. You've said it yourself that when a new guy of the same attittude comes in, he goes to pallies or diso basically depending on time zone. You're both "elite" level squads without question. You're both exactly what is good with twl, for running for so many season and runnign strong. I am beyond tired with new squads every twl or returnign squads doing the same thing (exp: shriek)

Comment

I think Cripples or WF were as good as any of those squads inbasing in there prime. ANd they could both jav very well too. You'd have to have those 2 squads in that list. Diso has always been a tool in basing, but nothing special in LD, and 1 year of great javing. Elusive/light could do all 3 leagues very well. Same with -f- and pallies nowdays. I think if Siege would of put full effort into basing there last year they probably could of been alrite at it.

Good predictions too :P cept it'd seem shriek wont be in those games, diso wont be as good w/o those 3 players being axed
                          Last edited by Cig Smoke; 06-30-2004, 09:53 AM.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Project
                            Pallies S7 3 League Champs fo sho. TWL ops better make a tileset with some fucking brackets, or I'm gonna be pissed.
                            TWLB Champion S7: Anti-Scrub
                            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by cundor
                              TWLB Champion S7: Anti-Scrub
                              Squads with hyphens in their names are not allowed to be champions.

llater,
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X