Newer Squads in TWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer Squads in TWL

Alot of you consider this a problem, but you know they'll just move on to be eliminated horribly, dissolve, and then 1/2 of the players will quit SS. So what can be done about it? New rules?

I'd just like to say this about that, would you rather new players quit, or stick around to try and take up space next time?

uhh, you got the first part right, the new squads cannot compete

nothing can be done about it... some squads get the advantage of facing them, others dont... and the unlucky ones had to face that squad that dropped out while they were still in it.

it isn't fair but you wont get a 100% fair league any possible way ever... just look at the conferences, theres a starting point

that being said, i think TW Leagues are pretty fun, theres flaws but i dont think it really matters. most people love it and usually the best squad wins (or screws up allowing #2 to win)... in either case, the "fairness" (or lack of fairness) doesnt really matter in the end.

Comment

maybe a longer season would be better then

these 10 week seasons and then nothign for a year almost sucks.... people play this game 365 days a year..

im pretty sure if your a solely LD squad and u can have up to 35 members, u should be able to pull up 5 members each week

but if it was continuing season.... or at least a longer season, like 20 game or something like that, it wouldnt be so crucial if a team got subbed, there would be more games to make yourself shine

after the regular season... or if you are going to have playoffs, a brief layoff (like a few weeks, not 6 months to a year) in those off weeks, u could have a small tournament where the bottom 4 teams in each league plus the top 4 TWD teams at the cutoff play a tournament to see which 4 of those 8 get promoted

then the league picks up and runs again much sooner

i think alot of the issues in the league here, is that in a short season of 10 games, where its only happening 1x per year for the last couple years.... that people are placing so much importance on each and every game that its getting crazy

hell make the season 30 weeks long... add in 5 weeks for playoffs... that leaves u 17 weeks of the year to do a requalifying and demote/promote teams to fill the league

now the first question or complaint will be that TWL staff may not want to be that committed to that many weekends... understandable

so arrange it so that each squad provides minimum of 1 host who has to do a game each weekend thats not in their conference or league

if the bots are sturdy, u really only need someone to supervise the bot..... and bots arent that hard to run, a short training session with a printable file being available can teach anyone how to run the bot easily enuf

this would lighten the load.... make squads take more responsibility for themselves....

anyways just food for thought.......

oh yeah

on more crazy idea......

right now there seems to be a lot of scheduling issues for one, and 2 a lot of lag on the weekends during match times

i know TWL is traditionally a Sat/Sun thing, but why not open up the ability for more match times?

in the negotiations, allow for a Thursday or Friday time....
      if one doesnt get accepted, then it still gets assigned to the weekend....... but maybe some teams would rather be able to play on a friday night, then a saturday night, as well as certain weekends, like Fathers day that just past, or the Long weekends like this weekend, people could play it earlier and still be going away

anyways, sorry for long post.... just some ideas to maybe help
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

[you've been warned ... this is a long read]

There simply isn't enough high skilled squads to allow for every league to be super competitive (in the sense that no one has a perf rec, the lowest teams have at least some wins, and every squad has a chance at the championship).

I don't think the following will ever happen ... but in my opinion, limiting the rosters would increase the competitiveness and teamplay more than it is now. A roster limit for TWLD and TWLJ of 15 players, and a roster of 25 players for TWLB... that's like having 3 teams in one squad. I mean, to me that's more than a generous amount of "backup players." This would: 1) spread the talent out among the teams 2) force teams to be more active 3) increase competitiveness and teamplay.

I'll even extend this idea a bit further into TWD. TWD and TWL can be integrated in such a way that you have a bigger TWD roster ... let us say for example's sake 25 for TWDD and TWJD, and 35 for TWBD. So the for each league, a squad has to specify a max of 25 players that are allowed for wb and jav. If this squad is in TWL, then the TWL roster is limited to 15 players ... and the TWD roster includes these 15 players. Thus they basically have 10 "backup players" which are only allowed to play TWD. This is the "pool" in which they can draw players onto their TWL roster ... by sending a player back into the TWD roster and moving another player from TWD roster into TWL roster. Of course you'd need to tack on some type of waiting period ... like 1 game wait. But this would integrate TWD and TWL more closely, while solving potential problems with not having "your friends" playing with you with a "15 and 25 TWL roster limit." To me this also creates more of a "minor league" situation where someone can play TWD for a squad and then get promoted to the "major league" TWL roster.

The whole issue of roster locks would still prob hafta be dealt with (assuming ppl still have issues with it).

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
          in the sense that no one has a perf rec, the lowest teams have at least some wins, and every squad has a chance at the championship).
          Avalonian has 0 wins and 5 loses we have no wins
          9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty
            Avalonian has 0 wins and 5 loses we have no wins
            Thus proving my pt that all the leagues have someone going 0-10 or whatever with no wins ... meaning that the competitive level can be even higher than it is now.

Comment

If it was a longer season it would be a pain in the ass for TWD squads... before I just wouldn't come online on Sundays because TWD would be down and I had no TWL games 2 play/warm up for. Maybe if they allowed TWD to run at the same time a longer season would be a good idea.

To sufficient you need 5 people for ld 5 for lj and 8 for lb maybe a few extra in case some don't make it, but their is no way you need 35 people on a twlb squad.
              carpe diem

Comment

U dont need 35 ppl on any squad. i mean u can be a squad with 10 ppl and be competative in any league if ur ppl are active enough. but it sucks bc all the good ppl flock to 1-3 squads in TWL and thats why TWL isnt competative throughout. In DSB sure some squads are powerhouses, but even the #4/5 ranked teams can still pull upsets on a regular basis bc they got some all-star players.
                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                  In DSB sure some squads are powerhouses, but even the #4/5 ranked teams can still pull upsets on a regular basis bc they got some all-star players.
                  same with in tw.

Comment

If there werent any new squads in TW there wouldnt be enough ppl to fill TWL's.......yeah sure out of 5 new squads that enter.....4 will dissolve.....but what if one turns out to be a Pallies or a Disoblige.....u may never know
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                      U dont need 35 ppl on any squad. i mean u can be a squad with 10 ppl and be competative in any league if ur ppl are active enough. but it sucks bc all the good ppl flock to 1-3 squads in TWL and thats why TWL isnt competative throughout.
                      yeah like shriek who had more than enough rostered people but had to cheat to show enough people for one game.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                      Asia Minor> maybe not
                      Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                      bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                      bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                      bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                      bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Working...
                      X