No forfiets should be allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No forfiets should be allowed

This is TWL. If you can't bother to show enough people, be it 5 or 8, out of a possible roster of 30+, you shouldn't be in TWL.
    sdg

You're trying to tell me that just because it's an American holiday, a squad shouldn't be expected to show 5 people?

EDIT: I've recently heard that Elenya didn't even show a SINGLE player to their TWL game.
    Last edited by Stabwound; 07-04-2004, 05:49 PM.
    sdg

Comment

Elenya really didn't care about playing TWL i think.
      After their first forfeit, we had to play them the next week.
      I was trying to speak to their captain (IcyK i think it was) about scheduling our game time.
      He was like "saturday @ 1?" i said "sunday is better for us" ... so he said "sure, whatever... dont think we can show anyone on sunday though" (although they did manage to show 6 or 7 people on sunday)
      Point is they didn't really seem to care, nice people but not exactly TWL-type squad.

Comment

sk8 didnt forfeit.. they had 7 players.. but somehow 2 of them are way above the lag limit so they cant enter.. thus the bot gave us the win..

it goin to be a replay on week11
        1 + 1 = 1

Comment

IcyK is a she, and the score would've still ended the same anyways Awesome, you know that .

But I agree if they cant show enough for TWO matches then they shouldnt be in TWL.

Comment

well obviously we were gonna win and did... unless we all went around and tk'd each other the whole game or something stupid like that

i'm just saying SHE was a nice person but they didn't really seemed to care about being in TWL at all.

Comment

Well, the whole reason why they didn't care about TWL was because they were getting their asses kicked constantly.

Why were they getting their asses kicked constantly? Because they lamed to get into TWL. Thats right, you morons out there should stop laming into TWL if you can't take the heat - you'll get crushed anyway.

Though next season there'll probably be like 6 more squads that lamed their way into TWL and then dissolve or forfeit because they forgot TWL is actually serious
              - k2

Comment

I think 1 forfiet should be allowed atleast incase of certain things happening. I mean after all this is SUMMER leagues once again so ppl do have lives since they are out of school and have free time now. Lots of families go on vacation and whatnot. And u need it for a weekend like today for americans. If elenya is a mostly american squad then it could very well be possible that they cant get 5 or 4 to show up.
                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by K2Grey
                  Well, the whole reason why they didn't care about TWL was because they were getting their asses kicked constantly.
                  maybe they just didn't care about twl... you dont have to be a jackass about it... maybe they just played TWL against people they thought they could compete with instead of going into a game knowing they'd get their asses handed to them.

getting their asses kicked in twl doesn't mean that you don't care about winning. i mean, look at avalonian... they trash talk a hell of a lot, especially King is Sword who took over when Deluge left in that department.. and they're 0-6

Comment

Yeah.. I think 2 forfeits is a pretty good idea. I know for sure that my squad is full of people that have lives. And the summer vacation is a big thing too. I remember in spring during school, every night we'd get an average of 8 or 9 people and play at least 2 or 3 twd games. Now that it is the summer, on a normal night we don't get more than 4 or 5 people on, most of the time even less. Just look at rapid's twd in the last month... weve only played like 6 or 7 games. I understand our guys' situations, because I'm struggling to stay active for twl myself. In almost all of our twld's we've ended up having to put in a jav or two.
                    I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                      maybe they just didn't care about twl... you dont have to be a jackass about it... maybe they just played TWL against people they thought they could compete with instead of going into a game knowing they'd get their asses handed to them.

getting their asses kicked in twl doesn't mean that you don't care about winning. i mean, look at avalonian... they trash talk a hell of a lot, especially King is Sword who took over when Deluge left in that department.. and they're 0-6
                      Plus the fact that losing to people who play better is the only way you're going to improve, so maybe next time you'd pose more of a threat.

Awesome is right, The odds may be against you, but you still have to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Torn Wing
                        Awesome is right, The odds may be against you, but you still have to try.
                        that wasn't my point... it was just that elenya didn't care about twl... i think they were invited and said...

1:Elenya Captains> we were just invited to something called twl. what's this thing all about? ... anyone wanna give it a shot?
                        1:Elenya Players> okay what the hell, could be fun

these types of squads are the reason i support changing the leagues around so only 12 teams can play in each league. this way, you get people who know what they're doing before they go into it and it's also a more competitive league for everyone participating. plus you get a more accurate playoff picture because you can then make regular season 11 weeks long and everyone faces each other once.... fair for everyone involved.

i'm not saying elenya has bad people, just the opposite actually... but it isn't a squad suited for twl in my opinion. and they are not the only one.

Comment

Well i agree with u that elenya is like that they are a paladen type squad. But i dont think limiting the league to 12 is good , i mean we are getting more an dmore players in TW every day. By next league there mite be 14+ competative squads atleast in 1 league. We just need a different method to chose teams so that squads like elenya who just JD'd squads like /-/unterz and stuff dont get into TWL. I already hear quite amount of ppl talking about starting up a squad after TWL. Of course other squads will die in the process, and most squads created never make it till the 1st TWL but who knows
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

All forfeiters should be shot + killed. sk8.
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                              But i dont think limiting the league to 12 is good , i mean we are getting more an dmore players in TW every day.
                              Name 16 competitive dueling squads, 16 competitive jav squads and 14 competitive basing squads.

i bet you get to 12 (maximum) each time before you start reaching and naming stuff like avalonian and elenya

EDIT:

here, i'll even help you out:
                              Dueling: Syndicate, -Final-, Pallies, Grapevine, Pirates, Disoblige, Ancients, Sk8, Rapid, DragonGuard, Alf (sorta)
                              Javelin: Syndicate, -Final-, Pallies, Disoblige, Pirates, Sk8, Mambo, Ancients, Grapevine, Rapid, Tanked, Hinder
                              Basing: Anti-Scrub, Pallies, Spastic, -Final-, Disoblige, whiterabbits, Incuria, Syndicate, Mambo, BasingCrew, Rejected Basers

That's 11 from each league. I cant think of any other squad that can legitimately contend in any of those leagues. Can you? Name it. Maybe i missed a squad in one of the leagues.
                              Last edited by Awesome; 07-05-2004, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X