Two Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Questions

1. The league web site has a section that shows the stats of the games. I note that Week 2 is broken and has been for a while, you can not retrieve Week 2 stats for many of the games. Will this be fixed anytime soon? (Returns a SQL error, "MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and U.fnUserID=MRU.fnUserID order by MRU.fnTeam, U.fcUserName")

2. I have nearly finished compiling statistics for the 'Predictions' area of the league web site. It basically shows a player's name and how well they did predicting the TWBL Base games. (I have not yet compiled the TWLD or TWJL predictions).
    Is this something that could be posted on the site, or should I try posting the info in these forums, or should I not publish this info at all? Input please.

1.) Ever since we lost the updated version of the site, it's been a pain to get things back and working. It's still a work in progress so hang tight.

2.) I'll talk to you more in person about this.
    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Well, through Week 8 in the TWLB and having compiled every prediction, I can say that we all suck at predicting.
      The overall accuracy of everyone who predicted Base games was 57% (617 correct out of 1079 predictions). This is not much better then random guessing. I wonder why, when we have so many experienced and outspoken people predicting, that the average is so low? (Perhaps people don't like predicting against their own squad.)
      I will also say that there are some people who are doing much, much better than average.

I'll compile Week 9 numbers today. With just a few weeks left, I wonder who will end up with the best prediction record?

Comment

lots of people dont even make an effort to predict who will actually win. they just use it as a an opportunity to predict against the squad they dont like and throw a little jab in on the comment.

Comment

I'm scared of Ephemeral, he has an army hair cut

Comment

Originally posted by Mobey
            I'm scared of Ephemeral, he has an army hair cut
            Not,
            Somewhere buried deep down in the Diso web site is my picture, and as you can see, I have a lot of hair. Most people would probably say I look like 60's hippie type of dude. In fact, the ZigZag man has a tattoo of ME on HIS arm.

Comment

you shaved it off didnt you?

Comment

Nah, I only shave the hair from my back. lol

Comment

If these prediction accuracies are being counted from the twlm site, then there is another reason why the percentage they would be so low. In the betting section, I also take into account the profit you get in betting for the underdog, even though I think they wouldn't win, but would take the chance to reap the benefits of such a bet. I'm a gambler, and voted half the time for squads I thought would lose.

*edit* just read they are from twl site, should be based on twlm site format with a few changes if u read below imo.

If the predictions are from twl site, then people would also be inclined to vote for the squad they like better, to give them an added boost of morale sortof say. Or people would vote for the underdog, because they want the other team (that is not the underdog) to be seen more as an underdog so that a win would mean something. Tons of pyschological reasons.

If you want people to bet purely for who they think will win, then do it twlm style, but do not have previous bets/odds make any team worth more if they win. Like say, give 10 points to anyone who bet 5 points for a correct winning team result, no matter which team it was, and no matter how many voted for and against that said team. Numbers don't really matter, they only do in comparision to how much individual players on their team produce net stock growth, and considering how much you think a correct prediction is worth compared to player stocks. But most importantly is consistency, and no 'financial' gain for voting for the underdog.
                  Last edited by lunch3; 07-19-2004, 04:49 PM.
                  -L3

Comment

fuck i got you mixed up with Displaced, sorry Ephemeral lol
                    Last edited by Mobey; 07-19-2004, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X