Too many 4vs5s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many 4vs5s

There is no point in showing up and playing these games, they are a waste of everybody's time.

Next season i think it would be a good idea to add 3vs5 and 4vs5 games to the no-show definition.

let the games be played, but if a squad only shows 4 twice, kick them out of twl. it should not be hard to show 4 out of 30 people to a scheduled game, especially when you have a say in the scheduling.

Further:
    5.01 All registered Trench Wars League Squads may only have a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 35 registered members.

http://twl.trenchwars.org/?module=ro..._fnTeamId=3268
    http://twl.trenchwars.org/?module=ro..._fnTeamId=3575
    http://twl.trenchwars.org/?module=ro..._fnTeamId=3466
    http://twl.trenchwars.org/?module=ro..._fnTeamId=3485

Please enforce the rules, don't let the last week of twl, including any applicable playoff races, be ruined.
    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
    Philos> there is something about you
    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

I think this would be a very smart addition.
    When me and my friends found this game we formed our own squad, and for the most part we play in public arenas, and haven't entered leagues because we know we don't have enough, especially for the basing league that we like. If you can't show the people, why ruin it for fuckin everybody else? Heh, one of my friends that I personally brought to this game, wanted in leagues so badly that he decided that it was best if he went on to join an already established squad, and he's now on BasingCrew, because we couldn't enter leagues this season. Don't fuck shit up for others, by being greedy.
    "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I tend to agree anthing less then 5v5 should be counted as a NS.

Comment

Instead of punishing a squad that might just be having a VERY unlucky weekend with activity, we just get better squads into TWL, with MUCH stricter rules about getting in. Like a minimum amount of weeks or months it has to be established for, and an even GREATER minimum amount of games it has to play to get in.

Comment

Squads should make sure they have more than they need before making a date for a game.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
          1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
          1:Freeze> LOL FAR
          ---
          5:waven> freeze
          5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
          5:waven> you state your business with sanji
          5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
          5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
          5:waven> and i will talk to ease
          5:Freeze> LOL
          5:waven> that's how things work around here
          --
          1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

But some people don't realize that the squad that their in is captained by a bunch of.... well in capable captains.

Comment

Well, i disagree. At least that 4vs5s should be classified as a NS. This season has showed how important +/- is and getting a 0-50 because you one weekend didnt manage to field a full team isnt fair. These leagues are often played during holidays and you cant expect people to just dismiss their sociallife because of a subspace game, and there arent enough good players around for all squads in every league to have 10/15 active players.

I consider myself as pretty active and still ive missed almost half of our games this season.
              :wub: GammaHydroxyButyrate :wub:

Comment

yeah they should allow even 1v5 if only 1 guy shows up for his team, but having played 2 games with less than 5v5 should be considered a forfeit and the squad should be removed from twl

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                  Please enforce the rules, don't let the last week of twl, including any applicable playoff races, be ruined.
                  I agree fully. Next season we should crack down on the rules because if we don't, what good are they?
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                    There is no point in showing up and playing these games, they are a waste of everybody's time.

Next season i think it would be a good idea to add 3vs5 and 4vs5 games to the no-show definition.

let the games be played, but if a squad only shows 4 twice, kick them out of twl. it should not be hard to show 4 out of 30 people to a scheduled game, especially when you have a say in the scheduling.

Further:
                    5.01 All registered Trench Wars League Squads may only have a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 35 registered members.

http://twl.trenchwars.org/?module=ro..._fnTeamId=3268
                    http://twl.trenchwars.org/?module=ro..._fnTeamId=3575
                    http://twl.trenchwars.org/?module=ro..._fnTeamId=3466
                    http://twl.trenchwars.org/?module=ro..._fnTeamId=3485

Completely agree with you, whats the point of playing a 4v5? It's pretty much a guarenteed loss anyhow.
                    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

I agree with awesome. If only 1 person from the squad shows up to a TWL game then he should be able to atleast play 1v5. They'll of course lose but they mite be able to muster some kills out of the deal. And it would rarely be a 1v5 situation, but anything is better then a 50-0 gimme game. And if a squad shows nethign less then 5 it should be considered a forfiet (let them play) but then put a strike by there name.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I agree with everything said up to now. Less than 5 should merit a forfeit.
                        Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

Leagues are not made for unorganized squads. And this season has been way too much work for the ops than it should be.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                          1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                          1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                          ---
                          5:waven> freeze
                          5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                          5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                          5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                          5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                          5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                          5:Freeze> LOL
                          5:waven> that's how things work around here
                          --
                          1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

the only problem with playing 1vs5 is that, if +/- is used, it completely distorts the system. i thought about that but then i figured that at the least, 3vs5 should offer some sort of opposition.

and horny elf, i mean classified as a no show in that if you get 2 you are kicked out. you still play the games and the scores are still calculated from there.

and to whoever mentioned the thing about captains. . . you need to assess who the captain of a squad is if you want to join it. saying you didn't see it comming is not an excuse
                            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                            Philos> there is something about you
                            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

randedl, a forfeited game of 0v5 would distort the system more than 1v5

Comment

Working...
                              X