No announcement yet.

Too many 4vs5s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you get 50-25 for a 5vs0. i would like to see one person get 25 kills in a 1vs5.
    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
    Philos> there is something about you
    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

This adds another point to the less-teams-in-twl argument, which I fully support.
      Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
      Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
        you get 50-25 for a 5vs0. i would like to see one person get 25 kills in a 1vs5.
        http://twl.trenchwars.org/?module=te...nSubLeagueID=1

looks like -Final- got 50-0 for a slash's forfeit last weekend
        Originally posted by triceratops
        This adds another point to the less-teams-in-twl argument, which I fully support.
        as do i, 12 teams per league is perfect

Comment

don't do 12 teams if twd is used. twd will suck more than it did this season. the top 3 squads will play each other and the rest of the pack will duck them and play twd squads.

there were more than one squad thatwasted their spot this season. do you want more for next?

if memory serves correct, didn't syndicate finish like 12th in twld qualification? add diso and pallies as already qualifieds and british squad makes it while synd sits out?

trench wars can support 16 squads, the problem is the captains and squad stability. you cannot use dissolving squads as an example, use the week 1 squads and their rosters.

16 teams that qualified for twl, and enough players for each. if squad A dissolves, in theory all of squad a's players can go to squad b, a new arrival.

fix the twd system so that short-lived, unstable squads can't qualify for a 4 month long twl season.

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

A TWL level squad can't get 5 warm bodies to a scheduled match? Kick 'em out.

Wait...there's already a rule for it:

9.01 Squads will be allowed to submit a maximum starting line-up of 5 eligible players. In order for a game to commence each Squad must have a minimum of 3 eligible players submitted to the game referee within the allotted time for line-up submission. If a Squad is unable to meet the minimum line-up requirements of 3 players, that Squad will be given a forfeit loss.
            9.02 If Once both Squads have met the minimum starting roster requirement of 3 eligible players within the allotted 10-minutes for line-up submission, the game will begin. Squads will have an additional 2-minutes to submit an eligible player to the referee for entrance into the game. No additional players will be allowed to enter once the 2-minute period has expired.

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
              There is no point in showing up and playing these games, they are a waste of everybody's time.

Next season i think it would be a good idea to add 3vs5 and 4vs5 games to the no-show definition.

let the games be played, but if a squad only shows 4 twice, kick them out of twl. it should not be hard to show 4 out of 30 people to a scheduled game, especially when you have a say in the scheduling.

http://twl.trenchwars.org/?module=ro..._fnTeamId=3466
              well i agree with you but b4 showing squad names and acuse twl ops of not apply rules u should talk to them about that screwed lines on names.

Pusher told us that its not working properly and seems we have 10.

Yes we should have problem to show 5, but we showed 5 from those 10 on our both games.

For me, i wouldnt join twl to play on the last 3 games:

1) because sure we have no chance, even knowing that we can beat some squads that will do playoffs.

2) because squad had about 1 month and few ppl on roster.

3) hard schedule tanked (beat) synd (upseted us dam ) and pallies (ill be mvp).

just my 2 cents.
              8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
              8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
              8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
              8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
              8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
              8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

randedl i dont suggest that we use the twd system, i think that it should perhaps be used for replacement squads only next twl...

but i do think that the starting twl squads need to be picked by the league op... or some sort of small committee of 5-10 people who all give a list of their top 12 picks for twl for each league and the squads that get the most votes get picked to start. then if someone drops out, use the top remaining twd squad.

Comment

If your TWL team qualified for TWL and can't even show a full line-up for (not one, as most people that disagree with Rand have said) 2 weeks, then why should you be allowed to stay? As previously stated, Captains have access to scheduling, and they have access to their Rosters. Show up or get out.

As much as I hate seeing 0-50s on the TWL page, playing 4v5 is just a complete waste of time. Think about it. You don't make TWL with just 5 players playing all the time. You have a team. If that team doesn't show up for TWL, then guess who gets the shit end of the stick? The Captains, no less. So the Captains should take responsibility and the initiative to realize that, if you're not taking TWL seriously then why are you in it? Let other people play.

I noticed people talking about how people aren't going to screw up their social life for a spaceship game. TWLD games last what, 10 minutes? Wow. I'm sure there's 10 minutes in your hectic Saturday afternoon or Sunday to fit it in. Plus if you knew you weren't going to have enough time for TWL, move aside and let another squad who CAN show 5 and CAN play.

This is the longest post I've made in a while and I just completely agreed with the agreement. I'm the man.\

[EDIT] Oh and yea, have a hand-picked selection of squads. Anything to seperate TWL from the TWD feeling.
                  Last edited by King Baba; 07-22-2004, 05:16 PM.
                  Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                  1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

Letting league Ops pick who does and does not play in leagues is a very cloudy area.

Qualification should be a set system so everyone knows how they can/cant get in league, this may involve having a stable squad for X months, playing X amount of games or whatever..but it should be cut and dry and above personal opinions. I dont trust anyone not to hold grudges or be influenced by one or two local big mouthed cunts.

Look what happened to alf, some high league Ops blatently feed them so Dec didnt get in league and look how that turned out? The best thing for the league aint always the most obvious.

Comment

Er yea Acid, but for the replacement squads for those who get booted out of TWL. Ops should hand pick them based on, as you said, a set criteria. That way it more or less bypasses the "lame" way of getting to #1 in TWD and not deserving it. Know what I mean?
                      Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                      1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

2 days before the weekend hits. no sign of replacement squads.

look for a record number of no-shows and 4vs5s this week.

Comment

Yeah, but what if the team with 4 wins? It'd be dumb to penalize a team with for one week only shows 4 because of a small roster or attendance problems, but is easily the favorite and would have run if there was no auto forfeit.
                          - k2

Comment

Even if you have the best 4 guys in the world, if you can't find a monkey to stick in that fifth ship, then I don't think you need to be in leagues. With you talking about the winning proves it even more so. If you're decent enough to be able to pull out wins with 4 vs 5, why in god's name couldn't you have someone's dog register a name "$P0+" or "|2O\/E|2" or what the hell ever, and tape his paws to the controls, to fill up the slot? Do -something-. To my mind having constant 4vs5 games is as bad as forfeits.
                            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I agree that the TWD system as it is now is at fault, but i dont think we should fully throw the system out, just tweak it. Like acid said, we should put some other variables in besides just having the highest rating. Maybe having to play "X" # of games vs top 10 ranked, or 1000+ rating squads, having to play "X" # of games (in twbd) 8v8 and so on. I mean alot can be add'd to this system, and i think alot should be added, but let us know the way TWL will be selected, u cant just decide the day selections are made.

About the commitee: How would these 5-10 ppl be chosen? How can we trust these ppl to make the best choices? How can we expect them NOT to be biased to some extent. Everyone has there friends and enemies in this game (u should know that most awe ) I maen it sounds like a good idea, and it'd probably get us alot of the rite squads in, but i think we'd have alot of complaints and possibly ppl being ripped off rite and left of getting into TWL. This here mite be a better method for choosing replacement squads. To many "if" factors for this to work.

Originally posted by Awesome
                              randedl i dont suggest that we use the twd system, i think that it should perhaps be used for replacement squads only next twl...

but i do think that the starting twl squads need to be picked by the league op... or some sort of small committee of 5-10 people who all give a list of their top 12 picks for twl for each league and the squads that get the most votes get picked to start. then if someone drops out, use the top remaining twd squad.
                              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                              X