X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bosshawk
    not sure what your talking about jackie

we played a jav in every game except 1 or 2 maybe

and most of the games we played had either a bird or jav in them....

Not Melee, everyone else.
    I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Comment

only boring if it is too lopsided. otherwise crams don't ususally last and fr battles ensue.
      To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
      brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

hey, we made it to the finals only playing a 5 spider line once- just because the 5 spider line won the championship doesn't mean it was the only line out there- let the kids play what they want, big ups to A-S for a big time win.
        Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

What you're not getting is that it is boring, not much action 5v5 spiders vrs adding a jav. That's the point...

Comment

Originally posted by Nosey
            if i bought you some rope jackie would you hang yourself? isnt base the only thing you can do? and at that not even well?
            Go pick yourself.

Comment

You're boring.
              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                You're boring.
                :up:
                "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
                flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

It doesnt matter to me either way bc i think some games 5v5 (spids) are even more interesting then having a lagass jav rocketing into ur team and killing it, or into ur cram and breaking it. I think the teams should be able to play whatever they want to, but i dont think it'd be a real big deal if they enforced the 4 spider limit, since there was quite a few squads who played a jav/wb durin the season anyway.

I must say tho, the cram this season wasnt near as strong as last season. Every once in awhile you would have a team hold a cram for 10+ minutes, but very rare. last season Spastic and such did that very often.

Besides this was the move competative season we had yet with squads ranked #1-#10 putting up a good fight. Only 2 squads really werent a challenge.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Keep it as it is, respect to the squads that don't play 5 spids.
                    1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
                    1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
                    1: cundor> dude
                    1: cundor> i already told my parents
                    1: Desperate> LOL
                    1: Cremation> HAHA
                    1: bram> :)
                    1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Well i think almost every squad played 5 spiders atleast once this year. that shows that it truely is the strong and move safe line to go with. Doesnt really matter to me tho bc i think if the squad is better they can win with or without a specialty ship.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I think forcing squads to play 4 spiders is the wrong approach to the thing. I think the more freedom the squads get when discussing a lineup, the better. Over all the games have a pretty good balance between FR fights, cram defending and battles in lower base. What bothers me are the crams that hold for over 10 minutes. I think defending should be like fighting a losing battle, every second counts but you will lose it in the end (when enemy terrier enters the flagroom).

I dunno what the solution is though, faster recharge for a jav, slower respawn for sharks, fiddling with the burst to make it better on offence than on defence etc...
                        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                        5: Da1andonly> =((
                        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

They should just give the squads shipchanges
                          6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                          3 league vet

Comment

ban 5 spids! 5 spids lets ez squads win games!
                            2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
                            2:renzi> lol no
                            2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

I've said this over and over, but instead of making a quick patchup that doesn't really fix the problem, it should actually be carefully looked at and tweaked.

There is a reason that people opt to go with 5 spiders. It is because they are always a useful ship; a warbird or jav can easily be nullified by the other team. I think if the spider was tweaked to make it a bit LESS useful, people might voluntarily go with a warbird or jav. Maybe the spider needs to be a bit less powerful. Maybe it needs to have a slower rate of fire. Maybe it needs to take more energy per shot. All of these things should be looked at, instead of doing a quick hack job like throwing down a 4 spider limit.
                              sdg

Comment

As things stand, the only ship that I can see justifying not using 5 spiders is if you play a jav. And this jav has to really know what it's doing and has to have GREAT coordination with the team. That even said, a jav still invites disaster because one slight slipup in concentration and suddenly he's killed his entire team.

Now if they were to remodify the weasel so it would have the same settings pub, I could see that ship being useful in basing.
                                Erathia> Attention the fort! Surrender and die!
                                Melufa> don't you mean surrender or die?
                                Erathia> No... no... I don't see that one working at all...

Comment

Working...
                                X