Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Season 7 Official Wrapup

Hi everyone,

As we all know TWL Season 7 ended spectacularly this past weekend.

In case you were living in a cave...

Syndicate wins TWLJ in a 2-0 matchup vs. Pallies with very solid scores for both rounds (50-40, 50-36).

Syndicate wins TWLD in a 2-1 matchup vs. Grapevine in one of the closest matches in this playoff. Grapevine took the first round 50-38, but Syndicate struck back round 2 with a huge score of 50-31. In the third round Grapevine took an early and massive lead of over 10 points, but Syndicate came back to win the round 50-44.

Anti-Scrub wins TWLB in a 2-1 matchup vs. Pallies in yet another one of the closest matches of the season. Pallies took the first round 15:00-4:20. The second round was replayed due to a bot error, and concluded with A-S winning 15:00-9:26. The final round was something else, as it was literally neck to neck, second to second (with a 8-minute flagroom battle to start the round) but A-S managed to pull away once they got around 10:00 to win 15:00-10:38 after a last-minute valiant attempt by Pallies to retake the flag was quickly reversed by A-S.

Syndicate becomes the first ever Trench Wars League squad to win TWO sub-leagues in a single season.

Congratulations to all the squads who made it to the finals, and especially to our winners!!!

As for this season's MVPs they are as follows:

TWLD Season MVP - Mega Newbie, Grapevine
    TWLD Playoff MVP - Demonfaze, Syndicate

TWLJ Season MVP - Demonfaze, Syndicate
    TWLJ Playoff MVP - Fireballz, Syndicate

TWLB Season MVP - Brookus, Anti-Scrub
    TWLB Playoff MVP - Brookus, Anti-Scrub

With his league leading MVPs and big scores, Mega Newbie handedly wins the TWLD Season MVP. Meanwhile solid performances in the finals and 3 MVPs in the quarters and semis and the TWLD Championship makes Demonfaze the easy choice for TWLD Playoff MVP.

In TWLJ, Demonfaze was a force to be reckoned with this season with league leading stats in almost every category. Meanwhile in the playoffs Fireballz lead Syndicate with 4 playoff MVPs and was huge in every game he played in leading Syndicate to their TWLJ Championship.

In TWLB there is only one player who you need to remember this season. This season's most valuable player, the player who took his team to win the championship and was the solid rock which his team played upon... Brookus.

A Special congratulations to Demonfaze for winning back to back TWLD Playoff MVPs proving that he is quite possibly the best playoff warbird player of all time.

I would also like to personally thank all of the staff who helped out this season from hosting, to website to other matters. In particular I'd like to thank:

THE PUSHER - The de facto leader of all that was TWL Season 7
    Rodge_Rabbit - Helped out with staffing matters in TWL Season 7 more than anyone else, by hosting, organizing hosts, and training
    castromarx - For further updating an already spectacular website
    Rob Dougan - For work early in the season on the bots that we used this season

Finally I want to thank all of the players of this league. Without you, TWL would not be possible. Thanks for all your articles, predictions, your showing up to watch games (I saw 227 in the TWLJ finals, 234 in the TWLD finals, and 225 in the TWLB finals), and of course for playing each and every game of this season. TWL is for you and I hope you enjoyed Season 7 as much as I did.

-Epinephrine,
    TWL Assistant Operator

P.S. While I'm sure there will eventually be award for stats like last season, unfortunately the stats are still a bit screwed up in the database (round 2 games are not recording accurately) so that will have to wait.
    Last edited by Epinephrine; 08-25-2004, 03:04 AM.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Great season guys, thanks to push and the rest of the crew...
    1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
    1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
    1: cundor> dude
    1: cundor> i already told my parents
    1: Desperate> LOL
    1: Cremation> HAHA
    1: bram> :)
    1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

What's going on with TWL all-star games?
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
        wat he said
        1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
          wat he said
          What he quoted
          last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Another fun season and playoffs of Trench. Thanks to the TWL staff who made it possible :up:. Respect to our competition.

A Special congratulations to Demonfaze for winning back to back TWLD Playoff MVPs proving that he is quite possibly the best playoff warbird player of all time.
            He now has my vote

- Rule

Comment

Ya congrats to Synd on the 2 titles, but they were made especialy to win those 2, so it shouldnt be such a shocker. Especialy in LJ once shriek got dq'd. And special congrats to A-S who was underrated almost al year long and ended up pulling it out when not many thought they would. I personaly thought Mambo/palies/-f- would win it.

I wouldnt say demon is best playoff wb of all time, but he's up there. Thats not really important tho. Hope to see alot of u squads next season!
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Hooray brook!

llater,

that shitty shark from the finals
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

I dont think anyone really cares about the all-star game. Just like in seasons past everyone loses interest in it bc the season is over. All-star game should be held midseason just like in MLB/NHL.
                    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                      I dont think anyone really cares about the all-star game. Just like in seasons past everyone loses interest in it bc the season is over. All-star game should be held midseason just like in MLB/NHL.
                      agreed

Comment

Great season everyone, and when is the all-star game?
                        Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                          Dude, maybe the FUCKING PEOPLE WHO POSTED ASKING ABOUT IT care?
                          Originally posted by Ward
                          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

good fucking job, kudos

Comment

I want to see (hopefully even play) the all-star games... When can we vote demonfaze & fireballz?

Comment

Working...
                              X