No announcement yet.

What do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ping limit definitely, the ploss limit is already tight enough.

I believe it's 6.5% by the way

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
      So if you have a sub for someone who went 0-5 say. Currently the enemy team can go like "ahh he went 0-5, so target that sub". And they can keep track of the 0-5 guy easy. If there's two subs, it's slightly harder but still possible to keep track.

Now think if there were 3 subs. the first sub had 5 lives, the 2nd sub had 6 lives, and the third sub had 2 lives.

You can see how this quickly becomes very confusing for the players, and ruins team strategy which in TWLJ/TWLD means target the guy with low deaths to get him out so that you can get a player advantage.

That's why the more subs you have, the harder it is to play.
      Ok, I never thought of it that way, would that really be an issue? Would using 3 subs like that really be beneficial to the squad? I mean, usually a squad plays with its best 5 players right? If a player then subs, and that player subs again, you'll have 4 good players, and probably 1 player that's not as good as the one in your starting 5...I might be totally off here, but I just didn't think it would be beneficial to exploit it like that. Anyway, ok, maybe unlimited subs is a bit too much, but more than 1 should definately be allowed, especially for basing games since there are 8 players instead of 5. Also, I don't remember if I posted this in my first note, but I think all points in a TWL-B game should be counted, even the subs that are used. How do you say? Since people may lag out and host won't get their score? Well, again, in private basing it works fine with the bot....
      "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Good idea Jonas (about TWLB).

For TWLJ, what if we place a safety zone in the middle and have people spawn from it (like in DSB) but make it sorta hard to get into so that people won't accidentily stumble in (and we'll just make a rule that you can't go in there).

-Epi
        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
          Just to be clear...

Finally the reason why last season stats might not be the best for ranking (I know I put it up there) is because so many great squads disbanded last season and so many new squads are here. If we use those rankings, it might completely screw up the rankings once we allow the new squads into TWL to fill in the holes.

-Epi
          P.S. Thanks for replying and keep them coming

you shouldn't be "filling in the holes" all squads that didn't play last season would start at the bottom. therefore, even if your squad sucks shit, you get an edge just for lasting more than one season.

EDIT: as for adding the new squads at the beginning of the following season, make it a random drawing or something.

EDIT AGAIN: Unless you're talking about adding subs when teams dropout in the middle of the season, they too would start at the bottom, with the games missed represented by losses.

as for greens, I never realized they were such an issue, I like them, but I see where the problems lie. I would vote just leave them, but only because I'm used to em.
          Last edited by bloodzombie; 10-16-2002, 08:24 PM.
          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie

you shouldn't be "filling in the holes" all squads that didn't play last season would start at the bottom. therefore, even if your squad sucks shit, you get an edge just for lasting more than one season.

EDIT: as for adding the new squads at the beginning of the following season, make it a random drawing or something.

EDIT AGAIN: Unless you're talking about adding subs when teams dropout in the middle of the season, they too would start at the bottom, with the games missed represented by losses.

as for greens, I never realized they were such an issue, I like them, but I see where the problems lie. I would vote just leave them, but only because I'm used to em.
            bz I still don't think you understand.

Because of the fact that TWLD and TWLJ have more teams, you need to separate them into conferences (and maybe even divisions). If you had every team play every other team, you'd have a 16 game season, and that would just be too long.

So you need to rank the teams so that you split the teams up evenly. The worst scenario is to have all the good teams in one conference and all the bad teams in another. Then you will have it so that some good teams don't make it into playoffs, while vastly inferior teams might make it in. That ruins the point of a competitive league in the first place :P

This isn't about letting squads in TWL. Squads that want to stay in, stay in. It's about ranking them to make proper divisions AFTER you let them into TWL.

-Epi
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

i would like to see the ping limit rise. that way i can skip around in circles eat spider lines and grab flag in peace
              RaCka> how can i get you here
              death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
              RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
              death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Working...
              X