No announcement yet.

Pallies vs. Disoblige: Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light is champions of TWL-B, however, Light is dead.
    "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

you're not wrong nnux, they were the johnny bad ass squad during the regular season, 11-0 they deserved their propers, but= they did know there was a twlb cup before they dissolved (after losing)- that you're not right about. But yes, Acid, the guy running the league, said there would be "two seperate champions" and Light was, technically, the champion of the regular season. But shit annux, what are we supposed to do, the undefeated regular season champ just splits- We're supposed to not care or not treat this like a championship? We got fucked on the season as is, so quit raining on our parade buster brown

Proposal:

Mitch- Terr
      Fireballz/Destroy or Hannes- Shark
      2D- jav
      domi/stab/jack/destroy- spider

winner of twlb cup takes that team to settle all?
      Last edited by Divine Rides; 10-15-2002, 01:52 PM.
      Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

About the match- should be a good one. I think Pallies definitely wanted the week 10 game more, I think Diso may actually want this one more. It's the two squads who are the best at representing their two styles. Diso is the fucking machine, extremely well coordinated, ice cold, no mistakes. Pallies are a sloppier more aggressive team, with a lot more holes in their game, but the ability to just punish anyone on any given day.

Conc, next time you're going to use a picture that makes me look psycho (and not as attractive as I am)- ask me. Fucking sweet poster though- how do you do this shit?
        Last edited by Divine Rides; 10-15-2002, 03:07 PM.

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Sure, light finished first place in the regular season, but they no longer exist, so who gives a fuck. they're not coming back to defend their championship in this tournament. therefore, the winner of this tournament will be the undisputed basing champs of trenchwars. maybe light could have been that, and you could argue that they were while they existed, but they don't exist anymore, so who cares. I'm as disapointed as anyone that we didn't get a second chance at them, I wish they would've stayed together. oh well.. life goes on and new champions will be crowned.
          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

har har

heh, i remember when i decided to first enter TWL-B, most of you people predicted us to come in like 5th or 6th place, it's amazing what a group of veterans and newly talented players can accomplish when we come together.

i couldn't have said it better annux. the fact of the matter is my squad (Light) has beaten every single major basing team in the regular TWL-B season, and since there was no playoffs we won the TWL-B championship. we are the undisputed basing champions there is no doubt in my mind about that. even if Light was still around and we faced the major teams more than once we'd still win. the only team i'll admit who had a slight chance of beating us was Diso (big props for a well played game to you guys).

anyone who thinks that the winner of this tourny determines the TWL-B champs is ignorant of the cold hard facts. all this tourny decides at most is who is currently the best basing squad atm, not the league champions.

btw - kickass poster conc...amazing
            Siege TWLD Season 3 & 4
            Light TWLB Season 5
            Syndicate TWLD & TWLJ Season 7
            Syndicate TWLJ Season 9

Comment

I think why people dont wanna accept that Light won twlb is the fact that EVERYONE (even Light I think) wanted a season where you play eachother 2 times (so if you happend to loose the first game to Light you can win them next time) OR a tournament thing after... We got nuthing however it just ended very unexpected and sad.

Now Pallies or Disoblige will win twlb-cup
              Light won twlb

Personally I would prefer being the winner of the twlb (cos its a league and shit and since I play football "soccer" and we use the league system I think thats the best thing to win)
              However I know that almost everyone wants a cup and think that winning the tournament is like the best thing there is to win.

Edit: and oh since the cup is based on how you performed in the twlb it makes everyone confuse...
              Last edited by Mantra-Slider; 10-16-2002, 06:48 AM.
              Originally posted by Tyson
              There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
              Originally posted by HeavenSent
              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
              Originally posted by Izor
              Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

The League Jav champs were Elusive.
                The League Duel champs were Siege.
                The regular season Base champs were Light.
                2 out of the 3 champion teams are now dissolved .... LOL!
                "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                  Sure, light finished first place in the regular season, but they no longer exist, so who gives a fuck. they're not coming back to defend their championship in this tournament. therefore, the winner of this tournament will be the undisputed basing champs of trenchwars. maybe light could have been that, and you could argue that they were while they existed, but they don't exist anymore, so who cares. I'm as disapointed as anyone that we didn't get a second chance at them, I wish they would've stayed together. oh well.. life goes on and new champions will be crowned.

Did you read anything anyone said?

Dude, the season is over. Light doesn't need to defend anything. They won the base league. The winner of this tournament is a winner of this tournament, nothing less and nothing more. The basing season is OVER. And it ended with an 11-0 winning streak for Light. The champions were already crowned, this tournament is nothing more than a bonus event to appease bored teenagers.

I mean, is this really that difficult to understand? http://www.twleagues.org/ announced the winner. Jesus christ.

Comment

Re: har har

Originally posted by fireballz
                    heh, i remember when i decided to first enter TWL-B, most of you people predicted us to come in like 5th or 6th place, it's amazing what a group of veterans and newly talented players can accomplish when we come together.
                    As for the predicting, you would never have won with the team you entered the leagues with...
                    "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Yeah Light won the TWLB season. That's fine, you can keep your title. Nobody is saying they are better then you, or they deserved it more then you. In fact, Light has little to nothing to do with this thread.

Conc just made a technical error by saying "TWLB Champions" without a "Cup" in there. Which really isn't important either way, it's not like everyone suddenly forgot about the season winners. It's all in good fun, Nice poster Conc.
                      Last edited by Mr. Spam; 10-16-2002, 01:14 PM.

-Spam
                      Who got the boombeef?

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Rides

Proposal:

Mitch- Terr
                        Fireballz/Destroy or Hannes- Shark
                        2D- jav
                        domi/stab/jack/destroy- spider

winner of twlb cup takes that team to settle all?

okie dokey baby?

Comment

I think that would be the fairest solution, Div. A best of 3 against Light's old roster, but I don't think they can muster the forces.

As far as I know Ruby and Destroy are both gone, and I'm not sure of the willingness of other members who've joined other squads to participate in such an event. Not to mention that Jack is on Pallies now.

It's a good concept, but it won't work, which is totally understandable. Maybe Staff should have implemented this idea about a month and a half ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spam
                            Yeah Light won the TWLB season. That's fine, you can keep your title. Nobody is saying they are better then you, or they deserved it more then you.

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                            Sure, light finished first place in the regular season, but they no longer exist, so who gives a fuck. they're not coming back to defend their championship in this tournament. therefore, the winner of this tournament will be the undisputed basing champs of trenchwars.

No

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spam
                              Nobody is saying they are better then you, or they deserved it more then you.

I am. I'm saying if we played you right now, with 2d at his real connection, we'd beat your non-existent asses.

okie dokey baby?

Comment

heh i stand corrected then

-Spam
                                Who got the boombeef?

Comment

Working...
                                X