Sigh Anzu you are soooooooooooooo late.
    megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
    L K> taught u what?
    megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
    9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
    9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Buy me, I'm only a little over 300 and we play Gantz this weekend!
      Sit down.
      Stand up.
      Walk into
      The jaws of hell.
      Anytime. Anytime.
      We can wipe you out

Comment

Is there any way to see anyone else's teams?
        Last edited by ShadowHand; 02-18-2005, 09:26 PM.
        Currently listening to:
        Valient Thorr - Immortalizer
        Dead to Me - Little Brother
        Tim Barry - Manchester
        Lemuria - Get Better
        Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowHand
          Is there any way to see anyone else's teams?
          i Was just thinkin to say post your teams :P..
          TWLD Champion 2014
          TWDTB Champion 2013
          TWDTB Champion 2016
          TWDTB Champion 2017
          TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
          -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Roi
            little bug: can't see player value, and how many ppl have bought him when you click on a player name.
            Notice that Anzu?

Comment

I think it would actually make the most sense and the concept of TWLM utilized to the fullest if everyone's value was reset every season. Otherwise it's just not a proportionate factor of skill or performance in regards to players. Someone at 600 + would have to get devastatingly strong ratios in games just to keep them at that level or go any higher. It's kind of why elim resets, because you can only go so far with how strong your ratio can be typically.

The point of TWLM is gaining income, avoiding loss. Anticipating who will do well, buying them, then selling them after they go higher in price after doing well, to gain income. Not resetting player values makes it unproportionate concerning who to buy because it doesn't depend so much on skill or performance as it does simply on what people are initially priced at.

People won't buy a powerful player at 600 simply because there's just not that much room for gain value-wise, and it's far too riskier, since they could buy some mild player at 200-300 $ who may perform half as well as the 600 $ player yet still make people much more money. Why should the higher priced people miss out on the opportunity that lower priced people have? This type of disbalance kind of destroys the whole concept of this system.
              Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
              7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
              7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
              7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lofty
                I think it would actually make the most sense and the concept of TWLM utilized to the fullest if everyone's value was reset every season. Otherwise it's just not a proportionate factor of skill or performance in regards to players. Someone at 600 + would have to get devastatingly strong ratios in games just to keep them at that level or go any higher. It's kind of why elim resets, because you can only go so far with how strong your ratio can be typically.

The point of TWLM is gaining income, avoiding loss. Anticipating who will do well, buying them, then selling them after they go higher in price after doing well, to gain income. Not resetting player values makes it unproportionate concerning who to buy because it doesn't depend so much on skill or performance as it does simply on what people are initially priced at.

People won't buy a powerful player at 600 simply because there's just not that much room for gain value-wise, and it's far too riskier, since they could buy some mild player at 200-300 $ who may perform half as well as the 600 $ player yet still make people much more money. Why should the higher priced people miss out on the opportunity that lower priced people have? This type of disbalance kind of destroys the whole concept of this system.
                That makes sense, but at the same time, if all values were reset, the same people would be bought season after season. not that they don't deserve to be bought, but i mean if rough/merce/whoever else has high value get reset, all you would have to do to make money is buy those players. At least with the current system, you have to kind of search through the teams for more unknown players every week and judge which guys might play etc... not just buy the vets and keep piling on the dough(not sure if that made any sense, im kinda tipsy).

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                Asia Minor> maybe not
                Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Oh oops, I accidently bought a whole bunch of high-costing players thinking that it was a good thing...
                  lol
                  Currently listening to:
                  Valient Thorr - Immortalizer
                  Dead to Me - Little Brother
                  Tim Barry - Manchester
                  Lemuria - Get Better
                  Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

Comment

That makes sense, but at the same time, if all values were reset, the same people would be bought season after season. - Hellzno!

Yeah I actually thought about that afterwards, and I figured that a compromise should be met. A possible compromise would be to split players into 3 or 4 classes. At the end of a season, everyone's cost gets reset but players would get shifted into a particular class depending on value increases and decreases, final value, etc.

Each class would have a set value at the beginning of each season that would add more depth to considering who to buy, but still not be overkill (like one class can be 200, another 300, another 400, or something similiar)
                    Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
                    7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
                    7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
                    7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

its monday yet the little 'you cannot buy players on the weekend' sign is still showing...
                      04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Because values aren't updated.
                        megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                        L K> taught u what?
                        megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                        9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                        9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

First of all, can you please also put the formula for lj and ld on the twlm site on the buy section, same as were the formula for the twlb on the buy section is.
                          I think this should have been done earlier cus new people to twlm didn't understand that it was dumb to buy really expensive players.
                          Also an other thing people do not get is that when you play against a squad that have high value'd players you get more points with the formula then when you play against a squad with low value'd players (i mean the people playing at that moment) when you have the same value and same rec both games.
                          I remember going 5-0 vs anti-scrub season 1 cus i was subbed in.... and my value went down. So change something in the formula in connection to when people are subbed out or in.
                          TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                          TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                          TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                          First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

dudes, im still lost with the twlm crap, was i too late or sumthing. because i want to register a fant squad for it plz help me

Comment

when are they guna update the new stats for this coming week then?
                              Ardour> my fire button is escape key. and thrust is F12. i like to make it as hard for me as possible.
                              Reaver> i play subspace with a steering wheel and gas pedal and a dance dance revolution pad
                              Reaver> i gotta jump on the arrows and turn left to fire
                              Ardour> my movement keys are random letters. i change them regually

Glide> my parents are being evil, they stole my antenna in an attempt to ground me from internet
                              Glide> so i made one

Comment

According to Anzu, by Monday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X