No announcement yet.

Twl All Star Voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hogo for best bench warmer of TWL EEEEEEEEEEEVERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I appreciate the work and effort people are applying to make this season and league possible. Additional features on the web site serve to keep interest and excitement high.

However, my opinion is that if these features have problems and/or are not well thought out, then they lose much of their value and can have the opposite effect.

Given the lack of available statistics, the lack of accurate statistics, and the 3 games minimum cutoff, I feel that the validity of this method to ‘All Star Voting’ is greatly diminished.
      Frankly, the ‘playing field isn’t level’. An example is the voting in the Base category. Basing Crew squad members are at a distinct disadvantage in getting past the 3 game minimum through absolutely no fault of their own. This is because they have only been able to complete 5 games so far this season while many other squads have racked up 7 games. When the ‘playing field’ isn’t level like this, my opinion is that the feature loses a lot of value.

So my opinion about the ‘All Star Voting’ feature is about the same as the ‘Hot or Not’ feature, the name should be changed. If all things are not equal, then a better name might be ‘Popular Player Voting for Those Who Have Not Had Games Cancelled’.

Comment

Originally posted by schope
        That pretty stupid putting an all star vote atm when the site doesnt even show stats for played games. If you are a nerd, you come to twl forums and read all the stats/results thread every week. i dont give a shit and dont even know who other squads played last week. How can you vote at who is doing the best job without being able to see results/game stats and stuff.

seems you are the one wanting to be twl op. go do some good job for twl and ill shut up. what are you? an <ER> ? do you even host ? or answer help calls? do you like to do it ? you are the tipical example of a guy that join staff to get some recognition and prestige. And you know why ? because you need it.
        lOL! woRD! I don't see most of the the ERz do shit besides some and I can give out names.
        Last edited by Paky Dude; 04-14-2005, 10:11 PM.
        Mr. Arrogant 2 entered arena

Paky Dude> asdfasdf
        Paky Dude> sdfasdkl;fasdklfjkl
        Paky Dude> asl'fjalsdkfjkldfj
        Paky Dude> jfalsfjklasdjfklsdfj
        Paky Dude> now gtfo

Mr. Arrogant 2 left arena

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
          I appreciate the work and effort people are applying to make this season and league possible. Additional features on the web site serve to keep interest and excitement high.

However, my opinion is that if these features have problems and/or are not well thought out, then they lose much of their value and can have the opposite effect.

Given the lack of available statistics, the lack of accurate statistics, and the 3 games minimum cutoff, I feel that the validity of this method to ‘All Star Voting’ is greatly diminished.
          Frankly, the ‘playing field isn’t level’. An example is the voting in the Base category. Basing Crew squad members are at a distinct disadvantage in getting past the 3 game minimum through absolutely no fault of their own. This is because they have only been able to complete 5 games so far this season while many other squads have racked up 7 games. When the ‘playing field’ isn’t level like this, my opinion is that the feature loses a lot of value.

So my opinion about the ‘All Star Voting’ feature is about the same as the ‘Hot or Not’ feature, the name should be changed. If all things are not equal, then a better name might be ‘Popular Player Voting for Those Who Have Not Had Games Cancelled’.
          Wwowowowoowwo, excellent thought. I seriously agree and Shyade or who ever made the idea should change some expectations or "rules."
          Mr. Arrogant 2 entered arena

Paky Dude> asdfasdf
          Paky Dude> sdfasdkl;fasdklfjkl
          Paky Dude> asl'fjalsdkfjkldfj
          Paky Dude> jfalsfjklasdjfklsdfj
          Paky Dude> now gtfo

Mr. Arrogant 2 left arena

Comment

Originally posted by Paky Dude
            lOL! woRD! I don't see most of the the ERz do shit besides some and I can give out names.
            lOlZ!! i SerIouzLy dOUbT u evEn KNow wHat the bIG BoiZ r taLKiNG aboUT!?!

Not that schope is any older than 14 or 15, though.

Comment

Should've been opened after week 11 and closed before Finals :thumbsup:

Comment

Heh I changed my name in TWL (ER off) and now I prolly have zero votes I guess (shark, twlb), same stuff with TWLM where I was bought 27 times
                Original Mambonian
                TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
                I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

Working...
                X