Important TWL/TWD notice - Must Read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important TWL/TWD notice - Must Read!

We recently moved/upgraded our server software for the TWD/TWL sites, and unfortunately the password database isn't compatible with this new software. You won't be able to log into the TWD/TWL/TrenchWars sites until you change your password.

Create a new password. To do this, follow these directions:

1. Go to ?go twd

2. Private Message (PM) TWDBot with !signup newpasswordhere. As an example, it should look like this - :TWDBot:!signup abcd1234

2b. Your password must be at LEAST 5 characters long and contain at least 1 digit (0-9) or the bot will not accept it.

Pretty easy. Keep in mind that we have had some people trying to bruteforce captains passwords on the TWD site. It's suggested to make a password that is at least 7 characters long, and contains at least 1-2 digits. Using those guidelines, your password will be a LOT harder for anyone to guess or bruteforce.
    Last edited by Stabwound; 04-13-2005, 03:59 PM.
    sdg

just out of interest. what is bruteforcing someone password?

cheers
    04.07.05 08:59

Comment

what happens if you can log in and you didn't change your pw? do i still have to change it?

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
      Asia Minor> maybe not
      Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
      bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
      bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
      bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
      bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

If your password still works then you probably don't have to worry about it.
        Last edited by Stabwound; 04-13-2005, 05:36 PM.
        sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Tibro
          just out of interest. what is bruteforcing someone password?

cheers
          Have software guess millions of passwords, one right after another. Called bruteforcing because it has all of the subtleties of opening a safe with a jackhammer, (and it relies on the brute force of a computer to perform an action quickly, repeatedly).

Code:
          a
          b
          c
          aaaaaa
          aaaaab
          aaaaac
          zzzzzx
          zzzzzy
          zzzzzz
          People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Kyace: don't forget that it has to go through all permutations of numbers as well Although having numbers probably won't slow the program down much if the password is short.
            - k2

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
              Yes, you HAVE to log into the game. The only way to change your password is through that bot.
              that didn't answer anything...i'm still logged in...do i need to do anything
              violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
              [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

i just changed it. thanks for the tip.
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

can the new pass we sign up w/ be the same one as before if it follows the new requirements?
                  Gun remembers.

Comment

yeah
                    sdg

Comment

Working...
                    X