No announcement yet.

Change the rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless of what is better, you shouldn't be changing rules at the end of the season.

Comment

MVP = PlayerWithHighest (kills - deaths)

Chew on that for next season.

Comment

Well for next season:

30 minute timed games, most kills gets mvp, if two teams get an even score, the team which won head to head proceeds
        Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
          MVP = PlayerWithHighest (kills - deaths)

Chew on that for next season.
          Scratch out deaths from there and replace kills with points. woohey!
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
            i believe they did realize which method is better, which is why the rules are still the same. most squads in the same conference have a schedule that is pretty much the same as every other team in that conference except for 2 inter-conference games (if it is still like last year). the +/- shows which team is better overall, not which team had a good day once.

(every team in their conference should be able to beat the squads like teks, whipe, or whatever the 3 lower squads are in every conference. the +/- shows how well you did overall against the good squads)

for the 1053718758th time, TWL is not a professional sport and the comparison is stupid.
            yep the nfl has no idea what they are doing
            violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
            [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

whether what they're doing for their own league is right or not, it doesn't mean it's right for every single other competition out there. fuck the NFL. and again, i didn't say they were wrong (or right)... i said stop comparing TWL to the NFL or NBA or NHL or any other professional sports league out there, because guaranteed, you're just going to ignore the sports that do use a +/- system and just use the ones that do as an example to try to prove your point.

Comment

awesome listen to me poindexter, you cannot have +/- as a tiebreaker if every team has a different schedule. if two teams have the same record, the team who won between those two teams shud advance, why not?

You cannot say that its bad because a team can get lucky once, because obviously its not luck if the two teams have the same amount of wins during the regular season. Also with head to head ur fate is in ur own hands.

Awesome ur not allowed to reply in this post anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                  whether what they're doing for their own league is right or not, it doesn't mean it's right for every single other competition out there. fuck the NFL. and again, i didn't say they were wrong (or right)... i said stop comparing TWL to the NFL or NBA or NHL or any other professional sports league out there, because guaranteed, you're just going to ignore the sports that do use a +/- system and just use the ones that do as an example to try to prove your point.
                  well the nfl, mlb, nba are sports that have used the same system for how many years with actual success?

find me real sports that use a +/- system and perhaps you could have an agurment..until then don't reply
                  violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                  [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

so i guess that point about TWL isnt a professional sport and cannot be compared to one flew right over your head...even after the second time, right?

and violence.... is this my final warning?

oh and this isnt an insult to you (rapid people)... it's just a difference of opinion. and this argument is all about opinions... no ones right or wrong.
                    Last edited by Awesome; 04-19-2005, 08:37 PM.

Comment

yep right over my head

what else do you want me to compare a game of competition that has playoffs?

sorry i'm not a pounder that follows chess or whatever the hell you want to compare this to

Comment

Coulnd't a lot of this be avoided if we had 9 or 11 game seasons?

You can't use the NFL since they have a lot of different smaller, 4-team leagues, which TWL doesn't have. Though, they probably could, there are enough teams. Sure, the really good ones would beat all the lower ones, but there are some lower ones that would still get to playoffs. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKid
                          Coulnd't a lot of this be avoided if we had 9 or 11 game seasons?

You can't use the NFL since they have a lot of different smaller, 4-team leagues, which TWL doesn't have. Though, they probably could, there are enough teams. Sure, the really good ones would beat all the lower ones, but there are some lower ones that would still get to playoffs. Meh.

nfl system makes the most sense for twl since there are so few games and the schedules for all teams are different

someone explain to me how if you beat a team that has the same record as you makes you still worse than them..you beat them. that's it. fuck points +/-.

Comment

Meh who cares awes. Pirates gonna be in playoffs ne ways. Rapid mad cause they think it hurts their chances to get in. Yet they dont have a chance to get in anyways, how sad.
                            2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by pascone
                              find me real sports that use a +/- system and perhaps you could have an agurment..until then don't reply
                              Football (soccer) uses +/- quite happily.
                              Warpath

Comment

yes, +/- is a fine system if everyone has the same schedule, and in professional soccer league play i believe they do. How stupid can u be to realize the whole +/- thing is useless when all teams have different schedules therefore not making it equal, head to head puts making it through into the hands of the squad itself and is the only option for a league like this.

awesome im gonna have u banned, 2dragons is on my hockeyzone squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X