Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vihta
    Some random thoughts.

TWLD: Requires moderate teamwork, most important factor is invidual skill. Lag is not as much of a factor as people think it is, lag can be countered with intelligent play and keeping your distance to the lagger. Not counting spawnkills, luck is not a big factor. I hear a lot about getting "strayed", but true strays are in my experience rare. Looking at the radar you see where the blue dots are and can anticipate the direction the bullets would be coming from, it's not rocketscience.

TWLJ: Requires more more teamwork than TWLD. The relative importance of invidual skill is not as high as in TWLD, but on the other hand javelin is a harder ship to master simply due to more available options. One player heroics are more rare than in TWLD, but still happens sometimes. Lag plays pretty much the same role as in TWLJ, if you are smart it's not a big issue (not counting extreme cases). Luck plays a bit bigger role due to bouncing strays.

TWLB: Requires the most teamwork. If others suck, one player can't win the match for you. Basing is about knowing your role and having a good timing. Luck plays a bigger role than in TWLJ/TWLD. Someone lagged? Say goodbye to the cram. Terr got hit by a lucky shrap/burst? and so on. Lag also playes a big role, 2dragons in jav/terr when he was on a modem anyone? Terrier is about playing smart, it's not as hard as some people think. Terrier will not win the game alone for you if others suck, on the other hand terrier can lose the game for you. Basically terrier is about positioning and timing/aiming bursts. Shark is the only ship I haven't bothered to learn but I would wager it's all about timing, smart mining and dying a lot. Spider - point and shoot. Spider is about teamwork. Help the terr, defend the flag/cram, kill other team etc. Spider isn't that much about invidual skill, it's about having a good mix of spiders, defensive/aggressive etc. Nobody in your basing team can win it alone for you basically, a lot of people can mess it up for you thou.

Summary: TWLD takes the most invidual skill, TWLB takes the most teamwork/lag/luck, TWLJ takes the best balance of invidual skill/teamwork. I personally find TWLB most entertaining atm. I suppose it is because there are many decent teams because a lot of average players can be decent basers. One point is that I find this game quite boring nowadays so a league that I don't have to practise to be decent in it is good and I have won lj/ld already
    hmm i hate more playings vs those laggots in dueling there it helps more. maybe thats the reason why everyone whine more about lag in DD/LD and JD/LD. and hmm and that you saying luck plays a bigger role, how about some strays or 4 fer in JD (done few times) and you can always dodge shraps and burst, good ter can also aim them well. maybe shraps shouldn't be random the way how it is in shark elim is good then sharks could actually aim own shraps (good idea? sharking would be more interesting) and if someone lagout when you are craming then it's captains fault he added some laggots in.
    www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeBu
      hmm i hate more playings vs those laggots in dueling there it helps more. maybe thats the reason why everyone whine more about lag in DD/LD and JD/LD. and hmm and that you saying luck plays a bigger role, how about some strays or 4 fer in JD (done few times) and you can always dodge shraps and burst, good ter can also aim them well. maybe shraps shouldn't be random the way how it is in shark elim is good then sharks could actually aim own shraps (good idea? sharking would be more interesting) and if someone lagout when you are craming then it's captains fault he added some laggots in.
      Lag is more visible in TWLD/TWLJ, but more effective in TWLB.
      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
      3 league vet

Comment

Vihta ended this thread, you can all go home now.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

what if i'm already at home

HUH
          PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
            Vihta ended this thread, you can all go home now.
            Fit of Mastubation speaks the truth.
            1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
            1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
            1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
            1:Vitja> afk
            1:Underground> haha vit
            1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Was this post really started by Disqualifier? Or someone using his name? Seriously though--Disq--Really ashamed for you starting this and being my squad captain.

Secondly, players who are good will play well in all three leagues--nonetheless. So, in this system--the greatest group of players should win all leagues.

Just so you know, I was/am/will always be the greatest terrier in this zone skillwise/statwise/ability. No matter how much you disagree/bitch/complain.

Comment

Only 'cauz I decided to play spider this season Mitch. (it's easier to mvp in spider)

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
                  Lag is more visible in TWLD/TWLJ, but more effective in TWLB.
                  with new lag limits i don't think so. maybe in ?go base. I'v seen some ppl lagout in league matches and it's only bad thing for them and still havent noticed that their lag have been usefull somehow.
                  www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch
                    Was this post really started by Disqualifier? Or someone using his name? Seriously though--Disq--Really ashamed for you starting this and being my squad captain.

Secondly, players who are good will play well in all three leagues--nonetheless. So, in this system--the greatest group of players should win all leagues.

Just so you know, I was/am/will always be the greatest terrier in this zone skillwise/statwise/ability. No matter how much you disagree/bitch/complain.
                    Wix would own you any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch
                      No matter how much you disagree/bitch/complain.
                      I'd complain, but I broke my arm running from a bee.

llater,
                      Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X