Twl 8 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim
    Why Dont you want to play them? I think A-S Can handle them both, after all you guys are TWLB Season 7 Champions this should be no sweat..
    Well, we got our asses kicked by Spastic and barely squeaked by -F- in the regular season. And A-S sucks, perhaps you missed the memo.

llater,
    Tony

Comment

Its also in their goal verbatim somewhere, something along the lines of
      "We suck."
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

I don't know how you could predict BC to be a favorite year. Good season, yes. But they also had luck on their side, often facing squads who had their second best line in.
        Originally posted by turmio
        jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
        Originally posted by grand
        I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I dont wanna sound whiney or anything.. Sad that we didnt make playoffs in TWLB after beating Spastic and A-S. Sucks that we didnt have subs for our key players!
          1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
          1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
          1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
          1:Vitja> afk
          1:Underground> haha vit
          1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
            Well, we got our asses kicked by Spastic and barely squeaked by -F- in the regular season. And A-S sucks, perhaps you missed the memo.

llater,
            Tony
            You're not fooling us, brookus! We know you guys are the best basers, so quit playing mind games!!!!
            RaCka> how can i get you here
            death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
            RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
            death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

I agree pretty much with what everyone else has said that there will be surprises in playoffs - but I wouldn't expect something totally off the wall to happen. Playoffs are where squads start taking it seriously (hopefully) so that only hurts squads like BasingCrew that have activity and availibility of their first line on their side. Not trying to put down BC - they have a lot of good players. I just think we should expect good showings from squads like Mambo, A-S, Spastic, and Disoblige that had rough games during the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by JacKieChan>
                Dice would have to beat pallies by more than 15-2 to make playoffs with the +/-. Not gonna happen. Good run though. IF you can't beat TeKs, you don't deserve playoffs.

Thanks.
                :fear:
                Maybe wrong squad?
                -Kawrae

Comment

All we need to know about the playoffs is that brookus owns and incuria can't get raped by him cus they didn't make the playoffs.
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Updated.
                    revolt> my girl
                    Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
                    Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
                    Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
                    Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
                    1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

gl rapid! and everyone else
                      TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                      TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Comment

pallies made playoffs over diso? enlighten me here..
                        4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                        4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                        4:Geio> DEEZ?
                        4:Geio> LOLOL
                        4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                        4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                        4:spirit> LOL
                        4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                        4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop
                          pallies made playoffs over diso? enlighten me here..
                          We only lose to bad squads like Simulate and Anti-Scrub. So I have no idea how we beat Disoblige. :thumbsup:
                          I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

I think the Venom/BC game'll be a good one. And I don't see Diso beating A-S.
                            Originally posted by turmio
                            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                            Originally posted by grand
                            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Why do you put some games (2-1) and other games (1-2). Like for Pallies vs Ancients you put "Pallies (1-2)" but Sk8 vs Pirates you put "Pirates (2-1)." Does that mean you expect us to lose 1-2 or do you predict us to win 2-1 and just weren't consistent in the way you ordered your numbers? I assume the later.

As for Scoop's question. Diso finished the season 5-5. Rapid was 6-4. We were 5-4 with one makeup game to play (but diso had the +/- edge over us so if we lost to sk8 diso would have taken the 4th spot with the +/- tiebreaker). We won so we finished 6-4, and with the +/- advantage over Rapid. Putting us in 3rd and Rapid in 4th (both with 6-4 records) and Diso in 5th (with a 5-5 record). Plus diso lost to all 4 of the teams that finished above it, so I'd say the right 4 made playoffs.
                              Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 05-08-2005, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Sleepy, the numbers correspond to how the games are listed. Team 1 vs Team 2. Team 1's Score - Team 2's Score. <insert generic Cornell joke here, stupid>
                                I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Working...
                                X