No announcement yet.

TWLB historical footnote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squads wouldn't pick a 5 spider line if they didn't like the spider settings. leave them the way they are so we can keep liking base. quit bitching about the settings, they are fine, I have played many zones before and owned one myself before. I play in TW because I like the settings, I don't want to see changement in them, if I want changement in settings I go to a different zone.
    Only the loyal count.

Comment

Ok, since you are all mostly against tweaking the spider, what do YOU suggest to make the ships more balanced? Forcing a spider limit is just a quick and easy patch to use instead of trying to think about what the REAL problem is.
      sdg

Comment

Whats the REAL problem? To me it's players who want the changement.
        Only the loyal count.

Comment

a
          g
          r
          e
          e
          d

Comment

The problem is (sigh) that teams choose to use 5 spiders in a lineup, and therefore ignore 4 of the 7 playable base ships.
            sdg

Comment

Like someone said, the spider is fine. Its simple, add the 4 spider limit and that will remove the 5 spid vs 5 spid games. Besides, i dont think its all that bad 5v5 spids. I think most of our games this season were pretty exciting to play in. I dont get what the huge problem is.
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

What's wrong with using fewer than 8 ships? TWLD is all WB. TWLJ is all javs.

The settings won't be perfect because having different settings for each ship guarantees that some ships will be more suited towards one thing and less for others. The green ship is good for basing because you can conserve your energy by throttling your fire. The spider is *NOT* overpowered because it is (right now) the ultimate basing machine.

It is *NOT* overpowered because everyone chooses to use it. If there was not a shark limit, I guarantee that 3 or more sharks will beat a team with 2 sharks because the team will be able to move safely everywhere. The fact that more sharks beats fewer sharks doesn't mean sharks are overpowered.

The point of basing is not to use all the ships but it's to play a team game.

Comment

If the two squads playing eachother are on the same level, the game is exciting. If it isn't, then you've got attitude problems or you just don't care about the game (in this case you shouldn't care about the changes either). Of course, not every match is between two equal teams.

Obviously, 4 of the 7 base ships aren't playable if nobody wants to have one of them in the lineup. Let's just tweak the wb, jav, lev, weasel and lanc to the same settings as the spider, that way we can have a lineup using all the 8 ships!
                  6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                  3 league vet

Comment

new league?

Well, there's a lot of players who don't want it to change.

Maybe we need a seperate league (when we are waiting for the next twl to start) which has a 2 or 3 spider limit.

This league's teams do not have to follow the squad rules of twl. Like you can be on a twl squad and be on a diff squad for new league. (focus on fun here)

Smaller season, like 8 weeks. But everyone makes playoffs, reg season determines ladder placement. And run it like a double elim ladder.

Now that would be FU-N

FUN.
                    I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Comment

good idea, players who like to use less strategies and are content with most of their game focus on breaking/defending one similar spot in the entrance to base can keep playing that league. Then players who accept change and have an open mind to being able to use a variety of many other tactics to counter other other tactics to win the game or turn the tide w/e can play in this second league.

Each group would respect its own and keep to their mindset so everyone would in essence be satisfied. Leagues should be bot automated at some point imo too, so it wouldnt be too much time consuming for the staff members if they dont currently have all that much free time or w/e.

for some reason tho theres always ppl who will get pissed at you for trying to play smart, even sometimes when your team is winning, not sure how these people would stand on the idea of having to expand that narrow horizon further by even maybe a little bit on a widerscale
                      TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
                      TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
                      TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
                      ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by JacKieChan>
                        Well, there's a lot of players who don't want it to change.

Maybe we need a seperate league (when we are waiting for the next twl to start) which has a 2 or 3 spider limit.

This league's teams do not have to follow the squad rules of twl. Like you can be on a twl squad and be on a diff squad for new league. (focus on fun here)

Smaller season, like 8 weeks. But everyone makes playoffs, reg season determines ladder placement. And run it like a double elim ladder.

Now that would be FU-N

FUN.
                        This has already been suggested like every single year. No one is willing to run it, and keep it up to date. Sure we get people who say "I will run it and help make bots and stuff!" But they realize that it is a shitty idea and wont work out as well as TWL. TWLB is just fine as it is. Jackie, I don't see your squad doing 4spiders 1jav/wb. I always thought when playing a TWLB, or a TWL game for that matter was to win, not to make it more entertaining for the spectators. It's just like hockey, they want to make the nets bigger. It's a good thing for the fans, but not for the players.
                        the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Around a quarter to a third of all the non-TWL leagues have succeeded. Doing such a large scale thing would pretty much require a workgroup the size of TWL Staff. Not to mention that the attention of everybody would still be on TWL, not this TWWBL (Trench Wars Weird Basing League).

Hero is right, TWL is supposed to be about the players, not the spectators. If the players are gone, so will the spectators be. (Even more so because the spectators more often than not ARE players)
                          6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                          3 league vet

Comment

imo its boring to play 5vs5 spiders .. and also it's boring to watch it..
                            Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                            Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                            Server> dont worry mirror
                            Server> shark fits your tits
                            Peace <ZH>> shut up
                            Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                            Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                            1:Hercules> im level 90
                            1:Hercules> in 9d
                            1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                            1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

im drunk.
                              fuck english
                              yo estoy boraxo y quiero fumar un bolo a mi cabeza pero los 5 spiders es muy abburido, y no me impuerta que no sea bueno a shark pero yo quiero ser el mejor. ALGUNO TIENE QUE ME CUENTA ALGO EN ESPANYOL
                              GET CRUNK VATO
                              What maneuver could possibly be smoover?

Comment

The next level?

I do like the idea of adding another league for changement and to add something new and inventive, I dont think settings need to be changed for this since we are all very used to them, I have made a map which could be very interesting for this new inventive league. It would remain cramming like we are used to and tryed to make perfect, but it would go to different level.

Under those blue tiles there is a door, it would require a bot which makes players warp to the excact other side after touching it. the blue tiles are there so there can be no mining. This map is still mainly cramming but would take it to a whole different level, for this map it would be best if there are as many shipchanges allowed as wanted.

I understand it would be very much work to set up another new league like this, probably too much, I do like this idea allot and think it could be a succes and add something new very interesting. I would be wanting to help out on setting this up in case the upper staff is concidering this.
                                Last edited by Sumpson; 05-08-2005, 11:05 AM.
                                Only the loyal count.

Comment

Working...
                                X