TWLB squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLB squads

I was checking the TWD ladders and found that there's only 10 active basing squads. I just wonder what happened to all the competition in TWBD? If things keep going as they are there will only be 10 squads in TWLB.

Ey there,
    Only reason why there isn't as much competition is the fact that school is in session. People that have work and school are finding it hard to find time. I put in a couple hours for early classes in the morning, then I have soccer for 3 hours then go to work for a couple hours. Everyones schedule is a bit hectic, maybe it's just me? Thats the reason for pirates anyways, I cant find the time to recruit a basing section.
    I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

Only 10? my oh my...
      -Kawrae

Comment

its not only that.. but lets pay a tribute to the squads that have dissolved..

Unionville

Mambo

Dudgeon

Incuria

Dice

ReJeCtEd BaSeRs

Pallies

with them we had 16 squads + the new ones now >

Comment

dice and pallies dissolved a long time ago, we also had squads like rv and cami form, so it's not like we're losing 10 and gaining none.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

well, think about it. last season we had 16+ squads to play TWL. now we have like 10... so even with the new squads that we have now some went inactive for school AND more than most dissolved

Comment

God is telling all you god damn basers to start dding like the rest of the world!
              -Bubbles
              Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
              Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Sorry, we're content with not having an ego the size of Russia.

When I get back from this bullshit ban I'm going to try to make something happen.
                Originally posted by Tone
                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                Originally posted by the_paul
                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                Originally posted by Material Girl
                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

NO i'll tell u what the problem is. The problem is we dont have a TWD roster limit. Look at some of these squads and the # of ppl they have.

Spastic - 45 Jesus guys common. Your a 1 league squad why do u have 45 players on ur roster? Sure some are inactive and thats fine but i dont see how a 1 league squad needs more then about 20-25 players on thier roster. Your roster could make 2 competative basing squads.

Anti-Scrub - 49 (Same as spastic) Jesus why do you guys keep recruiting?

Hillpeace - 35 Not as bad as the ones above but still 35 ppl for 1 league? I dont see the point.

Between these 3 squads (yes only 3) there is a total of 129 players and yet only 24 can play each week. Thats Crazy. You could make an extra 2-3 squads just by limitin some rosters. Sure some have inactives on the roster i understand that, but i dont see there being 30 inactive ppl outa the 3 squads.

Then you got those 3 league squads who sorta have a reason for havin a bigger roster but 45 ppl? Pfft no squad needs 45 ppl. Both diso and sk8 have close to 45 ppl on there rosters.

SO if u want some more active/competative basing squads then make the top squads cut tehre rosters down. Make them slow down on recruiting anyone who shows a little talent. Let the talent be spread.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

It seems that all the basing squads seem particularly saturated right now. I guess I'm curious as to the rational behind not having squad roster limits?
                    3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

see..the thing is..we dont kick inactives off our roster
                      i count 15-16..
                      >^________^<!

Comment

I cannot believe it: I actually agree with Cig Smoke.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I was gonna post something about having a roster cap, but to squads that do more than league, there is a very fine line on what is an appropriate number and what is not. Spastic will have to disagree that they are formidable in javs and are working on their warbird line, for instance.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacklyn
                            see..the thing is..we dont kick inactives off our roster
                            i count 15-16..
                            Well then kick them off? What does it hurt? IF they are so inactive that they dont make a difference in game then what does it hurt to take them off the roster? Plus even with those 15 off ur roster jacklyn u still have 34 ppl. Thats still high for a 1 league squad, and you guys are always recruiting. Its common sence, there is only a certain amount of competative basing players, if u want more squads then limit the # of players a squad can have. You wont get 12-14 basing squads with rosters of 35-50 players.

Fit: SWEEEEEET! I think i braught this up b4 last season as well but no one seemed to care since we had a few more squads then.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                              I was gonna post something about having a roster cap, but to squads that do more than league, there is a very fine line on what is an appropriate number and what is not. Spastic will have to disagree that they are formidable in javs and are working on their warbird line, for instance.
                              Ya i noticed that as well but its still amazing for any squad (even a 3 league squad) to have over 40 ppl on there rosters. I believe the TWL roster limit is 30? 35? So they are still over that.

I dont know how u could limit it by saying "ur a 1 league squad u can only have 20" and whatnot i dont think u could do that on TWD since even basing squads play TWJD sometimes. But i dont see what it would hurt having the same roster limit as TWL has and put that on TWD.
                              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                              X