TWL Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Rules

The updated TWL Rules has now being uploaded. Visit http://twl.trenchwars.org/index.php?...twl&page=rules for it. It is strongly encouraged that ALL participating players, especially CAPTAINS to read and understand these rules. A 'sorry but i didnt know the rule' will not be an acceptable excuse when something happens.

I will post a few key rules here so if you get confused reading the official rules, you can refer here:

TWL Rules for Dummies

Spamming
    Excessive spamming during the starting and ending of a TWL game will result an instant ONE day ban from TrenchWars.

Cheaters

- During ANY TWL game, all players must obey the attending game referee and TWL operators.

- When a player is caught cheating, he/she is banned from TWL for the entire season. The matches he/she played in the week he/she was caught will become a forfeit.

- When a captain is caught cheating, he/she is banned from TWL for the entire season. All matches he/she played in the week he/she was caught will become a forfeit. The squad will be immediately removed from TWL.

Replay Games

- If server/bot crashes during a game, 2 scenarios:
    1) If the server/bot crashes within the 30mins of the starting time (IE 3pm est), host will get another bot and restart the game immediately.
    2) If the server/bot crashes after the 30min mark, the game can be restarted if time allows and both captain agrees, if not, the game will be played in the replay week.

- When replaying a cancelled game, the squad must have the same number of players and type of ships that they had during the cancelled game. Example, if A-S had only 7 players with a lineup that included a jav during the cancelled game, at replay game, A-S MUST have only 7 players with a jav in the lineup.

- In a postponed/replay games, players who were not originally eligible will be not eligible for this game. Example, A-S' week 4 twlb game was postponed to the replay week, playerA joined A-S after week4, playerA will not be eligible to play in that replay game.

- All TWL Squads must have a minium of 10 and a maximum of 35 TWL rostered players.

- There is a Standard Waiting Period rule. Any player joining a twl squad will subject to an one round cool down period after being accepted onto the roster. What this mean is that the player will not be able/allowed to play in the TWL week he joined the squad. Example, if a player joined the squad during week 4 (Monday thru Sunday), he will not be able to play in any of the week 4 games.

Soft Lock and Hard Lock:

- All TWL squad roster will experience a soft lock at the beginning of week 4 matches. This means that any players that de-roster from a Trench Wars League Squad will no longer be eligible to join another League Squad for the remainder of the season.

- All TWL squad roster will experience a hard lock at the beginning of week 6 matches. This means that no roster additions or substitutions will be allowed after that point.

So basically, after the soft lock, there will be no squad hopping for players who were rostered on a TWL squad. Those who are not on a TWL squad will not be affected by this lock. Also, changing alias and then hop will not be tolerated. Once caught, you are banned from TWL. As for hard lock, it really means that there will be no squad hopping at all for any players in trenchwars.
    If a player was accidently de-rostered, you must send an email to the TWL operators within 24 hours.

Appeals

- If a squad feels that such factors as game referee decisions, staff involvement, server or router error, cheating, or other instances have affected the outcome and fairness of a game, that Squad has the right to appeal to the League Operator.

- An appeal must be done with 24 hours of the completion of the game in question. No appeals will be accepted after the 24 hour mark. Appeals are to be sent to twleauges@gmail.com, those sent to any other locations will not be accepted.

- TWL Ops will answer all appeals ASAP, and all decisions by the Ops are final. you can not appeal the final decisions.

Scheduling

- A total of 10 time slots are available for each week. 5 (1pm to 5pm EST) per Saturday and Sunday. There will be 5 available match slots per time slot. And only 3 games of ONE league division will be allowed in one time slot.

- Squad captains may negotiate the match time. If no agreed time was chosen at the end of negotiation period (Monday 12am EST to Thursday 6pm EST), then the TWL Ops will assign the match time, with a few things in mind:
    1) if one squad fails to propose any match times, the other squad's proposed time will be accepted.
    2) if the 2nd captain fails to propose a match time after 48 hours of the initial propose by the other squad, the other squad's proposed time will be accepted.
    3) if both squads agreed to a time slot AFTER the deadline, they may petition the TWL Ops to alter the assigned match time. But there is no guarantee that the time slot requested will be granted.

Game Rules

- If a squad fails to show up for their schedules match, the squad will automatically forfeit the match. If a squad forfeits TWO matches in one division, the squad will be dropped from that TWL division. The replacement squad will be the top NON-TWL squad on the corresponding TWD ladder, and will have a total points of 0 to start with.

- During regular season, all matches will be single round.

- During line submission, if a squad does not have enough eligible players present, the squad may request an additional 2 minutes. Once those 2 minutes are up, no additional time will be allowed.

- Players can still be added within the 2 minutes of the start of the game. Once those 2 minutes are up, no players can be added.

TWLD/TWLJ

- A minimum of 4 and a maximum of 5 eligible players per squad are required to start the match.

- There are 2 substitutions allowed per squad. Each player will have a max of 3 lagouts per game. If a player does not return after 3 mins of his/her lagout, the slot will be assigned 10 deaths.

- If a game ends in forfeit, the winning team will have a score of 50-0 while the loser team will have a score of 0-50.

TWLB

- A minimum of 6 and a maximum of 8 eligible players per squad are required to start the match.

- There will be a total of 2 ship changes, 3 substitions and 3 ship switches allowed per squad per game.

- A squad can only use a maxium of 1 Terr and 2 Sharks. No Levs and cloakers are allowed.

- All players in the LB match will have no limit of the number of lagouts. However, there is a time delay per lagout. Once a player lags out, he/she will not be able return to the game for a period of 15 seconds.

- If the game results in a forfeit, the winning team will have a score of 15:00 - 0:00 and the losing team will have a score of 0:00 - 15:00.

PlayOffs

- In case of a tie for the playoff spots, Head to Head will be in effect.

- If 2 teams are tied, the squad that won the regular season meeting between the 2 squads will advance to the playoffs.

- If it's a 3-way head to head tie (IE, A beat B, B beat C, C beat A), a 2-round mini tourny will be held. The squad with a better +/- in the regular season will bypass the first round. The remaining 2 squads will play 1 game. Winner takes on the top +/- squad. Winner of the tourny will advance to playoffs. And if there 2 playoff spot remaining, the runner-up squad will also advance.

-Playoff rules may subjected to change during the regular season, we will keep you updated if there are any rule changes/updates.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the TWL Operators.

btw, we are all humans. so please excuse any grammar/spelling errors in the rules.
    Last edited by Nethila; 04-15-2006, 07:01 PM.
    1 + 1 = 1

TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
    TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

Didnt read it all but nice rules for where I read to. Good job Neth.
      3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
      3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
      3:i.d.> da fk is that?
      3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
      3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
      3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
      3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
      3:Shadowmere> LOL
      3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
      Shadowmere> Rofl
      Up in ya !> With his feet
      Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
      Up in ya !> l44t feet
      Deft> l44t f44t*
      Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
      Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

The rule 5.05 is either missing or there is a typing error.

But anyway, I see that the rule 5.04 has not changed at all (which was rule 5.05 in the previous season). The reason why I take this up is because there was a somewhat heated argument going on about this last season. Mainly because the rule was interpreted in two different ways during the season. I think that the rule should be clarified a bit so that nothing is unclear about it. Thus we would not have to argue about it again, if everything does not go smoothly.
        Last edited by Darkmoor; 04-14-2006, 04:42 PM.

Comment

what is lag limit?
          TWLD 2016 Champion
          TWDTD champion x 3
          Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

In the past, the winning team always received a forfit score of 50-25 or something like that while the loser got 0-50. Any reason for changing this or is it a typo?
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Survivor
              what is lag limit?

bingo

I'm dieing to find out
              TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
              TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

Staff didn't tell lag limits last season or in TWD so I don't see them telling limits now.
                megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                L K> taught u what?
                megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Lag Limits should be tough IMO - ranging around 200ms + 0.5% ploss

Comment

lag limits dont really need to be posted. hopefully the ploss limit is around 1% and the ping limit is 300 or so..putting a low ping limit will really just not let some people play. Of course, most of us would rather not have eating newbies in league but they cant really help what part of the world theyre from
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

The spamming rule is fucking stupid.
                      DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                        The spamming rule is fucking stupid.
                        agreed
                        Syndicate - 2 time TWL-D/TWL-J Champions
                        Thunder - Season 11 TWL-J Champions
                        Amputate - TWEL-J Champion

Comment

Why are playoff rules subject to change anytime during the season? You should lock in these things before they start to keep your credibility
                          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                            In the past, the winning team always received a forfit score of 50-25 or something like that while the loser got 0-50. Any reason for changing this or is it a typo?
                            Agreed. As much as people thought giving +25 for a forfeit loss was unfair giving +50 is going to cause a LOT of commotion.
                            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                              Agreed. As much as people thought giving +25 for a forfeit loss was unfair giving +50 is going to cause a LOT of commotion.
                              But didn't the squad with better +/- get into playoffs before if the squads were tied? Now that's not the case so it doesn't matter?
                              megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                              L K> taught u what?
                              megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                              9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                              9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Working...
                              X