New ideas on how TWL should be run this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ideas on how TWL should be run this season

Ok, firstly some of these ideas are not original; so if ive stolen your idea I apologise. My aim is to try and correct the imperfections in the current system. Not every point will correspond precisely to the wants of different players, but I aim to compromise for a better system.

1) Create 1 group of 16(or 12): The two tier system currently imposed allows some squads to enter the playoff stages when they have performed less well than some squads who have not made it. I know there are inter-tier matches, but it doesn't solve the problem wholly. I don't see the harm in having one group of 16 and the top 8 go through, surely this is fairer. I do accept that the pre-playoff round would be twice as long, my resolution of which is below.

2) Increase # of TWL matches per-week: Squads currently play 3 TWL matches MAX per week, surely squads could increase this amount, even 3-League squads. By playing MORE matches we are able to assertain a more accurate understanding of how good squads are eliminating this unfair current system I spoke of above.

3) Better Date/Time system: I think all qualifying squads should give the TWL co-ordinators their ideal times for the whole week at the start of the season, with a chance to change at the playoff mark. By this, the co-ordinators can then allocate a compromised specific time for both squads involved. This will eliminate squads who feel hard done by when they get a time that doesn't suit them (because it will be the same sacrifice for everyone). However it may mean TWL co-ordinators need to a) be relied on and b) do some useful work, so by that I'm not sure how effective this suggestion is.

4) Introduce TWSL: This was talked about last season and I think unless it's happening this season we should forget it. TWL staff should announce this quickly to try and attract greater attention, I know some basing squads would appreciate this. Either way, could be fun?

5) Limit the amount of squads elegible to qualify: This will make TWL more 'exclusive' and actually make the battle of qualifying more heated. Any squad with a small amount of talent in a specific league qualifies, it's absurd really. I think a sensible reduction would be to 12.

Thankyou for reading my ideas, some are a little extreme. I look forward to reading the responses.

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
    4) Introduce TWSL: This was talked about last season and I think unless it's happening this season we should forget it. TWL staff should announce this quickly to try and attract greater attention, I know some basing squads would appreciate this. Either way, could be fun?
    I'd love to see this done, but first they need to fix the map and take out random damage. I saw a smaller prototype map some time ago, and I really liked it, but I can't recall where it was, maybe someone in dev would know.

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
    5) Limit the amount of squads elegible to qualify: This will make TWL more 'exclusive' and actually make the battle of qualifying more heated. Any squad with a small amount of talent in a specific league qualifies, it's absurd really. I think a sensible reduction would be to 12.
    I think this has been discussed and was well received and I wouldn't be surprised if you were looking at a 12 squad lb league this year.
    afksry

Comment

Squad Home Maps Back

its cool if someone is in charge of making sure the tiles are not bright colors

Reference:

http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/sho...ght=squad+maps

I say if we just follow those rules mentioned by PL we can make it happen with the coporation from squads. (Better Hurry, season starts in Feb)
      Last edited by mikes.; 01-15-2007, 01:16 AM.

Comment

^^ Keep em coming

Comment

Working...
        X