No announcement yet.

Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never had a problem with the rules, I just didn't think the Brits were going to compete. Hadn't seen any of them around for a while.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I always thought TWL was a competition for the best squads in TW, whats the point in having a league which selects its competators yet bases it on history rather than actual talent. By disallowing great new squads to compete you are effectivly pushing them in the direction of dissolving. If you don't give new squads a fair chance how do u expect them to grow to be the great squads to tomorrow. Fair enuf i respect squads like British squad and Paladen and such but to be honest despite their name they are not as good as a lot of the new squads. My squad is in a position by which we will make TWL anyway so this isn't just some newbish plee to get in TWL.

I knwo its too late to change this and i doubt it would be chnaged anyway, however it doesn't make sense to carry poor old squads for a ride on the grounds of sentiment.

My 2 cents
      Tigerex

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
        The rules have been posted (on another thread in this same forum) for a while now. If you have a problem with the rules, perhaps you should let us know in that thread.

-Epi
        my "ahahaha" was in reference to this season being "black and white". There's always things you miss, nothing ever goes perfectly.
        Last edited by wadi; 02-27-2003, 06:59 AM.

Comment

it would be funny if in pro sports they took the same teams to league every time even though the teams sucked and didnt even care that much. yeah, i see some dissolving of good strong squads if they dont make league, even though the ones that do make it are in a pretty decadent state anyway.
          Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
          apt>yes u can wtf
          apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
          apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
          apt>so i dont miss the toilet
          Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
          apt>na
          apt>ill show you pictures
          apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

i predict 25% of the squads involved in TWL will disband, reform, or disappear.
            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
              it would be funny if in pro sports they took the same teams to league every time even though the teams sucked and didnt even care that much. yeah, i see some dissolving of good strong squads if they dont make league, even though the ones that do make it are in a pretty decadent state anyway.
              Yeah it's called the Los Angeles Clippers.

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerex
                I always thought TWL was a competition for the best squads in TW, whats the point in having a league which selects its competators yet bases it on history rather than actual talent. By disallowing great new squads to compete you are effectivly pushing them in the direction of dissolving. If you don't give new squads a fair chance how do u expect them to grow to be the great squads to tomorrow. Fair enuf i respect squads like British squad and Paladen and such but to be honest despite their name they are not as good as a lot of the new squads. My squad is in a position by which we will make TWL anyway so this isn't just some newbish plee to get in TWL.

I knwo its too late to change this and i doubt it would be chnaged anyway, however it doesn't make sense to carry poor old squads for a ride on the grounds of sentiment.

My 2 cents
                I disagree completely. What's the fun in watching, like, Value duel, like, Rival? "I hope that random alias with no personality and hardly any grammar skills kills that other random alias with no personality and hardly any grammar skills!" I think squads like Paladen that actually have structure and leadership involved somewhere in the squad deserve to be in leagues a lot more than squads that try to be Wildfire v. 17343 and go by some retarded noun name that doesn't even imply that they're a good squad. Value? "Hey, this toilet paper is so rough that it's causing weird abrasions on my asshole, but I'm sure it's really cheap, and therefore a good VALUE to the toilet paper buyers at Tulane University. Hey. I just thought of a good name for a Subspace squad."

The point is, if you let a bunch of squads like that in, too many of them are just going to dissolve. The instant Value starts losing in leagues, one or two of their best players will leave to Shriek, Rampage, or Elu, and then none of the other players will want to stay, they'll all start looking for new squads, the leader will start recruiting people that suck to try to make up for the people that left, which will make everyone want to leave the squad even more, and it'll all go to shit. And then Shriek will dissolve again. If all the squads in leagues were squads like that, by the end of each season, the only squads that would exist would be the champions of each league. These squads would contain every single Subspace player in the leagues.

PS: Oh, wait. Rival is dead?

Comment

bullshit

Umm....give me a reason why Value playpers would leave for other squads again....we were together in Task/Drastic/Divine/Value....noone "GOOD" ever left for anther squad...thats structure....whats the point of having GOOD STRUCTURE like paladen and be ranked last in twdd, twjd and twbd...???

Comment

Re: bullshit

Originally posted by Squadless
                    Umm....give me a reason why Value playpers would leave for other squads again....we were together in Task/Drastic/Divine/Value....noone "GOOD" ever left for anther squad...thats structure....whats the point of having GOOD STRUCTURE like paladen and be ranked last in twdd, twjd and twbd...???
                    Pick a name and stick to it, sparky.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Re: bullshit

Originally posted by Squadless
                      we were together in Task/Drastic/Divine/Value....noone "GOOD" ever left for anther squad...
                      So, your squad just changed names four times? And you decided that the best possible name was "Value"? I thought we already went over this, with the hypothetical toilet-paper statement. Obviously, you and I just don't see eye-to-eye.

... but it is pretty funny that you put the word "good" in quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blast
                        "I hope that random alias with no personality and hardly any grammar skills kills that other random alias with no personality and hardly any grammar skills!"
                        Suggestion to TWL staff: ban all random aliases with no personality and hardly any grammar skills from the leagues!
                        'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                        sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

That would be sweet.

Comment

To Everyone Who's Bitching About Established Squads Being In TWL:

Am I amongst the notable intelligent few reading this thread? Jesus, if you're really worried about Brit Squad having a slot in TWL, just wait a few weeks. If they have a few no-shows, poof! They're out of TWL. Just like in the old system. That spot gets replaced by Delectable's 543rd squad, whatever it's called now, or whatever. It's not like you're being locked out of TWL forever. Take your Xanax, grab a good periodical, go to the toilet, squeeze out a steamy three-footer, and RELAX, dammit. Epi and Push aren't dumb, for the love of christ.
                            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                              To Everyone Who's Bitching About Established Squads Being In TWL:

Am I amongst the notable intelligent few reading this thread? Jesus, if you're really worried about Brit Squad having a slot in TWL, just wait a few weeks. If they have a few no-shows, poof! They're out of TWL. Just like in the old system. That spot gets replaced by Delectable's 543rd squad, whatever it's called now, or whatever. It's not like you're being locked out of TWL forever. Take your Xanax, grab a good periodical, go to the toilet, squeeze out a steamy three-footer, and RELAX, dammit. Epi and Push aren't dumb, for the love of christ.
                              agreed. gg
                              The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

Concrete...

Concrete....If you say that you're one of the normal people reading and replying to this thread, then you should get your facts straight...u said Delectables's squad??? delectable was never on value is 1.....and 2nd it was always my squad...so know things before u say them.

Comment

Working...
                                X