Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since everyone is talking about Farm Squads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since everyone is talking about Farm Squads...

And everyone is worried about training newbies how to play so they can get good, get into leagues, keep twl and tw alive, etc etc...

why not make a system like premier league has?

make an amateur league, an intermediate, and pro league???

twdd isnt really a league cuz theres no winner, no point in even ranking high xcept to get into twl on like...the 50th reset, so the other 49 resets who cares about winning basically... thats a retarded way of doing it if u you ask me
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Good idea cept it was posted by you! HAHA j/k, but yea that could be cool you make a system to where you gotta work your squad up from like minors to the majors twdd then to qualify for twl.. But if you know the squad isnt newb you dont have to qualify for Major twdd cause thatd be just dumb :P
    [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

uhh i like this idea alot

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
      1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
      1:Freeze> LOL FAR
      ---
      5:waven> freeze
      5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
      5:waven> you state your business with sanji
      5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
      5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
      5:waven> and i will talk to ease
      5:Freeze> LOL
      5:waven> that's how things work around here
      --
      1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

This has been tried before. The reason it wont work is because newbies don't know about squad structure and stuff. They have to be taught. I think there twas TWLIB (twl intermediate base) and it did work for a few weeks but then fizzled out. This could only be done if we cut the squads allowed into twl in like half. And if then I don't know if it would work because people would be pissed that they weren't in the legit twl.
        4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
        4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
        4:Geio> DEEZ?
        4:Geio> LOLOL
        4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
        4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
        4:spirit> LOL
        4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
        4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
          This has been tried before. The reason it wont work is because newbies don't know about squad structure and stuff. They have to be taught. I think there twas TWLIB (twl intermediate base) and it did work for a few weeks but then fizzled out. This could only be done if we cut the squads allowed into twl in like half. And if then I don't know if it would work because people would be pissed that they weren't in the legit twl.
          twib fizzled out because it interfered with twl

go figure
          Originally posted by paradise!
          pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
          1:Reaver> HALP
          1:Reaver> HELELP
          1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
          1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

This could only be done if we cut the squads allowed into twl in like half.
            Don't we need to do this anyways to avoid the Puma's, Paladen's, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
              Don't we need to do this anyways to avoid the Puma's, Paladen's, etc.?
              LOLOL!
              TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
              TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

well, my point is we need to do something, and yes why not cut the squads allowed in twl in half? that was already discussed for next season anyway... and if they get pissed they dont get into legit twl, well who cares? if gladius illa or gianttiger or w/e squads have a league to play in themselves, an amateur league, wouldnt that be good for them? It would help them become part of the league community, but not in a league where they would get destroyed every game and get disgruntled... they would have a fair chance... and if they won they could move up to intermediate or pro league... im just saying I think its a viable option that should be looked over dont you think?
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                  well, my point is we need to do something, and yes why not cut the squads allowed in twl in half? that was already discussed for next season anyway... and if they get pissed they dont get into legit twl, well who cares? if gladius illa or gianttiger or w/e squads have a league to play in themselves, an amateur league, wouldnt that be good for them? It would help them become part of the league community, but not in a league where they would get destroyed every game and get disgruntled... they would have a fair chance... and if they won they could move up to intermediate or pro league... im just saying I think its a viable option that should be looked over dont you think?
                  I'm all for it if those squads would actually play the league and it would work out.
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                  4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                  4:Geio> DEEZ?
                  4:Geio> LOLOL
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                  4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                  4:spirit> LOL
                  4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                  4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

I'm all for it if those squads would actually play the league and it would work out.
                    I agree with scoop.

But the question is,
                    Is there enough squads for that?
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                      I agree with scoop.

But the question is,
                      Is there enough squads for that?
                      lol.. enough squads? i dont rly feel like counting but it is probably more than 50 squads, and, you can always look on the ladder how many squads that play, yes we need more active squads, and it would coem more if we would cut the roster limit down to 25. in twbd im 100% sure there isnt enough squads but in dd and jd it would be possible
                      https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                      1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                      1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                      1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                      1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                      1:soild>they can say what they like
                      1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                      1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

I really do like this idea, have 3 leagues of 8 squads for dd (ld) atleast as there are less basing squads. Have an amateur league, premier league etc etc and at the end of every season the top team from each league gets promoted and the bottom team from each league gets demoted. The winner of the top league is obviously, tw champions. The only problem is, how do we keep squads from pulling out? Make sure squads cant dissolve or pick the squads for the leagues more sensibly by leaving out the hopper squads like lifeban etc. This idea could also implement what I said in another post about having a transfer window in either weeks 6-8 to promote activity in squads throughout the season so they cant complain about lack of members.
                        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

In theory, this sounds like a system which could work and bring much more competition to the zone as a whole. It would provide a goal for the lower tier squads to shoot for - to move up in league. It would provide more even competition between squads, and therefore spur more interest in playing in these games.

This would take a massive amount of work to accomplish. An entirely new system would have to be devised and tested. Not to mention, the arguments concerning the new system will be endless, making the process unpleasant.

Given the right leaders to put this into the works and accomplish it, there's a chance it could be successful. In my opinion, it will not work because TW does not have any one or combination of staff members who are capable of making this happen successfully.
                          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10
                          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                            In theory, this sounds like a system which could work and bring much more competition to the zone as a whole. It would provide a goal for the lower tier squads to shoot for - to move up in league. It would provide more even competition between squads, and therefore spur more interest in playing in these games.

This would take a massive amount of work to accomplish. An entirely new system would have to be devised and tested. Not to mention, the arguments concerning the new system will be endless, making the process unpleasant.

Given the right leaders to put this into the works and accomplish it, there's a chance it could be successful. In my opinion, it will not work because TW does not have any one or combination of staff members who are capable of making this happen successfully.
                            i also dont think we could get enough squads of certain tiers get it done. i think youd probably have a max of 4 in the top tier (based on current squads and skill levels). then about 6 to 8 in the middle. then whatever at the bottom. i dont think that we can field enough good squads to make this work well.

only way this would work is if we had a bunch of smaller squads that didnt differ by a whole lot in skill from one to another.
                            ideally, youd want the top tier to be filled with powerhouses like yesteryears siege and elusive. as well as have enough of them to form a solid 8 squad league. then go to the lower tier that features your above average squads that would need some real breakout performances to knock out one of the upper tier squads. grab 8 of those too and that would be good.

all in all itd be neat, but we just dont have enough people. i see why alot of people dont want a low cap on their roster and thats fine. we just cant do a system such as this without keeping low caps and forcing people to either be active or not be on a top tier squad.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

so your saying theres not enough squads to keep it active, i disagree but that depends on how you structure the league

if you remove an intermediate and keep the pro league and the amateur leagues then you have your normal twl and then you have squads like gladius illa, ossify, gianttiger etc that could play in their own league and get better

the reason why you need the intermediate league is for those squads like puma, paladen, wingmasters etc that arnt necessarily bad squads or amateurs, but arnt the top quality in skill level either

i think you can field 8 top tier twl squads, 8 intermediate, and a bunch of amateur squads into the mix

just look at the twdd ladder, the first 16 are fairly decent squads, but you can pull 8 pro type squads out of the mix and put 8 others in an intermediate league... then the whole bottem half could be an amateur league
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                              X