twlb week 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twlb week 11

in week 11 there were six teams at 5-4. although i was hoping the playoff picture would be a lot clearer, it's still pretty muddled up. now we've got three teams at 6-4 (spastic, disoblige, plade) and three teams at 5-5 (thunder, sage, mambo). there are three teams who've locked up a playoff spot (assuming dice beats teks this weekend). and then there are still those six squads vying for that last spot.

let's look at the matchups that matter this week:
    spastic vs style
    disoblige vs penetrate
    mambo vs plade
    sage vs thunder

with how spastic's been playing in the second half of their season, and the dissapointment that style's season has consisted of, i'd say it's pretty sure to say that spastic'll beat style next week barring any big fuck-ups. that puts 'em at 7-4 and since they've beaten both disoblige and plade (the only two squads who could tie spastic's record of 7-4) in the regular season, they've clinched fourth.

penetrate's clinched a playoff birth, although their latter half of the season hasn't looked quite as good as their start, due to the easy schedule at the beginning and a finish full of competitors. the same can kind of be said about disoblige, who came out with a bang and handed pandora their only loss this season, but has fizzled out somewhat after that. i think part of this can be credited to hopone fucking with some of their players' lag, which is too bad considering they were bringing something different to the table. although this might be a fun match to watch, i think diso'll come out victorious in the end. with a record of 7-4 they'll have clinched a playoff birth.

plade's been hot as of late. they're 6-4 and looking to sweep the complete second half of their schedule with a six game winning streak. mambo's season is looking a lot like their last one except they still have a shot at playoffs going into the last week. maybe they'll be able to pull through. i think this should be one of the better games this weekend, not just because a relative close match-up of skill, but this game decides whether or not plade makes a clean entry into the playoffs. if they win, they're in. if they lose (by anything more than 11 seconds), then they're kaput. personally i think mambo will pull through on this one if the proper spiders show up.

sage surprised me early on with the win against spastic, but past that their season hasn't been too impressive. thunder has also had their fair share of disappointments but the main reason for that is because their top line usually doesn't take the time to show up. i suppose the same could be said about sage's top line, but if both of these squads bring their a-game i can only see this match going one way. and that's a thunder victory.

so that leaves spastic in 4th and disoblige in 5th and thunder, mambo, and plade tied up at 6-5. hypothetically speaking, mambo beats plade, plade beat thunder, and thunder beat mambo. so it'll all come down to the time differential and thunder already has a four minute head start on those two guys. i'm rooting for mambo to trash plade and sage to force a close game with thunder, but it'll probably be thunder who snags the last playoff spot.

it should be an alright weekend to cap off a mediocre season. are we even having an all-star game?
    Originally posted by turmio
    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
    Originally posted by grand
    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Nice overview. Sadly I wont be able to help Plade vs mambo, but I trust that with our strong line-up and some luck, we can take Mambo and play the Play-Off.
    If not, I don't think my squad should be downhearted, was a good season overall.

Comment

Good read, Jeenyuss.

TWL Season 11 for me has been a disappointments for me (obviously one reason is juice's dropout), but playoffs around the corner, and it looks like one tough competition.

DicE vs TeKs 15:00 - 3:42
      Dice wins.

Spastic Vs Style 15:00-9:30
      As you said, the way Style has been playing lately, I don't see them beating Spastic. As individuals they have experience, but as a squadron, I don't think they have that much of an experience together (possibly maybe) even though alot of members come from Syndicate. Spastic's sharks, and spiders (if they work together) can pull this one off.

Pandora vs Kiwanis 15:00 - 7:24
      This one would have been a completely matchup if juicE didn't dissolved/dropout, but now Pandora is facing Kiwanis. Kiwanis is filled with new fresh blood, some making their TWL debut, I would be surprised if somehow they can pull this one off, but I doubt it. I would say this is just a practice season for Kiwanis, until next season they play a full season. Right now its just practice for Kiwanis members ,and that what Kiwanis should be focusing on is practicing as working together as a team. Pandora's line might be too much for Kiwanis to handle, but if the right line shows, I'm sure Kiwanis will just do fine for them. Kiwanis next season should be a decent squadron, if they stay this long, good luck Kiwanis.

Mambo vs Plade 15:00-11:20
      I have been actually surprised with Plade last week dominating the matchup last week, I thought it was going to be a close game. Mambo has been doing much better than last season, and have a solid rec of 5-5. If the right lineup shows up for Mambo, I think they have no problem winning. It can be the same thing for Plade, but whereas dreamwin have been inactive, I dont see their terr coming though if he does show, and is fully prepared, I think they might be able to pull it off and knock Mambo over, if not, then Mambo will win.

Disoblige vs Penetrate 15:00 - 13:40
      This is a match up I'm looking forward to. I am very surprised on how far Penetrate really become as a squadron together. They are one of the top 5 pure basing squadrons. Disoblige on the hand has been on a roll, and needs a victory for a playoff spot. With Penetrate already clinching a playoff spot, they might not care for this match, but I believe that they will show their lineup, and it will be a good back to forth FR Battle, cramming matchup between the two squadrons. I'm picking Disoblige the winner here, only because Disoblige is hunger for a playoff spot and is looking to win, while Penetrate is only purpose is just to practice more before the playoffs start. This should be a good match, good luck to both squadrons

Thunder vs Sage 10:20 - 15:00
      Two teams, looking forward to go to the playoffs. One team will lose, the other will advance to the playoffs. This is a tough one, as both teams have the same amount of record. Both have solid basers on their squadron, really an equal match up here. Well, if Sage's spider show, and their terr show I think Thunder might have to do same thing with their lineup. The only thing for Thunder is that they have to show their sharks, because they lost some of their spiders. I'm going with Sage, but it should be a close one.

-tj hazuki
      TWLD Champion 2014
      TWDTB Champion 2013
      TWDTB Champion 2016
      TWDTB Champion 2017
      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

still brainstorming over basing all star options... hopefully something will be posted later this week
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

We'll be missing Spikey. yhyy ='(
          (Paradise)>dj sage
          (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
          1: Dynasty> LOL
          1:vue> LOL
          1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

oh yeah that bastard went to the army..... idiot...
            Originally Posted by Izor
            The best solution for this is to simply not play squads who have people caught cheating

everyone agree that once the staffers catch someone cheating they wont get to play, instead of evading the ban and rejoining that squad on an alias, then cheating again.
            Originally Posted by Wark <ER>
            My thought is, if you even suspect a certain player of cheating, I don't want that sort of attention to my squad, and would probaly blacklist them.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator_Rulez
              BASERGAFS!
              Well put sir. Well put.
              -Bubbles
              Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
              Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

mmmmmmmmm

plade mambo

diso pene

2 sure fun to watch matches

Comment

:wub: Tj
                  JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                  the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Im back from vacation and rdy for some action, beware mambo!
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

:turned:
                      Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                      24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                      1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Go Mambo, Go!

Just remember that u r basing with style!(not Style)
                        2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
                        2:renzi> lol no
                        2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                          Im back from vacation and rdy for some action, beware mambo!
                          Good, cuz if you play - more chances of us winning it

B)

Guess it'll come down to if our people care to show up, anyway gl
                          moomoo.

Trench Wars Staff
                          TWD Op

Comment

gl evil man =)
                            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)