TWL Invitation Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Invitation Change

I have finally finished editing the rules as they are now (they were very unclear or contradicting in some places) and I have started to add updates, revisions, and general changes.

So, probably the biggest change is the TWL Invitation system. We think it will resolve a lot of the issues regarding the cutoff point and which squad is and is not invited to TWL, and also add a bit more excitement to the invitations process.

Please note that the numbers may change based on activity and how many squads are competing to get into TWL. The numbers listed below reflect the general activity and competition level of TWD squads right now.

Comments, constructive criticism, and discussion is welcome.

II. Trench Wars League Structure

In order for a Trench Wars Division (www.twdivisions.org) squad to qualify for TWL consideration, that squad must meet all Trench Wars Leagues requirements as noted in Section V. There will be two rounds of TWL invitations: the Preliminary Round and TWD Cup.

-The preliminary round of TWL invitations will include:
    a)
    The Finalists from the previous season who are guaranteed TWL positions for the division in which they competed. Note: They must have 2 captains return and also meet all eligibility requirements.

b)
    The top 5 ranked squads in each TWJD & TWBD division and the top 7 ranked squads in TWDD; not including the finalists.

-The second round of TWL invitations is the TWD Cup:

TWD Cup will ultimately decide which squad fills the final TWL position in each division. The squads that may participate in TWDC are:
    c)
    The next 6 highest-ranking squads on the TWJD and TWDD ladder, after the top 5 squads have been chosen in part (b).
    d)
    The next 4 highest-ranking squads on the TWBD ladder, after the top 5 squads have been chosen in part (b).

Trench Wars Division Cup is a wildcard tournament for the remaining TWL Invitation in each division.
    a) TWD cup will take place the weekend after the first round of invitations. The qualifying squads for TWDC must confirm their wish to participate in the cup to a TWL Op the Friday before TWDC.
    b) When the squads have confirmed their acceptance, they will be seeded 1st through 8th for TWJD and TWDD and 1st though 4th for TWBD based on their TWD position. The highest seed will play the lowest seed, the second highest seed will play the second lowest seed, and so on. Matches will be played single-elimination style.
    c) After the first round of TWDC is complete, the squads will be reseeded based on their original TWD position, and again the highest seed will play the lowest seed, the second highest seed play the second lowest seed, etc.
    d) Finals in each division are decided by a single match. After each match, the winners will be invited to compete in their respective TWL division as the 8th invited TWL squad.
    Last edited by MirrorriM; 09-17-2008, 12:41 AM. Reason: updated

good call
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

And if the previous season's finalists have dissolved....?
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

If both of the finalists have dissolved, then the 7 highest-ranking squads are invited. The 8th spot will still be for the winner of TWD Cup.

Comment

so how many squads will be chosen overall ldlj/lb?
          my math head cant be used in the morning..
          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

8 per division.

2 finalists
            5 of the highest ranked squads
            1 winner of TWDC

Comment

Nevermindddddddd.

I like it.

And if you invite the top 6/7 squads in place of finalists, the TWDC still uses the 4 or 8 squads after that?
              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

here's what you missed, fit.

eight squads (four in twbd's case) will compete for the final spot, but only one will get that spot.

edit: you dick.
                Originally posted by Tone
                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                Originally posted by the_paul
                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                Originally posted by Material Girl
                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I know. Fuck me. :redfaceol
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
                    Nevermindddddddd.

I like it.

And if you invite the top 6/7 squads in place of finalists, the TWDC still uses the 4 or 8 squads after that?
                    Yep.

Comment

:up:
                      https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                      1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                      1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                      1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                      1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                      1:soild>they can say what they like
                      1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                      1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                        8 per division.

2 finalists
                        5 of the highest ranked squads
                        1 winner of TWDC
                        Great job mirror :wub: Im sure TWL will be more competitive this year.
                        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

i like this, but thunder already qualified for twld and twlj so goodluck everyone else.
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Sounds good, Makes the twld qualifications extra tence, Damn wish I was in a squad that came finalist in both divisions :/...heh..heh, till Underground axes me after me playing a jd. Just a question if Stray Reformed, With the 3 captains Elven, Pascone and Mega Newbie, Would they get auto twld qualification?
                            British> my 18th tomoz $$
                            Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                              I have finally finished editing the rules as they are now (they were very unclear or contradicting in some places) and I have started to add updates, revisions, and general changes.

So, probably the biggest change is the TWL Invitation system. We think it will resolve a lot of the issues regarding the cutoff point and which squad is and is not invited to TWL, and also add a bit more excitement to the invitations process.

Please note that the numbers may change based on activity and how many squads are competing to get into TWL. The numbers listed below reflect the general activity and competition level of TWD squads right now.

Comments, constructive criticism, and discussion is welcome.

II. Trench Wars League Structure

In order for a Trench Wars Division (www.twdivisions.org) squad to qualify for TWL consideration, that squad must meet all Trench Wars Leagues requirements as noted in Section V. There will be two rounds of TWL invitations: the Preliminary Round and TWD Cup.

-The preliminary round of TWL invitations will include:
                              a)
                              The Finalists from the previous season who are guaranteed TWL positions for the division in which they competed.
                              b)
                              The top 5 ranked squads in each TWD division; not including the finalists.

-The second round of TWL invitations is the TWD Cup:

TWD Cup will ultimately decide which squad fills the final TWL position in each division. The squads that may participate in TWDC are:
                              c)
                              The next 8 highest-ranking squads on the TWJD and TWDD ladder, after the top 5 squads have been chosen in part (b).
                              d)
                              The next 4 highest-ranking squads on the TWBD ladder, after the top 5 squads have been chosen in part (b).

Trench Wars Division Cup is a wildcard tournament for the remaining TWL Invitation in each division.
                              a) TWD cup will take place the weekend after the first round of invitations. The qualifying squads for TWDC must confirm their wish to participate in the cup to a TWL Op the Friday before TWDC.
                              b) When the squads have confirmed their acceptance, they will be seeded 1st through 8th for TWJD and TWDD and 1st though 4th for TWBD based on their TWD position. The highest seed will play the lowest seed, the second highest seed will play the second lowest seed, and so on. Matches will be played single-elimination style.
                              c) After the first round of TWDC is complete, the squads will be reseeded based on their original TWD position, and again the highest seed will play the lowest seed, the second highest seed play the second lowest seed, etc.
                              d) Finals in each division are decided by a single match. After each match, the winners will be invited to compete in their respective TWL division as the 8th invited TWL squad.
                              I like it but I was hoping you'd make a rule that states that a squad just can't play easy squads for points, some level of competition must be shown to be invited to TWL.

I think that this wont affect 96% of squads out there but every season there's a 'Build' out there that plays easy squads to sneak a spot into TWL, last year pascone got flack for stopping a bullshit squad who didn't play more than 1 squad in TWBD that ended up in TWLB.
                              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                              X