Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Scheduling-thoughts?

Due to a few requests, I'm going to try to explain this better:

So there are 10 TWLD squads entering TWL. That means we have 2 extra games to schedule!

Here are some ideas (All divisions finish TWL at the same time):

1. Start TWLD season early: 1 week LD preseason, 2nd week for the 2 LD games which would also be the 1st week of TWLB and TWLJ preseason.

2. 1 week of preseason starts at the same time for all divisions, but sometime during the season TWLJ and TWLB get a 'bye' week where they dont have to play, but TWLD does (would be sometime in the middle, not the end of the season; could possibly set up a fun little tournament for the divisions that dont play, or do TWLDM).

3. Squeeze in the 2 extra TWLD games into the current schedule by adding another game time during the weekend. To break it down: There are 5 hours one can set up a TWL game, from 1pm to 5 pm EST. For each of the 5 hours, there are 4 available game slots to sign up for. If we did this, we would add a 5th game slot in one of the hours for 2 different weeks in order to play the extra 2 LD games. All divisions would start and end at the same time. It would work just how TWL always has; we would just add another game slot.

4.?

Hope that explains things better.
    Last edited by MirrorriM; 09-28-2008, 05:53 PM. Reason: edited to make more sense

i dont understand #1?

if you mean, start TWLD early so that LJ/LB/LD all END on the same week, then i vote for #1

a "bye" week is kinda lame for LJ only or LB only squads imo
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

as i've stated, this is why i always wanted to keep the numbers the same across the board.

that said, i think the best option will probably be bye weeks similar to the nfl in that maybe 2 squads get a week off in jd or bd. of course, that still wouldn't balance it out, so perhaps there should be 2 weeks off for each squad DURING the season, instead of the end.

everything should line up during the past two weeks so we can go into playoffs at the same time and whatever momentum in this game that could exist, can carry to the playoffs.

i don't love the idea of delaying the starts of both twlj and lb, but it is better than at the end of the year
      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

how often did lb games happen on saturday in past twl's
        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

1# if its like dwopple said.
          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I like option 4.
            1:pascone> bike u gonna fold like a shirt in twl?

jack> (6")-o KIRBY punches you two sillys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgVYGbIUepQ

Comment

o hey brad
              chief

Syndicate- TWLJ Champions Season 9

Dice- TWLB Champions Season 10, 11, 13

Mootland Farmer

Comment

You have 1 new message. Type ?messages to read
                chuckle> ?messages
                [Sep 29 01:35] bike: LOL I GOT MY HANDS ON A DESKTOP ITS GOIN DOWN MOFO

i like option #4 as well
                TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

If you're just gonna have bye weeks you might as well just put 10 squads in all 3 leagues instead.

Comment

How many teams will make the playoffs? I assume 4 and it might be actually written somewhere. Unfortunately its 130 and i have to wake up early to go to upstate new york tomorrow. lucky me.

anyway, another option to the scheduling problem could be to bring back *conferences* and have squads play everyone in their conference and then another 4 games randomly decided or something from the other conference. just another idea to consider
                    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by Static Burn View Post
                      If you're just gonna have bye weeks you might as well just put 10 squads in all 3 leagues instead.
                      ^:fear:
                      Indulgence

Comment

#4 TWLD starts a week early and finishes a weeks later than the other competitions making for a grand finale for TWL. After all LD was the original TWL competition...
                        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

10 squads for all leagues sounds fair.

Comment

I'd say 12 for ld, 10 for lj, and 8 for lb.
                            Indulgence

Comment

just start TWL already omfg, imma quit before it happens, im itching for it
                              Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

Working...
                              X