Poll: Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Playoffs

Okay after some discussion I've narrowed down what I think could be the best compromise about playoffs and scheduling and having a longer/more exciting playoff season.

First option is what Pascone proposed:

All divisions would start preseason the same week. For LD, 6 squads are in playoffs: top 2 squads get a bye, next 4 play in quarters for the last 2 spots in semi-finals. Then we would have semis and finals.

For LB/LJ, top 3 squads get a bye. Next 4 squads play during the extra 2 weeks of LD season in a mini-tournament for the last spot in playoffs.

All divisions would start and end TWL at the same time.

Pros: Mini-tourny is more exciting; works well with the longer LD season; increases the length of playoffs by 2 weeks.
    Cons: 7/8 squads get a chance at playoffs, makes the regular season not as important; top 3 squads sit out for 2 weeks.

Second option:

LD Season starts 2 weeks earlier than LB/LJ. They would start during LD's 2nd Round of TWL. LD's playoffs would be the same as above.

For LB/LJ, top 3 squads get a bye. Squad #4 and Squad #5 play for the last spot in playoffs.

All divisions end TWL at the same time.

Pros: Wild card style for last playoff spot. Only 5 squads have a chance at playoffs, makes regular season more important; increases the length of playoffs by 1 week.
    Cons: TWL seasons do not line up between divisions until the playoffs; only 5 instead of 6 squads have a chance at playoffs.

--------------------

Both options only allow 4 squads into playoffs for LB/LJ, but includes more 'excitement' than how it is set up now, which is top 4 go into playoffs.

Are either of these a good compromise? If so, which one would you like to have?
    46.97%
    31.82%
    I like a different option, which I will tell you about in the thread...
    7.58%
    I dont care
    13.64%
    Last edited by MirrorriM; 11-09-2008, 07:12 PM.

Still would like to note I think 6 squads should be in TWLD playoffs as there are more squads invited
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Well I see it as 6 squads are in the playoffs, just 4 of them play in the "quarter finals" and 2 get a bye to the semi-finals

Comment

crap i voted for 2 instead of 1 . -_- moar playoffs ftw.
        Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
          Well I see it as 6 squads are in the playoffs, just 4 of them play in the "quarter finals" and 2 get a bye to the semi-finals
          but if it occurs after the regular season... it is a 6 team playoff. you just worded it in a wildly confusing manner!
          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Fixed, hopefully in a less wildly confusing manner.

Comment

raise squads in all 3 leagues to 10 = all problems solved.
              Displaced> I get pussy every day
              Displaced> I'm rich
              Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
              Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
              Thors> prolly
              Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

or all to 8 seems better even

Comment

too late at this point to adjust the number of squads being invited as the deadline as already been established

Comment

Just throwin' it out there that everyone has been waiting for TWL, not just faggity warbirds. I want this shit to get rolling already, not wait two weeks while you 1 shot losers play chase-the-dick.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                      Just throwin' it out there that everyone has been waiting for TWL, not just faggity warbirds. I want this shit to get rolling already, not wait two weeks while you 1 shot losers play chase-the-dick.
                      OOOO
                      https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                      1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                      1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                      1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                      1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                      1:soild>they can say what they like
                      1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                      1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

someone add my vote to option 1. for some reason it says I have already voted but I cant remember doing that.
                        Originally posted by Tyson
                        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                        Originally posted by HeavenSent
                        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                        Originally posted by Izor
                        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

why do polls always have a "i dont care" choice.
                          1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                          JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                          1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                          http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

10 squads for all leagues would be the ideal way to solve the problem. Having 10 squads for ONLY TWLD makes the Warbird League seem most important, which is definitely not true. We all know the Javelin League is actually the most important league in TWL.

Comment

Originally posted by Valholy View Post
                              We all know the Javelin League is actually the most important league in TWL.
                              We do? If you ask a jav, they'll say yes. If you ask a WB, they'll say no.
                              RaCka> how can i get you here
                              death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                              RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                              death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Working...
                              X