No announcement yet.

Poll: TWL Breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about we have a break in TWL every weekend that is inconvenient for me?

everyone has something to do on one day or another, the world is not going to end if you cant make 1 game, no breaks.
    Displaced> I get pussy every day
    Displaced> I'm rich
    Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
    Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
    Thors> prolly
    Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

I'd only do it for christmas since that's an international holiday.

I do however opt to have a break from TWL on the weekend from 22-24february... Because then it's carnaval and I will be drunk/to a bar 24/7 for like 4 days straight and there is no time for TWL then... I would rather have TWL being played on christmas weekend then on Carnaval weekend.
      TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
      TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
      TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
      First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Yes:
        Thanksgiving. Personally dont give rats ass but since majority of players celebrate it and would be whole bunch of whining if not.

Christmas. 27th-28th is not even christmas but I guess people are spending time with their families or w/e so they cant play.

No:
        New Year. Well thats not new years eve or anything, it's normal weekend and we dont have breaks during normal weekends.

Personally I dont think any breaks would be needed, but Im sure things would go smoother if thanksgiving and christmas would be free.

Comment

I don't mind not taking any breaks, as they don't seem to harm TWL. I'll throw a vote down to take Christmas off, but as someone mentioned, you have enough time to sober up from New Years. Thanksgiving, is an American Holiday, and Dameon dude, the fins don't make a childish point - they make a completely valid one bro. Granted there are most likely more North Americans that play than Europeans in general, but there are a fuckload of Finland players. I know, I've played with them more than any others over the last couple years.

edit- maybe this was mentioned and I missed it, how many votes or whatever is needed to declare that weekend off?
          7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
          7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
          7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
          7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
          1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Not really looking for a specific number that tells me "ok now it will be a break." More like looking at what the majority wants. Despite all the reasons for and against the holidays, I think doing what the majority would like in this circumstance is best.

So far it looks like Christmas and New Years are for sure TWL breaks. Thanksgiving...seems to not be a clear case for a TWL break.

However, does it matter to the voters that would like Thanksgiving weekend off that that weekend is only Preseason?

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
              Not really looking for a specific number that tells me "ok now it will be a break." More like looking at what the majority wants. Despite all the reasons for and against the holidays, I think doing what the majority would like in this circumstance is best.

So far it looks like Christmas and New Years are for sure TWL breaks. Thanksgiving...seems to not be a clear case for a TWL break.

However, does it matter to the voters that would like Thanksgiving weekend off that that weekend is only Preseason?

please do not have a break over thanksgiving if its preseason

thats silly

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Why is new years weekend so special, it's not new years eve or anything. Are some people so slow that they need few days to realise it's new year?

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                  Why is new years weekend so special, it's not new years eve or anything. Are some people so slow that they need few days to realise it's new year?
                  Not really. However, I believe many people are going for vacation at x-mas time/new years like myself. I voted for 3rd-4th january cause im unable to show that day. Unless I would go to nerdmode in playa del ingles but no thanks

EDIT: It isn't a quite good defense to say ppl are going on holiday. It shouldn't affect to everybody since most of the players would be able to play that time.
                  Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                  Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                  Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                  Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Dream, your Edit directly contradicts your post.

Fuck breaks.

As far as Thanksgiving, you'd have to be retarded to call a break for a holiday that's on a Thursday, especially if the affected games are preseason.

Christmas. Fine, have Christmas. A lot of people travel for the Christmas holiday so whatever.

New Years: Come on you dumb fucks. If you can't play because you drank too much, you're a pussy and you need to learn to drink and deal with a hangover. If you'll be on vacation and you don't want your coveted spot taken: suck on a dick you self rightous tool.

Every squad is affected by the Christmas/New Years holiday equally. It won't create an advantage for anyone if you have TWL go on as scheduled and, if anything, it will force squads to show that they actually have some depth. Remember that concept, where you didn't just have 10 good players on your squad?

If you really give that much of shit, don't go on vacation. Or, better yet, retire because you give too much of a shit.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

i think that as long as new years doesn't have more than 50% of the votes (at least) then it shouldn't be a break. just keep it to christmas.
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I can understand why people want to have a break on Christmas Weekend.. however..

New Years Weekend (New Year on Wednesday-Thursday Night) and the Thanksgiving Weekend are just silly.

Prolonging TWL by two weeks for things like that is just not right. <_<

Comment

Papa Diop feels the same way

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Diop View Post
                            Papa Diop feels the same way
                            hgfh
                            https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                            1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                            1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                            1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                            1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                            1:soild>they can say what they like
                            1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                            1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Just christmas
                              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X