Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Featured Matches- TWLD Week 1

Featured Match TWLD Preseason Week One. by kthx

Since this is actually the first featured match I have ever written for TWL (besides the cup but I only had one choice so I won't count that.)I just want to explain how I plan on doing it. I am going to pick the game each week that I feel will be the most entertaining, it won't always be the two best squads dueling, but sometimes it will. On top of picking out my match to watch for the week, I am also going to be writing a tiny bit about each game, but I won't be going into detail about them. There are three pretty good games to watch this week, with Dynasty playing Thunder, Heavy vs Pirates, and Rape vs Sweet, however I think that the Rape vs Sweet match will probably be the closest match. I think Thunder will probably take Dynasty and Heavy will probably take Pirates assuming both have their top lineups in.

Featured Match ::::: Preseason Week 1 TWLD ::::: Sweet vs Rape

This match could honestly go either way but I am going to have to go with Sweet to take this week over Rape. Sweet is coming into TWL preseason with a two week winning streak in twlesque game play, and I don't think Rape will really have the roster to start strong enough in their opening TWL debut. Rape roster is seriously lacking any depth having lost quite a few players before TWL. Valholy and Venezuela might be two of their only birds who I would trust to go 10:10 at the end of the round. They should probably consider beefing up their roster a little bit by grabbing a few of Fate's warbirds such as Cloth who would really help to add another stable 10:10 to the lineup. Sweet hasn't really picked up anyone new but their lineup will do well enough to get a little under .500 in their w/l this season. Spaceship will be back this week to replace Dak, and you can count on Tohn and Aerin to play well like they always do. I think unless Rape takes my suggestions they will start out 0-1 in the preseason.

My Final Score Guess ::::: Sweet - 50 -- Rape - 38.

Preseason Week 1 TWLD ::::: Heavy vs Pirates

It could go either way honestly, with Izor and Racka listed as "maybe" on the Heavy roster and with Apok coming back from a few weeks off Heavy might be kinda rusty, especially playing against an extremely active Pirates lineup. Looking at the rosters heavy SHOULD win this game but as of right now it is really a toss up. I am just glad that Pirates finally figured out that everyone using aliases in TWL would be a good idea and switched back. I don't know who thought that was cool.

My Final Score Guess ::::: Heavy - 50 -- Pirates - 47

Preseason Week 1 TWLD ::::: Quake vs Syne

Not really a whole lot to say here Syne isn't as bad as they used to be because they have been playing together for a few years now, but they are nowhere near the level that Quake is on. I mean.. I don't think Quake is going to be the dominant force that ignite paid for by any means but they shouldn't have any trouble winning this game. The one thing I can say is that Vash is a terrible warbird and will still go negative even vs Syne however. Tvash the Terrible.

My Final Score Guess ::::: Quake - 50 -- Syne - 30

Preseason Week 1 TWLD ::::: Sake vs Disoblige

This could turn out to be a somewhat close match but I have Sake taking this one. Disoblige doesn't really have that many birds on their roster, and Sake has the kind of birds that on the roster look terrible but generally end up playing pretty decently together. I guess they have had tons of practice together with shoebox and value and all the other terrible squads that have plagued Trenchwars over the years.

My Final Score Guess ::::: Sake - 50 -- Disoblige - 40

Preseason Week 1 TWLD ::::: Thunder vs Dynasty

I think both of these squads will do fairly well in TWL this year, they have the players, the experience and so this is probably the hardest game for me to decide who will win. The reason it isn't my featured match is because it will be a blowout for one of them. Thunder is going to have to be my pick to win this based on TWL 5v5 experience alone, they know how to pace themselves, die out evenly, and the most important thing is they know when to be aggressive and when to play the run'n'stray. I think Dynasty's loosely mid-range starting line is going to have problems adjusting to playing the short Thunder and the long Thunder in the same match.

My Final Score Guess ::::: Thunder - 50 -- Dynasty 38
    Last edited by MirrorriM; 11-25-2008, 12:20 AM.

Good stuff kthx.

I'm really going to be looking forward to reading these in the future as well.
    TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
    TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

I thought the alaises were pretty cool, though I didn't pick mine.
      Good writing Wark, let's see how those predictions hold up come gametime!
      7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
      7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
      7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
      7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
      1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

WTF sweet vs rape = wrong, afk tears
        1. You're reading my comment
        2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
        4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
        5. You're checking it now.
        6. You're smiling.
        7. You're still reading my comment.
        8. You know all you have read is true.
        10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
        11. You're checking it now.
        12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

Comment

Working...
        X