Regarding TW bans and rescheduled TWL games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding TW bans and rescheduled TWL games

Let's say someone gets banned from TW, and the ban would prevent them from playing in a TWL game. Then, let's say that the particular TWL game the person would miss gets rescheduled for later. Would the player be allowed or disallowed to play the rescheduled game?

I feel that the player should not be allowed to play in the rescheduled game, but a certain somebody says that this is not the case. I don't see how this is fair, because if you get yourself banned during TWL, you do it knowing full well that it may cost you a spot in an upcoming TWL game(s).

What is the official TWL Op stance on this?
    sdg

I can't speak for the TWL Staff as a whole, but I do agree that a player shouldn't be off the hook for missing that TWL game just because the game has been rescheduled. I'll bring it up to Mirrorrim and the other Ops and see what the general feelings are.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

I don't see any point in this. There is such thing as eligibility to play in TWL match in TWL rules.

TW bans (teamkilling, racism, abusing help alets etc.) necessarily haven't much to do with TWL eligibility..except that you can't be there when you're banned from the zone.

Should we extend TW bans when zone is down, too? Anyway, the TWL rules give the answer to your question and the rules are official

3.05 League Participation Requirements

In order to be eligible for Trench Wars League gameplay, each player must:

a) Be registered at www.twleagues.org with the appropriate squad, as well as be a registered member of Trench Wars Divisions.
      b) Be listed for game play on the TWL roster found on the TWL website.
      c) Be eligible to play after the Standard Waiting Period. (See Rule 3.05c)
      d) Not be serving a suspension from Trench Wars League game play.

Players may be added to the TWL roster if they joined the squad before hard lock by putting a check in the checkbox next to their name. All eligibility rules still apply. TWL rosters will be frozen every Friday and will be unfrozen every Monday of the TWL season.

For a postponed game, players eligible for the game depend on the current roster. The squad will not be limited to players eligible during the week the game was postponed.

5.04 Banfree’s

A player can not be banfree’d in order to play TWL unless they have won an appeal from the BanG Op and the ban has been completely removed. No exceptions.
      Last edited by plob#f; 11-29-2008, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X