just fyi
      this

also think about changing some colors on the homepage
      Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
      2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
      2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
        It's just stupid to have combined all leagues together... since you can choose where to invest your money... you should've kept them seperate imho...
        I wanted to make things run a little differently. Plus, if we pretend you are a manager of a squad, and your squad is in twl, you have 1 squad. not 3 separate squads. Therefore Dreamteam is now a whos the best TWL manager? Which I find alot more interesting. Plus it encourages people to dabble into other areas.

Also the betting for MVP's has low odds... REALLY low odds...
        Like even the players that wouldn't even get played ever and even if they'd get played they'd never MVP get a best odds off 10:1 payed out:invested...
        I agree they were a little low and dont encourage much betting. Ive doubled the value for MVP betting. So please cancel all your MVP bets and redo them.
        Also betting on squad odds arent perfect, and when equal rated squads play each other there values are both above 2 which means if you bet the same ammount for both squads, you are guaranted to win a small ammount. You cant abuse this bug much as your limited to 8 bets each per week so Il fix this on a weekend lock.

Also, how are the stocks calculated for squads that play multiple leagues?
        Since a squad like sweet has a stockvalue of 1907 while playing 1 league while disoblige for example has a stockvalue of 1537... And is the value of the stock increasing depending of just win or loss, or on how big the win is? Also, can 1 league squads increase as much as 3 league squads? and thus can they lose as much? In other word how are you calculating it?
        The value change is based on how big the win is. It doesn't take into account how hard the opponent squad is. 3 league squads do have the potential to increase/decrease in value than squads in fewer leagues because they play 1 more match. So if a 3 league squad has got 2 easy opponents and 1 hard opponent, its still worthwhile investing over a 1 league squad that has got an easy opponent.

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
        Couple of questions about the money distribution:
        $1500 for your Dueling team.
        $1500 for your Javelin team.
        $2000 for your Basing team.
        $1500 for buying shares.
        $500 for betting.

Right now I have over $3000 in shares, are you allowing this? It's probably a bug, but will I be penalized for it come Sunday, or are you going to fix it and disallow this by then? $500 for betting, but we can only bet 8 times, even by putting in $50 on each bet we can only spend $400.
        Good questions paul, the reason I posted about the money distribution was to give people an idea about why they started with 7000 and as a guide on how much they could spend in each section. You can do anything you like with the 7000 you have except withdraw it! Note that you cant win dream team if you only play the stock market section. Maybe there will be a time in the season that putting all your eggs into one basket will be a good thing! As I have invented the stockmarket, game balancing with accordance to dream team and betting will be vital for it to be a worthwhile section and also not make it unfair for players that dont bother with it.

The stock market:
        Obviously they change depending on how many people buy them, but if that's the case, then the people who signed up and made their teams first got a much bigger advantage than the rest.
        ah! Initially that was the plan.... Sadly they dont increase/decrease as to how many people buy them. Couldnt quite get it to work because I wasnt sure how popular it would be and be stable, so the squad values are fixed. I was then going to make the value of a squad based on the value of its members. And so players leaving/joining would be taken into account, but in development I wasnt aware there would be a new TWL website planned for this season working from a new database. The easiest thing to get TWLM up was to give it its own database seperate to TWL as not to interfere with its development, which is why I have to manually keep rosters up to date! So as you can imagine, it would of been hard to create a website that just slotted into the new twl website with knowing little about it. The TWL team arent to blame for this. When I swore to create TWLM a few months ago they werent expecting me to accomplish a working site as its quite a big task from scratch. After this season is over, when the TWL website is fully functional, I will create TWLM again and have it run off the TWL website so squad rosters will be automated.

How are the values for the stocks going to be calculated? What are they based on? Can they go up even if the team loses? If so, Deleria is a great buy if they can get any sensible amount of kills, but if they just lose value when they continue to lose, what's the point? Are three league squads going to be calculated for each league, making their values fluctuate much more than 1 or 2 league squads, or are there constraints given to them? I guess I could just wait it out until the week is over and see for myself, but could you give us any hints as to what will be calculated?
        The value for stock was calculted by the formula $dvalue = ($drating * $daverating) / 1000. The variables taken from my fave place of course: twd statistics!
        eg: (1400*1200)/1000 = 1680000/1000 = 1680. If a squad qualified for another league, the squad value was calculated for that league and then an average of the squad values were taken. - Attempting to give each squad an overall twl squad value based on how good they are. I was aiming to get a value around this figure because in LJ and LD, 5 players start, and the default for a player is 300, so 5 x 300 = 1500. So I thought if squad values were somewhere around this value and above, it would make visual sense and not be confusable by giving it a value like 400 and treat it like a player.

Initially I thought this section would be easy to achieve a realistic value change because I could just reuse the algorithm that calculates player values but it just didnt work. The difference of the squads was to big and even after most squads won, the value still would go down because the squad was apparntly worth such less than them. So I came up with a simple way a squad would increase in value based on the ratio of kills:deaths.

After a match, a squads stock will definately go up if it wins and alternatively it will definately go down if it loses. So if a 3 league squad wins 2 games and loses 1, it should still be a good investment. Because the calculation of the stock price change doesent take into account the squads current value, the order doesent matter.

Ive also fixed the basing betting problem where bets showed up as javelin bets. Please delete all base related bets you have currently made that say 'javelin' otherwise they will be counted as losses because when they are processed they wont be true.
        Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
        TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

thanks for hard work ardour!
            lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

Working...
            X