No announcement yet.

TWL week 2, when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The waiting period means the player must sit out of 1 round of TWL. A player has until Saturday to do so. If a player joins a TWL squad on Saturday, they must sit out of the next week's TWL round.

Example:

Bob joins a TWL squad during Saturday of Round 1. Bob must sit out of Round 2. Bob can play Round 3 of TWL.

Same goes if Bob joined Sunday of Round 1.

If Bob joined Monday-Friday before Round 1, he would have to sit out of Round 1 but could play Round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post

1) Why did you make a poll in the first place?

2) What exactly is the reason this weekend couldn't take place either? The sites were down... do you really have to rely on the websites in order for things to take place?

3) OH NO THE WEBSITE SERVER IS DOWN:
      Contact Captains in game for scheduling
      On Squad acceptance signup, ask for Captains' emails for updates and scheduling
      Post something in news.txt regarding the plan for the upcoming TWL matches that weekend
      Backup - barebones - website
      Record statistics with excel after each match if the website is STILL down during matches, to update it manually in the future

I'm sure there are many more options.
      1. To get everyone's opinion. Players could pick 1 or multiple dates to have off. I went with the 2 highest numbers.

2. Do I have to? No. Did I want to? No. I already spend way too much time talking to players, answering forum questions, troubleshooting bugs, etc. Let's just forget the fact I work and would like to do other things besides fixing TWL problems for hours every day. You give a nice list of how seemingly simple it would be to organize everything in a couple days. That's fine, you can do it.

3. I want to enjoy TWL just as much as everyone else does, but you guys are pushing it with your incessant demands. As I told other players, if the database was still down when it got closer to the end of the holiday break, I would start setting up some kind of way to manually run TWL. Since there was only a few days to organize everything I think it was fine to wait.

Contact Captains in game for scheduling- sure I'll sit around constantly checking ?messages. Hope all the caps log on and respond soon!
      On Squad acceptance signup, ask for Captains' emails for updates and scheduling-okay, I'll spend more hours waiting for email correspondence and back and forth scheduling emails.
      Post something in news.txt regarding the plan for the upcoming TWL matches that weekend
      Backup - barebones - website
      Record statistics with excel after each match if the website is STILL down during matches, to update it manually in the future-yay that sounds like fun

dont forget:

?message all staff members to tell them they need to host twl games. hope they get the message and show up!
      refreshing everyone on manually hosting-yes this should be simple but we all know nothing ever is
      figure out who is on what twl roster-if they belong there; forget about soft lock; what captains say goes for their roster
      forget about lagouts and +1 deaths, waiting 15 secs (base), counting # of ship changes, ship switches, and subs for each game, which all will be done by a ref-probably most people wouldnt care if this was gone
      inevitable whining- "I thought no twl games were today cuz database failed" "i dont read news.txt" "i work/go to school and didnt see your ?message/email" "I dont want that game time give me something else" "this isnt fair you chose our game time we are all confused players didnt show up" "this game better not count for real twl season"--yeah we can say "tough luck" but I'm betting $$$ a lot of people would be unhappy.
      something will go wrong and people will cry bloody murder: "you let them use too many subs!" "if he had gotten his +1 lagout death, we woulda won," "you let a guy who isnt even on that squad play!!" etc etc

So anyways, to avoid that headache I chose to forgo a migraine and give everyone more time to figure things out and get more prepared if we still need to host TWL manually. I'm trying to make this a fun TWL, but you guys need to lighten up with the whining over every tiny thing and find some patience, because I am running out of mine. This is not the end of the world. If we do end up do having to host manually, I sure hope you guys will step up and help cover some of the above-mentioned problems!
      Last edited by MirrorriM; 12-20-2008, 11:23 PM.

Comment

you're doing a good job mirror, don't worry about it.

my question regarding the soft/hard lock is simple - we have several players that joined TWD roster before soft lock, was unable to play first week because of the 1 week twl roster rule, but the site went down before the 1 week period expired. will i still be able to add these players to the TWL roster in time for week 2 games?
        Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

yes, poor pascone

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
            yes, poor pascone
            Just thought I'd join in on the party.

Tragik: Yes, you should be able to. I need to talk to Rii first to see if everything is okay TWD-wise.

Comment

i donno paul. we would've gone a full week without practicing twd. i think skipping this weekend was mostly a no-brainer due to the circumstances present. the january 4th weekend or whatever probably shouldn't be skipped but i'm not here for it so i don't really care.
              Last edited by Jeenyuss; 12-21-2008, 07:37 PM.
              Originally posted by turmio
              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
              Originally posted by grand
              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Apologies Mirr, I'm just all twl-crazy. You guys have been doing a great job so far, I hope you don't let our intensely eager attitudes cause a meltdown. I hear it's pretty common among people holding your position.
                7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

I just figure there should have been a voting system about these 2 weeks off...not like any of TWL games fall on a holiday. So there really wouldn't have been a shortage of people unless they were going out of state/town or whatever to chill with the family. I understand we need staff and it's possible that games may not have ran due to the lack of staff available, but majority of TWL players aren't staff and the players should of at least had a sayso...but who am I to argue this...I'm just a synE player.

Edit: I do understand the first week off due to everything that happened...and I still have not heard about what's going on with TWL roster seeing how the site died before expiration.
                  Raazi> this is the only place men chase jessup

Comment

Here it is, it took place a couple weeks ago:

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...highlight=poll

Comment

Jan 3rd-4th still didn't even get 50%, still don't see why it needs to be off.
                      "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
                        jesus dw your sig
                        he is proud of his life achievements man!

Comment

In my opinion the January 3rd - 4th is a ridiculous break. Seriously! Why have a break that day? Now when most of us got some free time (winter break) it would be perfect to play TWL the 3rd - 4th of January..

10th - 11th January : Back to school or whatever people do, busy again.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                            In my opinion the January 3rd - 4th is a ridiculous break. Seriously! Why have a break that day? Now when most of us got some free time (winter break) it would be perfect to play TWL the 3rd - 4th of January..

10th - 11th January : Back to school or whatever people do, busy again.
                            Would it hurt to maybe do a second poll? Just to double check on the last date here? Not like we don't have the time to make it and get some votes. I know I'd like to play the 3-4th if at all possible.
                            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

sao só 3 semanas seus paneleiros de merda
                              Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                              Your friend,
                              ​​Papi
                              ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                                Here it is, it took place a couple weeks ago:

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...highlight=poll
                                Well fuck me...I don't pay attention to polls. :*(
                                Raazi> this is the only place men chase jessup

Comment

Working...
                                X