TWL Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Hall of Fame

Well as you can see the hall of fame tab is now up.. i am sure there will be a couple adjustments on how clean and sharp it will look in the future but so now you know it is there. I am in charge of the TWL Hall of Fame and was the lead hand in inducting the squads/players you see in that list. Besides myself I had a bunch of anonymous players that helped me narrow down names of players and squads to induct two phases of HOF. Now that it is up... I will be looking for roughly 8-15 players who have been involved in the TWL from past years to present years to bring together a committee and progress through an induction that will be done once roughly every 6 months or so. now that there is a base to the HOF there will not be as many players/squads added at a time but if you have been an impact player/squad in a TWL in ANY season you will be a possible inductee in to this TWL honour. If you have any interest in being apart of the committee then ?message/pm me in game (requiem) or forum message me. I also on top of taking peoples requests to join the committee will be inviting certain players I feel should have a hand in it in person.

If you have any questions regarding the hall of fame that dont involve the whole committee then feel free to message me the same way

- requiem
    Subnova Owner

I am not certain why or what not, but I would make more categories as just best players....

Crome for example I've never really seen play much, but when I saw him I never thought he was that good... I guess he was a great captain, so on that not he could still be in.
    I would devide the player category in more aspects like: Best captain etc.

I am not sure how they do it in other sports, but I know from baseball for example that they look at stats like most homeruns, best ave and more shit... I think you should try making some of those categories...

to end this I'd just have to say: Sudden? Plague Rabbit?
    I could name dozens that belong in over them...
    TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
    TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
    TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
    First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

hmm most of you wouldnt know skill if it fucked you in the face
      Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

royce is DOWN RIGHT FIERCE and has more skill than all us newbs combined! u better recognize bitches

Comment

there's a typo at the bottom right of the hall of fame (should say twlb but says twlj), and i'm not going to hide my bitterness of the fact that i have 3 titles that i worked for and some people on that list have 1-3 that they didn't even have to play for. I wouldn't even list the titles like that if you aren't using it as a metric.
          -Dave

Comment

its not like people arent going to bash the hall of fame list because people want to be on it or expect to be on it... it is chosen by your peers and players of TW that played while you played. as for the typos i had already told you that it will get fixed there are a few minor flaws that need to be ironed out.. the website programmers are working hard to get everything perfect so be patient. and as for pjotter there are many things that were looked at for the hall of fame, the sports hall of fames do not mention how many home runs or the batting averages or sacks.. i mean if you look into the player you will find their stats but they dont show it in the HOF. The reason why some of those players are in the TWL hall of fame are of inpact on TWL for skill/bring a whole new style to TWL/TWL titles/Best captains etc... and the douzens of people you think that should be on the hall of fame will probably sooner or later be on there. i just created a base and start for the hall of fame and am now expanding my committee to have it carried on for seasons of TWL.
            Subnova Owner

Comment

I'm curious, is this hall of fame going to be for title winners only? Personally I think squads like British Squad, Dependency (less so), Paladen, Warpath/Ossify (maybe in a couple years?) - but you know, squads that have survived long periods of time, become staples in the community. It's one thing to win a title, but alot of those squads dissolve afterwards, don't last very long. I think the squads that have lasted 5-10 years deserve some recognition, as that's no easy feat.
              7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
              7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
              7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
              7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
              1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Sika?
                [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

make sure I go down as best spider/best basing captain in twl history, because lets face it it's true.

also in twl hall of shame "putting a woman in charge of TWL"

and for the twl hall of fame "pascone best player in any ship in twl"
                  DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                  DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                  DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                  DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                  DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                  DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                  1:waven> is if im going to prison
                  1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

How about devoting some of that time to something useful, such as helping riistar get the on the move/player search back up?

Draft> wtf are they doing putting that garbage up when there's other parts of the site that need work?
                    Phiz> I probably am gay
                    Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Originally posted by With Ease View Post
                      How about devoting some of that time to something useful, such as helping riistar get the on the move/player search back up?

Draft> wtf are they doing putting that garbage up when there's other parts of the site that need work?
                      u mad

Comment

What i think would make this nicer is player interviews. When your going to put someone onto the hall of fame, interview them! A chat in a private arena 1 on 1. The host ask interesting questions about that players theories on game play/ tw community/staff/ leagues/ fave cereal, whatever! No editing of the interview either.

This would lead to funny/insightful reads. Plus it would be nicer to see than just a committees opinion on who is a good respected player in tw. I look at the list and because Im of the new generation warriors of tw, Im like, Who?! 2 titles? pft, dont know him, never seen him online ever who cares about him! However, if I could read an interview done with that player, on being put on the hall of fame, I could get an insight on what he was like, what he thought of the honour of being given a TWL knighthood etc.

ps - i would be the johnathon ross of tw. Let me interview the hall of famers!
                        Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                        TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Originally posted by Ardour View Post

This would lead to funny/insightful reads.
                          much unlike your posting

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                            much unlike your posting
                            How dare you!

My twlm posts discuss the inner depths of the cog machine that is TWLM. You love em really! I hope I get to interview you first.
                            Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                            TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

I cant treat this hall of fame list as of anything else than a joke atm. Please read this:

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...t=hall+of+fame

not to be an ass or anything but epi > hurricane
                              Originally posted by Tyson
                              There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                              Originally posted by HeavenSent
                              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                              Originally posted by Izor
                              Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X