No announcement yet.

TWL Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather have no hall of fame at all than a bad one knockers.

cant take it serious if its only hurricane and "whoever wanted to help" who picks our best and/or most important players ever cos they are the only one who wants to do it. sorry :/

Hell the picks might even be the most accurate ones but if they are made in the wrong way it will never feel right.
    Originally posted by Tyson
    There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
    Originally posted by HeavenSent
    Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
    Originally posted by Izor
    Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Instead of having a "committee" add people to the Hall Of Fame, why not just have that "committee" select nominees, and let any TWL ROSTERED PLAYER vote Yes or No to your selections for the first couple weeks of playoffs, with inductions being the same week as finals. For example....

First week of playoffs, make an announcement in game, and a poll on the TWL site which would allow any person who was rostered to a TWL squad this season to vote. For the sake of argument, lets just say you decided on Sika, Banzi, 2dragons, and Centurion04 (who is arguably the best spider ever). Each nominee would need a minimum of an 80% approval rate to be accepted into the HOF. I would suggest keeping the nominees each year limited, as this is suppose to be an honor, not something 30 people get nominated for each year.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Mantra said it best

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider
        I rather have no hall of fame at all than a bad one knockers.
        Lizard Fuel's idea isn't bad, but certain players might not be liked by the general public so something needs to be done about players who play extraordinary well except they won't get 80% of the popular vote. If the committee was allowed to include 2-3 names each season then it would be a far more balanced system.

There's also the issue of this becoming a popular contest....
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
          I am not certain why or what not, but I would make more categories as just best players....

Crome for example I've never really seen play much, but when I saw him I never thought he was that good... I guess he was a great captain, so on that not he could still be in.
          I would devide the player category in more aspects like: Best captain etc.

I am not sure how they do it in other sports, but I know from baseball for example that they look at stats like most homeruns, best ave and more shit... I think you should try making some of those categories...

to end this I'd just have to say: Sudden? Plague Rabbit?
          I could name dozens that belong in over them...
          Crome is like Epinephrine, good captain not necessarily amazing player. Epi held his own but he always had 4 superior warbirds surrounding him.

What about creating categories for the Hall of Fame and let people vote on them? Here's a few ideas;

Best Captain

Best Baser

Best Warbird

Best Javelin

Breakthrough Baser

Breakthrough Jav

Breakthrough Warbird

The last 3 spots can be for someone who did well in TWL but not the popular vote, a committee of MORE THAN 3 people will decide on the reaming 3 Hall of Famers.
          Last edited by Cops; 01-09-2009, 12:55 PM.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
            Breakthrough Baser

Breakthrough Jav

Breakthrough Warbird
            these wouldnt be in a twl hall of fame, but more like the writeup after a single twl season

but that doesnt matter, i dont see this being a super idea.

to be on the safe side, i would only add people that dont play anymore. also, starting at season 5 or so, do not add more than 3 people per season.

if its not incredibly obvious that a person should be in it, scrutinize more

blah blha lbhagaasss
            silly

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
              these wouldnt be in a twl hall of fame, but more like the writeup after a single twl season

but that doesnt matter, i dont see this being a super idea.

to be on the safe side, i would only add people that dont play anymore. also, starting at season 5 or so, do not add more than 3 people per season.

if its not incredibly obvious that a person should be in it, scrutinize more

blah blha lbhagaasss
              silly
              yeah you're right, stupid idea all together... just trying to make sense of a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
                I'm curious, is this hall of fame going to be for title winners only? Personally I think squads like British Squad, Dependency (less so), Paladen, Warpath/Ossify (maybe in a couple years?) - but you know, squads that have survived long periods of time, become staples in the community. It's one thing to win a title, but alot of those squads dissolve afterwards, don't last very long. I think the squads that have lasted 5-10 years deserve some recognition, as that's no easy feat.
                The Hall of Fame is for the elite players, not squads that shovel shit for extended periods of time. It isn't like in highschool where you can letter in your sport just by participating for four years, you actually have to be good to get into the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                  Crome is like Epinephrine, good captain not necessarily amazing player. Epi held his own but he always had 4 superior warbirds surrounding him.
                  epi was mvp of his squad in season 2 or something
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
                    The Hall of Fame is for the elite players, not squads that shovel shit for extended periods of time. It isn't like in highschool where you can letter in your sport just by participating for four years, you actually have to be good to get into the Hall of Fame.
                    Well I suppose that means you'll never be in there.
                    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Uhm, where exactly can I see nominations etc? Im confused :fear:

Also, Hall of Fame is not "best this, best that". Best players sure belong there, but thats not the whole truth. There might be some spectacular players who werent "best" but still definetly belong there. Besides, only one can be the best, so Hall of Fame would be quite empty after 1st nominations.

Do categories like "great javelins from early seasons" and "most dominant base javs/birds/specials of all time" and have someone who knows the nominated player well to do speech for him.

Was going to get link for Hockey Zones HoF, since I think it's great but for some reason it's been removed. Log into zone and ?go history to see it, it's cool but lack the great articles they had.

Comment

Dont know why Domi and VIhta are up there and nont Sika. Thats kinda silly.

And if you gonna put Crome and Epi in there then you should add Disq aswell.
                        2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

I'm not sure why Hurricane hasnt mentioned it but I believe the plan is to present us with the "base" of the HoF. Which is what has been done now. Then, he's gonna get back together with the HoF panel who will choose more names and put them up for vote by the TWL community.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kaos View Post
                            Dont know why Domi and VIhta are up there and nont Sika. Thats kinda silly.

And if you gonna put Crome and Epi in there then you should add Disq aswell.
                            lol are you kidding me? vihta definitely deserves to be in the HOF, did you not see him on elusive season 6? him and demonfaze were the 2 best warbirds on elusive at the time, + winning the twld title that season. and I'm sure they just forgot to add sika up there, he will probably be put in there when they fix it.

There are some people that don't deserve to be up there but whatever lol.
                            Syndicate - 2 time TWL-D/TWL-J Champions
                            Thunder - Season 11 TWL-J Champions
                            Amputate - TWEL-J Champion

Comment

sup warlord amp.

And possibly the best person to be on the HoF committe would be FieryFire in my opinon. Guy played since day 1 and won the first ever title and still plays and is still actually SOMEWHAT good. He knows who has been the best year after year and who deserves to be in the HoF. Also epi too but that's a given.

You need a better committe, I got nothing against loki unlike 98.5% of the people in TW, but he can't do this himself. He hasn't paid attention throughly to each and every TWL season unlike a few others vets that rarely log on still. He needs to contact them and get their advice for seasons from ~ 1-5. I'd help give my opinon from seasons after that since that's when I really got into the whole TWL sceen. But like mantra said, the committe is way more important than the actual people that get inducted atm, so they can make sure the right people get recognized.
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                              1:waven> is if im going to prison
                              1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

!

First forum post since forever (thanks for banning me for so long). Yes FF should be in the commitee as well as myself and Epi. However the picks weren't as bad as I thought they'd be. Sika should be in it as well as a few others but nothing can be perfect from the start.

A question though, I won TWLJ with elusive season 1 in twlj, i always wondered why it wasn't added to my name nor the map, seeing how i played 2 games that season in jav (hopefully my crappy stats during those games didn't disqualify me).
                                $$$

Comment

Working...
                                X