Basers Value Change System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
    If you are under 2 RPD you will be losing TWLM points because your team will have lost.

Like I said, rep ignore and spiders right next to you (especially when they all have 40 more ms than you, I usually have around 10) are going to go right through you and only need one hit to cancel the rest of your following reps sometimes when you're in a cornered situation, but it's enough to throw off any RPD statistics. Sure, you can fast rep, but it isn't always what a cornered team needs most and can be nullified by just one spider that happens to be a little laggier than you. Taking RPD into account will make mediocre sharks look really really good compared to the team around them.

Like I said, I don't think extremes should come into play, there's no reason for it. When they actually do come into play it's usually a fluke in the current cram and surge fr battle system of basing. Shark is a team oriented ship, and it can pull great feats on its own, but they can't be recorded by any of the statistics we have right now. Your team should have enough faith in you that you will do whatever is possible for them to, stay alive, keep your spiders that are in the line of fire alive, disperse, kill, but ultimately win the game, and that's what matters - the wins.

The more variables that are placed on a Shark's success, the less freedom he/she has as a player.
    I agree with you on most points, I just think you're talking as if people are going to try and play to get better stats? I don't think any shark in TWL is going to try and get a really high RPD so their R goes up in TWLM. So I disagree, it doesn't make them lose any freedom unless they aren't playing for the team - and I doubt a shark that doesn't play for the team will get much playtime.

Not for a second am I saying RPD makes someone a good shark, I just really want to find a way to add more variables. Maybe the less deaths your teams terr has, the shark could have a better rating? You don't have a terr with 1-3 deaths unless you've got some decent sharking right?
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Code:
      Pirates  	vs.  	Disoblige
      11:21 	  	15:00

Hercules 2.7
      Dwopple 2.9 	 

RednaZ 2.5 	 
      Mantra-Slider  2.6

For any doubters
      "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

5 points for each ft:turned:
        Originally posted by turmio
        jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
        Originally posted by grand
        I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
          We all just argued against RPDs Mantra.
          haha Im sorry. I usually dont come into threads w/o reading like I did here but I think Ill play the "blame rednaz" card here. His comment tricked me

As for rating a good shark I honestly cant come up with anything better than the "if team win shark is good". Obviously this isnt the entire truth but the other things that you (knockers) are suggesting are not good enough to rate a shark. It might be a boring formula but it probably gets you closer to the truth than it would if you start including all that other stuff (kills,rpd,ft etc..)
          Originally posted by Tyson
          There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
          Originally posted by HeavenSent
          Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
          Originally posted by Izor
          Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
            haha Im sorry. I usually dont come into threads w/o reading like I did here but I think Ill play the "blame rednaz" card here. His comment tricked me

As for rating a good shark I honestly cant come up with anything better than the "if team win shark is good". Obviously this isnt the entire truth but the other things that you (knockers) are suggesting are not good enough to rate a shark. It might be a boring formula but it probably gets you closer to the truth than it would if you start including all that other stuff (kills,rpd,ft etc..)
            Just keep making me money and I'll agree with anything you say Mantra! :P
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

probably doesnt belong in this thread, but a couple things:

- can we get a list for the top VC changes for basers?
              - can you combine all the money earned from the 3 divisions (stock, bets, dreamteam) and find the person who is winning overall?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I lost 70 something points as a lb-fighter ship, I have not played any fighter ships?

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Good idea zeebu, Il put that in.

Rednaz, the match results say you went 0-1 in spider. Did this not happen?
                  Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                  TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

I was subbed in, maybe killed on spawn and switched to shark. Don't see how that warrants a 70+ decrease

Comment

If it was possible to know how long you were in for, it could be fixed as the current algorithm assumes your 0-1 was for the whole match. What change would you suggest? I ignore all players with less than 1 death?

In other matches Ive noticed 0-0 players, I dont take these into account at all as I assume players have been subbed at the start, or added at the very last second for a joke. The only solution I can think of is have a minimum amount of kills, say 5? (this wont apply to sharks)

All in all, this wouldn't be a factor if the captains/assistants doing line:
                      1) Had there line sorted from the start with players in their correct ships and all present.
                      2) Didn't sub or change ship people at the last few seconds for a joke.

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

Comment

maybe just ignore anything that has a combined kills+deaths of 3 or less or something

but, it probably isnt worth it to begin with.

i also noticed that you updated the site with a couple of the items i suggested. neato torpedo

one question, do the VCs for all people go for only the previous week or all weeks combined?

Comment

Heh, I was going to do a news post saying about the new stats pages. I will do for the people that dont check the forums.

And the current VC's that are shown are just the current weeks VC. But I have been storing Total VC for every player since the start

Thinking about it, it would be better shown on the top highest 20 player values stat page instead of showing the current weeks vc?

Comment

lists arent tough, especially if youve already got the information.

i wouldnt mind seeing pretty much everything, or have the ability to dig through it all to see evreything somehow.

it could be fun to see how bad some people are doing as well.

so far though, i like it. keep up the good work ard

Comment

Working...
                            X