Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL-D Hot or Not Week 3

TWL-D Regular Season Week 3 ::::: Hot or Not :::::

Well this was a week of pretty obvious wins in TWL-D anyways, the squads that were supposed to win ended up winning and there wasn't really a whole lot of excitement. The fact that the closest game was Thunder vs Syne sorta illustrates that point much better than anything I could come up with. Still I ended up 5/5 this week in predictions so no skin off my back. Also, I would like to thank Izor, Hate The Fake, Vys, Scoop, and Jones for giving me some comments about the games I couldn't watch today, I appreciate it.

Featured Game ::::: Heavy vs Dynasty :::::

What I thought was going to be the best game of the week happened to be, for the first half of the game anyways. And then some seriously bad captaining came into play as Ravage leapt into action on behalf of his struggling warbirds. Regen (0-4) was subbed out for KickAshMan and Weak (3-7) was subbed out for Connection, who both had terrible games on top of the terrible games the original starters were having. Now I guess that would have been alright if not for the obviously better and more active warbirds Exalt and Kid Kaos who were sitting in spec dumbfounded over the terrible subbing selections of Ravage. The only redeeming player on Dynasty happened to be Geza who even without a lack of a competant team ended up going 16-10. Needless to say after these subs occured Heavy went on a Rampage led by team Captain Apok who finished with a very nice 18-6, and Racka who ended up with a 9-3. Annoyance and Kthx (6-9 and 6-8 respectively) didn't add too much to the killing but still managed to stay in the game and added in to the teaming. The highlights of the game were when Weak complained about spawns after being subbed, welcome to TWL son. And when Ravage said that he should have subbed himself in, as if that would have changed matters at all instead of making them even worse. So with this game over there are now only two perfect teams in TWLD, Quake and Heavy, and both have fairly easy matches in week 4 to look forward to. Oh and one last thing, TNTBencha, next week when you are riding the pine for better warbirds, show some respect for the captains who made your only good starting lineup the good players they are today, thanks.

Final Score: Heavy - 50 : Dynasty - 36.

Pirates vs Sweet :::::

So we finally found out the answer to the age old riddle of "how many sweet players does it take to get 10 kills".. apparently the answer is 5. Jones is the only player on Sweet worth mentioning outside of the Not section this week as Vys went on a rampage with a 14-2 showing. After the start of the round it was obvious this was going to be a blowout when even Chuckle managed to go positive, after the mid point of the round Sweet never came within 10 of Pirates to pretty much show Sweet where they were ranked in terms of where they are ranked in TWLD this season. I honestly expected a better outing from Sweet this week after coming off of a decent win this week and I was sorely dissapointed. I guess I will have to think again before tossing this squad a bone in featured matches from now on, after seeing this match. Pirates now have two really dominating weeks a row in TWLD with Vys shaking off the TWL jitters and I think if I were to re-rank the squads they would move up a few slots probably into Sake's spot who has trouble showing even 2-3/5 starters every week.

Final Score: Pirates - 50 : Sweet - 28

Quake vs Disoblige :::::

Apparently Disoblige doesn't know the meaning of the word sub when it comes to Displaced terrible performance. I felt glued to the screen watching Displaced choke this round going from 0-3, to 0-5, to 2-7, to 2-9, to end up 3-10. On top of this Da1andonly died out before he did (a matter of mere seconds) which didn't help matters one bit. Anyways this was the Skepsis/Reaver/Vash show as Skepsis MVP'd with 17-8, Reaver got 13-4, and Vash got 10-6. Ignite hopped in and tried his best when it was 5v2 and ended up 1-2 as Rednaz tried his best to break some wrists towards the end of the game to no avail. When Obrama is your teams MVP you know you are in trouble in a game, as in as TWL season as a whole. Basically the tempo of this game was Quake rape rushing and Disoblige desperately trying to form some sort of cohesive teaming as they were teamed out inhumanely. Im not sure whether Raspi was just having a bad day or couldn't get a kill because Skepsis was taking them all but it was a far cry from lasts weeks 16-4. Either way Disoblige sinks to -3 with the lines of Rape and Syne, and Quake takes up residence in the top spot along with Heavy.

Final Score: Quake - 50 : Disoblige - 31

Sake vs Rape :::::

Safia.... hey Safiiiia, the yellow dots are your friends, that is the most important lesson in this game as Rape got completely raped from poor teaming as Safia tried to save her lives until the end so she could be a hero. The match was pretty slow and boring but fairly close until around the halfway points and this is where Sake's experience kicked in and Rape got out teamed and out played. PureOwnage choked after having a pretty decent week 2, and War finally got some e-cred back after pulling out a 10-4 after the awful week 2 that he had. Sunny D played a damn good sub going 10-4 off of Halls 0-4 start. The most frustrating thing for Sake is not getting a chance to play their real starting line though, this is the second week in a row without two of their best players on and it is really going to hurt them against some of the better squads if they don't get that issue in order. Either way Pascone nabbed the MVP with a 14-10 and that was game over for Rape as Sake moves up to tie in second place in the league with a 2-0, and Rape sits firmly in the bottem rung. Maybe Rape should think about play DA over some of the terrible people they have been starting and they might end up beating atleast Syne and Disoblige. Oh and as a parting shot, Sention > Tanzu. GG.

Final Score: Sake - 50 : Rape - 36

Thunder vs Syne :::::

The closest match of the week for some reason as Paky Dude manages to lead his team to 40 kills against a much stronger Thunder lineup. That 11-10 was no match for the 25-14 performance of Creature and Baserman75. Ardour started off the match strong with a 4-1 and then ended up with a 9-9 but at least he managed to stay in the game, and Yakuza had a very very poor performance perhaps underestimating one of the worst squads in the league with his terrible 6-10. This was hardly Thunders strongest performance and it makes me believe that without Ease on that they aren't really capable of hanging with the big dogs this year in TWL. Vitja had some trouble early on only managing to get a few kills, until after the mid point where he decided to actually move forward to get a few suicides. Still props to Empion who played a big role in this match going 8-6 in for a sub from ZERO who ironically got 0 kills. But hey, Syne stuck with it even though Rasaq left (bad) Flew left (good) and Wage left (good) and ended up playing better than any week before possibly because of that. So Thunder ends up 2-1 and Syne ends up 0-3.

Final Score: Thunder - 50 : Syne - 41

Well this is the first week that I am going to do a 2fer in TWLD Hot section, but both of these players really deserve it for having incredible records and leading their respective teams into victory.

Hot Player(S) of the Week :::::

Vys: With a 14-2 record there is no doubt that a big part of Pirates dominant win over Sweet today was because of this player, a huge 7:1 ratio makes some people take back what they had said about Vys after his week 1 performance. Like I said above I think his TWL jitters are gone and he might actually be a dominant factor for Pirates this TWLD.

Apok: 18-6 is a HUGE number for TWLD, and Apok managed to get 18 kills today against Dynasty helping to lead his team to a big victory. This is his first BIG rec this TWLD season and I guess he was due for a big game eventually.

Not SQUAD of the Week :::::

Sweet: 5 players + 10 kills = one pissed off Jones, you guys can't rely on him to be the only one to go = or + every week if you want to do well in this league, and the fact that he pulled off 10 kills with the embarassing showing you guys had is just amazing, so I give props to Jones... however, Dak, Fujiwara, Saetep, Lame, Spaceship.. you should not say a word for the entire week in pennance for playing so bad. And Spaceshit, if you are going to go 1-6, don't talk shit, you fucking moron.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

didn't know that i was on syne this season.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wage View Post
      didn't know that i was on syne this season.....
      don't think anyone knows who u are at all anyway, wark just substituted newbie A with newbie D in this case, not like it makes a difference
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

some other terrible W player, sorry if I can't keep a list of terrible players in my head.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Good reads wark. but if our team would have showed up a little better I think It would have been a lot closer. I mean I dropped 16 and it wasn't even a close game..That kind of hurts my feelings. I dont like playing the role player position really. Carrying kind of gets old. Hopefully in the up-coming weeks people step the fuck up or move the fuck out.

Comment

Lol Geio, what I said is the exact reason you lost by that much, it would have been a much closer game if you didn't have a moron subbing in rusted players over much better birds, I can't really be much nicer than I was to you guys as I realize that your cap is a moron.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Yeah well hopefully they take this assbeating harshly..maybe adding fuel to their turbine engines giving them supernatural fingers..previaling wins against upcoming squads..That would be nice. Hopefully they can use your bashing as a sign of improvement. I think I did

Comment

the 'roleplayer' position would be the person who doesnt really have a good statistical game but manages to team very well and help out their teammates. What I did to you guys could be considered being a 'roleplayer' because i mostly split up a couple newbies here and there and apok took care of the rest. chuckle vs sweet could be called a 'roleplayer' cause unless he was just terrible at dodging he seemed like he was taking the majority of the bullets while his team did the killing. Unless MetalKid has his own role youre getting your terms confused
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                  the 'roleplayer' position would be the person who doesnt really have a good statistical game but manages to team very well and help out their teammates. What I did to you guys could be considered being a 'roleplayer' because i mostly split up a couple newbies here and there and apok took care of the rest. chuckle vs sweet could be called a 'roleplayer' cause unless he was just terrible at dodging he seemed like he was taking the majority of the bullets while his team did the killing. Unless MetalKid has his own role youre getting your terms confused
                  hahahahahahahahahah this kid cant be serious ahhahahahahahahaha
                  Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

im explaining that in terms of basketball, which is the definition...now stfu newbie go play syne or rape and think you're amazing
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

One thing kthx, connection subbed in for regen and KAM subbd in for weak. You got those two switched. Good reads tho keep it up.
                      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                        actually that is what i do. ask any wb on pirates what the point of adding me is. plus i have never gone negative yet this year and dont die out fast. gee izor isnt a completely stupid hick after all. regardless, get good izor you fucking newbie
                        Last edited by Chuckle; 01-12-2009, 05:02 AM.
                        TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckle View Post
                          actually that is what i do. ask any wb on pirates what the point of adding me is.
                          3:vys> dunno why we add chuckle
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                            3:Vys> dunno why we add chuckle
                            did you really save quote to use on me:wub:

i have one for you too
                            1:Mattey> wark and i are old school buddies but i gotta admit he is only good at turretwars

and another one
                            BiKe> these quicksand players are a sack of shit. make this game totally unfun

and one last one
                            1:RaCka> wark was the worst player on qs

oh i found another one
                            1:Izor> wark is fucking horrible at wbs. he's only funny
                            TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

7:scoop> ya
                              7:Kthx> this is classic
                              7:Mattey> twl forums
                              7:Kthx> yeah I know :P
                              7:RaCka> which thread
                              7:Kthx> the vys comment
                              7:scoop> hes like scoop mattey insult kthx on forums now!
                              7:Mattey> hes gonna fake quote me
                              7:Kthx> LOL
                              7:scoop> hes about to fake quote us now i think
                              7:Mattey> yeap
                              7:Kthx> LOOOOOL
                              7:scoop> mattey just outright said no. I just said I'm afk i cant
                              7:scoop> 1:chuckle> lol i just made up 4 quotes
                              7:RaCka> LOLOL
                              7:Mattey> dude im cracking up
                              7:Kthx> already beat you to it
                              3:spearchucker> lol
                              7:Kthx> look on forums
                              7:Kthx> LOL
                              7:RaCka> WHICH THREAD
                              7:scoop> WARK U DICK
                              7:Kthx> LOOOOOL
                              7:scoop> LOOL take that off
                              7:Mattey> hahahaha
                              7:scoop> LOOOOOOOOOOL
                              3:spearchucker> who else would have such a bad ass name ex? lol
                              7:RaCka> WHICH THREAD HOLY SHIT
                              7:Kthx> ok ok ill edit it
                              7:Mattey> holyt shit
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X