TWL-D Hot or Not Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL-D Hot or Not Week 4

Since its Kthx's birthday today and I know he wasnt on for a lot of the games, I've taken the liberty of writing this column for him. Hope you enjoy, but at the same time i dont really give a shit.

TWL-D Regular Season Week 4 ::::: Hot or Not :::::

This week ended up really showing us who we didn’t expect coming into the week is in the playoff race (Thunder, Dynasty) and who we thought was going to be in the playoff race but wont be unless they start getting people to show for games (Sake). It also showed us what squad needs to find a stable line that has consistent teaming (Heavy, Sweet) and most importantly, who LD’s version of the Detroit Lions is (Disoblige).

Featured Game ::::: Dynasty vs Sake :::::

Sake started out in this one being very dominant, with ripper having a rec of 7-1. Unfortunately for them, War continued his terrible season and had to be subbed out by Sention, who might actually be even less skilled. Shortly after the good start for Sake it became very obvious that Dynasty was the more cohesive unit, and that Exalt simply wasn’t going to be stopped. Everything they did put Sake on their heels, and although Exalt gets most of the credit with his 18 kills, a lot of solid teamwork and luring from the rest of the team made it possible. P.S. Sake its great that you got Mega Newbie to log on and play a game for once, but if you had Deluge in that 5th spot the game easily could have turned the other way. Get him to log on, will you?

Final Score: Dynasty - 50 : Sake - 38

Thunder vs Heavy :::::

Thunder had a lot to prove this week after letting lowly Syne put up 40 on them last week and losing to Dynasty the week before. With the help of Heavy not teaming, they managed to do just fine setting what could possibly be an interesting scenario for the playoffs now that Dynasty, Heavy, and Thunder have all tied each other in head to head. Back to the game though, it started out pretty even on the scoreboard, but Annoyance and Izor very quickly got to 9 deaths while beam and RaCka were both sitting nicely with 4. As if that wasn’t bad enough, no one decided to help either of them out and Annoyance soon died out and Izor proceeded to get raped 4v1 in a corner (after juking the first 3). The rest of the game was fairly routine with Thunder picking apart Heavy’s birds in a 5v3. RaCka, beam, and Apok managed to get a few Thunder warbirds out when the game was pretty much out of reach, but in the end it boiled down to King RaCka vs Burnt and Vitja, who despite being up 47-42 decided to run away from him. Not that it mattered anyway as they handled business and ended up winning 50-42, but the lack of fortitude was entertaining for a minute.

Final Score: Thunder - 50 : Heavy - 42

Rape vs Pirates :::::

I don’t know what you expect me to write about this game. Everyone knew that Rape was going to lose pretty badly and they did. When I got to this game chokle had the mvp if that’s any indication of how terrible it was. Solid outing from Pirates…teamwork looked good and really there was no reason for it not to. Next week vs Dynasty should be another challenge for you like Quake in week 1, though.

Final Score: Pirates - 50 : Rape - 31

Sweet vs Quake :::::

Quake had a huge problem going to this game…how would they deal with their assistant captain ignite being banished to Extreme Games due to spamming players that were above his level earlier in the day? He answered my question with the following quote: (ignite)> ill be commanding my squadron from my friends webcam, thanks for your concern! After knowing that their fearless leader was still around, Quake still managed to look shaky at the start vs a relatively weak Sweet lineup. Toward the middle of the game when it was still close though, Sweet decided to sub out 1-5 Riverside and Spaceship for Set it Off and Lame. From that point, Quake proceeded to manhandle everyone but Caos, who was running around vulching people who killed his newbie teammates. Things got progressively worse as Set it Off thought it was a good idea to suicide his last life away at Reaver and found himself in spec. After Deez Nuts and company started to clean up the rest of the trash, I started worrying about my TWLM team because Caos had 4 deaths left and likes to run around and pad his stats when the opposing team has already won and doesn’t care about letting him get a kill on a suicide. Deez did a good job of staying disciplined and improved his record to 15-2 while gaining me a fairly large amount of TWLM cash in the process.

Final Score: Quake - 50 : Sweet - 38

Syne vs Disoblige :::::

While this match had no playoff implications, it still ended up being interesting because it potentially decided who the worst squad is this TWLD season. I personally couldn’t be bothered with watching this terrible game while dynasty vs sake was on in ?go twld2. This might have been a bad decision, because it seems on paper like it wasn’t a bad game at all, or more accurately, it was at least a close game. Paky and golden duck did most of the work combining for 27 kills here, but overall it looked like everyone did their part and Disoblige is just terrible. Seriously, barring an upset in week 6 when you play Rape, you guys are most likely going to go 0-9. Just thought I’d let you know that now so you can get prepared for the chance of salvaging your season.

Final Score: Syne - 50 : Disoblige - 45

Hot Player of the Week ::::: Exalt :::::

This ended up being a difficult choice between Deez Nuts and Exalt, but Exalt’s 18-9 performance truly had a bigger impact on his game. He was hitting rushes, making excellent radar shots, and anything else Dynasty needed from him as he helped them overcome an early deficit and pull away with their game vs Sake and end up with a 3-1 record. Honorable mention would obviously have to go to Deez Nuts for his 15-2 against Sweet, and again good job getting your maximum TWLM value by not dying to newbie Caos at the end.

Not Player(s) of the Week ::::: Set it Off/Lame :::::

This was much harder than the Hot player of the week this week, as no ones record singlehandedly did their team in. I will say though, when you 2 subbed in your team was in considerably better shape than it was 1 minute after you subbed in. Suiciding on your last death to someone who isnt on their last death while you’re losing is retarded and no one that’s playing in TWL should ever make that mistake. All this being said, Caos wasn’t helping the team out any by hiding behind you and vulching off your deaths so that he could get raped at the end of the game 3v1. Honorable mentions this week go to Rippers 8-1 to 9-10 choke job and Heavy’s lack of teaming
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Izor first of all why isnt kthx in over beam? Sure beam might go 1:1 MAYBE. The fact of the matter is kthx trades in his deaths for serious team vulches/saves. so maybe heavy will go back to the unit they used against dynasty, and totally obliterate the competition. We will see. Yes exalt deserves Hott player, although he wouldn't have done it without me and regens finger snapping bone poppin wrest breaking dodges..setting up easy outnumbered team kills.

Comment

Appreciate the write up, I was pretty much not feeling like doing it this week considering I only got to watch 3/5 games and I am exhausted from dealing with my family at my house all day. Good stuff.

I was going to make Ripper the Not because he went from 8-1 to 9-10, but I guess with Exalt dominating it didn't have that much of a factor in the end.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

is it just me or are all the ex qs members owning up twl each week?
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I credit half of exalts kills to my superb luring.
          2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Good writing.
            Btw I think you can't leave two guys in that are 2-10 combined while we are trying to catch up. I do agree that we (me and SIO) should've stayed alive longer. But sometimes it's hard to get out of spawn arena with enemies surrounded and no teammates to keep you alive .
            Hope we will do better next week.
            Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
            Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
            Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
            Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Comment

re

why isn't izor in the NOT section for being a newb.
              TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
              TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
              KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
              1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
              1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

The hot or not section on the website is now up...does anyone know what happened to week 4 hot or not twlj?
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                  The hot or not section on the website is now up...does anyone know what happened to week 4 hot or not twlj?
                  one thing about this, the old website let you look at the previous week's not or nots too. can we do that/is that going to happen?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                    one thing about this, the old website let you look at the previous week's not or nots too. can we do that/is that going to happen?
                    Ya this is in the works.

Kitty> true

Comment

Yeah I am going to get cracking on this sometime this week, ill move all the Hot or Not threads to the twlsite, I think someone said I had powers there.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        Yeah I am going to get cracking on this sometime this week, ill move all the Hot or Not threads to the twlsite, I think someone said I had powers there.
                        way ahead of you there already I think nearly all of them have been moved.

Kitty> true

Comment

nice nice, thanks, been kinda busy this week.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                          X