Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disscussion: The New TWL Site

twl.trenchwars.org

So I'm sure most of you have seen the new TWL website. It has been a huge undertaking by all involved and I thank you guys for your patience. In this thread I will outline the various features the website will have and walk you through how the process will work with TWL. Some of you may already know about these features, but I'm going to include them here anyway.

New Features:

-Eligibility check/Roser/soft/hard lock: the website will now automatically check when a player is eligible to play based on the time he joined the squad. It will not allow him to be added to the TWL roster until he has sat through 1 Round of TWL games. Soft and Hard lock will also be monitored by the website, so no more confusing posts and unecessary forfeits because no one knows who can play and who cant.

-Timezone converter-the site will know what timezone you live in and adjust game times so that they show in your time.

-Automatic match generator:Instead of staff picking who plays who, the website automatically randomizes the line up.

-Hall of Fame: This list is compiled by a select group of committee members in order to honor past TWL players and squads.

-TWL match data: From now on, the new website will save all TWL season matches and statistics. (You can also see news from Season 5 now too).

-Featured Matches: This section will cover the biggest TWL games of each weekend and what is the match-up to watch.

-Trench Wars League Manager: Yes, it's back! Thanks to Ardour's hard work and dedication to past TWLM seasons, he has coded an entirely new TWLM website for us. It also includes cool new features like a stock market and a betting feature to bet on things like who will be MVP and who will win a match.

-the biggest change is behind the scenes; much easier and smarter (and working!) Admin controls to help staff run things smoothly. There is much more flexibility allowed within the controls. For instance, if needed, we could have the divisions set to different TWL rounds. There are also neat features that you wont be able to see like a minimum games filter, a Replace Squad feature that will ensure all match data is transferred correctly, and the ability for TWL Staff writers to update their posts on their own, without having to dig through the coding.

This all makes for a smoother and faster TWL when different situations arise. (Before we always had to wait for the person with the correct access and knowledge to fix things for us).

Old Features that will come back later in the TWL Season:

-HoN updated by the writers-[COMPLETE]
    -On The Move-will have to be next season since it's pointless now
    -all tabs will be updated with the correct information-nearly done
    -Player statistics-in the works
    -Predictions with each match[COMPLETE]
    -and I'm sure more later, but this is what we are working on now.
    Last edited by MirrorriM; 01-29-2009, 04:50 PM.

Just a thing I saw that might need noticing:

When checking scores for the lj and lb's, they don't show final scores (ie: 50:47, or 15:00 : 13:00, stuff like that), or mvp's and what-not, just player stats.

If they are going to be there, then ignore me!
    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

ardour's hot
      lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
        twl.trenchwars.org

So I'm sure most of you have seen the new TWL website. It has been a huge undertaking by all involved and I thank you guys for your patience. In this thread I will outline the various features the website will have and walk you through how the process will work with TWL. Some of you may already know about these features, but I'm going to include them here anyway.

New Features:

-Eligibility check/Roser/soft/hard lock: the website will now automatically check when a player is eligible to play based on the time he joined the squad. It will not allow him to be added to the TWL roster until he has sat through 1 Round of TWL games. Soft and Hard lock will also be monitored by the website, so no more confusing posts and unecessary forfeits because no one knows who can play and who cant.

-Timezone converter-the site will know what timezone you live in and adjust game times so that they show in your time.

-Automatic match generator:Instead of staff picking who plays who, the website automatically randomizes the line up.

-Hall of Fame: This list is compiled by a select group of committee members in order to honor past TWL players and squads.

-TWL match data: From now on, the new website will save all TWL season matches and statistics. (You can also see news from Season 5 now too).

-Featured Matches: This section will cover the biggest TWL games of each weekend and what is the match-up to watch.

-Trench Wars League Manager: Yes, it's back! Thanks to Ardour's hard work and dedication to past TWLM seasons, he has coded an entirely new TWLM website for us. It also includes cool new features like a stock market and a betting feature to bet on things like who will be MVP and who will win a match. [Note: Due to coding and access restrictions, unfortunately for this TWL season the TWLM Dream Team feature is available only for LD and LJ.]

-the biggest change is behind the scenes; much easier and smarter (and working!) Admin controls to help staff run things smoothly. There is much more flexibility allowed within the controls. For instance, if needed, we could have the divisions set to different TWL rounds. There are also neat features that you wont be able to see like a minimum games filter, a Replace Squad feature that will ensure all match data is transferred correctly, and the ability for TWL Staff writers to update their posts on their own, without having to dig through the coding.

This all makes for a smoother and faster TWL when different situations arise. (Before we always had to wait for the person with the correct access and knowledge to fix things for us).

Things to know about the new TWL website right now:

The major stuff has been coded, but the little things like links to HoN, TWL Staff, etc have not been set up yet. Also, if you see a squad listed as in TWL when it isnt, or you see a game set up that shouldnt be, dont worry--we are just testing all of these new features as much as we can. When the website is fully online, we will let you know!
        Staff never decided who played who. There was a predetermined setup of a vs b, c vs d, etc and the squads were just plugged in based on final standings
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

I was also here for seasons where we did pick who played who. Granted, we did try to make the match ups as fair as possible.

Comment

Scores aren't being shown for LB matches, unless I am just missing them entirely?

Comment

this site doesn't show anything for me
              where's the matches? i dont see anything
              1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
              1:Cower> Sword
              1:Kthx> ok
              1:Cower> Axe
              1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
              1:Cower> ?
              1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Great new website, it looks awesome and these added features sound pretty cool.

Out of curiosity, did we lose the "On the Move" page that we had in the old website?? It's possible that I'm overlooking the link, but I personally thought it was handy to see who was going where.

Comment

New site sucks for reasons that Paul mentioned. I don't wander around a TWL site in my free time so I don't care what it looks like as long as it gets me the information I want: an organized compilation of TWL results.

Comment

For now, if you want to see match stats, click the tab titled "Schedule" and then click the tab TWDD, TWJD, or TWBD. That will show you the matches that have been played. Then you can click on an individual match to see the stats.

Or, you can just click on a game found on the home page...

Things to know about the new TWL website right now:

The major stuff has been coded, but the little things like links to HoN, TWL Staff, etc have not been set up yet.
                    On the Move is a feature that will not come with this new website. In the interest of time, we had to cut some features out. It may come back in future seasons.

Comment

Bascially we are frantically trying to finish the site in time for TWL...panic ye not all the stats will hopefully be sorted by then
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Hey!

Where is the played match Paladen-Fate? I can't find it on the website

Comment

Were can I find the TWLM section? or isn't it up yet?
                          and the dutch time for that shite is incorrect I believe, it has to be because we're 1 hour earlier then Finland yet on the site it's the same and my computertime is also 1 hour earlier then those times...
                          TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                          TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                          TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                          First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Originally posted by Cremation View Post
                            Great new website, it looks awesome and these added features sound pretty cool.

Out of curiosity, did we lose the "On the Move" page that we had in the old website?? It's possible that I'm overlooking the link, but I personally thought it was handy to see who was going where.
                            this
                            Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                              On the Move is a feature that will not come with this new website. In the interest of time, we had to cut some features out. It may come back in future seasons.
                              Wait, why can't you just use this:
                              but make it also visible to the public eye. It's essentially the same concept, and your newer feature should be even more detailed, since the old TWL site only showed the joined/left dates, and this one evidently lists even the time. IMO the on the move section was one of the more useful features in the old TWL site. Hell even in off season sometimes I would check it to see who's left my squad recently out of curiosity.
                              Originally posted by paradise!
                              pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                              1:Reaver> HALP
                              1:Reaver> HELELP
                              1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                              1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Working...
                              X