Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of my squads f*cked over again by staff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my squads f*cked over again by staff...

So, this time it wasn't Build getting knocked out of LB because we weren't "basers or a challenge" but because we failed to add the fifth player as the game begun. Today, we had five and were ready to play Sake to battle it out til I couldn't add Liquify. It appeared that he wasn't registered because he has a sibling that plays as well. He goes to ?go twd and tries to register... Doesn't work because it says he needs to reset his siblings account before he can successfully register. Anyhow, he used two total help calls back to back before getting a response only 5 minutes after the help call. He was registered and added to the IP ADDRESS and was told to go to ?Go TWLD immediately. He said he got disconnected, so he logged back in and typed ?go TWLD quick but it was too late. The bot isn't "wrong" right? So, why did the game ready? We had a minimum of four, correct? I thought, you had two chances before you get kicked out of TWL. Anyhow, we had five people to play with but HTF and Mirrorrim thought it was more necessary to end the game to go by the "rules".. All of a sudden, they have to go by the rules when knowing Quicksand had done 4v5 whole season long in the previous TWL.

Okay, since we are going by the rules.. Lets take a quick look at it then, shall we?

I) If a squad does not field the maximum number of players in the appropriate league division at the start of the game (see Rule 3.01), the squad is thus warned that if said squad is unable to provide the maximum number of players a second time, the aforementioned squad will be terminated from that league division. Note: if a player comes late to the game, it will still count as a warning.

II) A squad is allowed to play 5 vs. 4 (TWLD and TWLJ) or 8 vs. 7 (TWLB), but if a squad is unable to provide the minimum number of players for a game, the match will be forfeited. If it happens again in the same league division, the squad will be terminated from that league division.

In our "first offense," we apparently played Heavy but we were NEVER warned. I don't recall golden duck getting a warning for that match since he was the only captain available the day of. Nor did I ever receive any ?messages regarding the warning. The host and Mirrorrim should get together and abide by the rules that they have laid out. Our player came 1 second late because of a slow response by staff and that should be a warning. We still played a minimum of 4 players while the game readied! Even Sake members were saying start the game and give us another chance. We play the game to have fun, if we do have rules, follow your own effin rules.
    Mr. Arrogant 2 entered arena

Paky Dude> asdfasdf
    Paky Dude> sdfasdkl;fasdklfjkl
    Paky Dude> asl'fjalsdkfjkldfj
    Paky Dude> jfalsfjklasdjfklsdfj
    Paky Dude> now gtfo

Mr. Arrogant 2 left arena

Staff's Fault too

Originally posted by Paky Dude View Post
    So, this time it wasn't Build getting knocked out of LB because we weren't "basers or a challenge" but because we failed to add the fifth player as the game begun. Today, we had five and were ready to play Sake to battle it out til I couldn't add Liquify. It appeared that he wasn't registered because he has a sibling that plays as well. He goes to ?go twd and tries to register... Doesn't work because it says he needs to reset his siblings account before he can successfully register. Anyhow, he used two total help calls back to back before getting a response only 5 minutes after the help call. He was registered and added to the IP ADDRESS and was told to go to ?Go TWLD immediately. He said he got disconnected, so he logged back in and typed ?go TWLD quick but it was too late. The bot isn't "wrong" right? So, why did the game ready? We had a minimum of four, correct? I thought, you had two chances before you get kicked out of TWL. Anyhow, we had five people to play with but HTF and Mirrorrim thought it was more necessary to end the game to go by the "rules".. All of a sudden, they have to go by the rules when knowing Quicksand had done 4v5 whole season long in the previous TWL.

Okay, since we are going by the rules.. Lets take a quick look at it then, shall we?

I) If a squad does not field the maximum number of players in the appropriate league division at the start of the game (see Rule 3.01), the squad is thus warned that if said squad is unable to provide the maximum number of players a second time, the aforementioned squad will be terminated from that league division. Note: if a player comes late to the game, it will still count as a warning.

II) A squad is allowed to play 5 vs. 4 (TWLD and TWLJ) or 8 vs. 7 (TWLB), but if a squad is unable to provide the minimum number of players for a game, the match will be forfeited. If it happens again in the same league division, the squad will be terminated from that league division.

In our "first offense," we apparently played Heavy but we were NEVER warned. I don't recall golden duck getting a warning for that match since he was the only captain available the day of. Nor did I ever receive any ?messages regarding the warning. The host and Mirrorrim should get together and abide by the rules that they have laid out. Our player came 1 second late because of a slow response by staff and that should be a warning. We still played a minimum of 4 players while the game readied! Even Sake members were saying start the game and give us another chance. We play the game to have fun, if we do have rules, follow your own effin rules.
    Just let him finish out the season. He had 5 players in the arena. Why be such a stickler with the rules. Especially for a non-contender squad like Syne. Why is staff so eager to kick them out and follow the rules in this situation but not abide by the rules or bend them in others? The man had 5 players show up, and it was staff's fault for it's ineptitude to handle Liquify's situation on time that made him unable to play.

Sure, syne may be disorganized, but they are a small squad and they usually have the same core five show up every match. They had them show up this weekend and the reason they forfeit was because of staff slowness, not because they didn't have enough. Give them a second chance.

Comment

second chance
      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

They already had a second chance, that was today. How many chances are we going to give them?
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
          They already had a second chance, that was today. How many chances are we going to give them?
          better than putting asevoimat or w/e in their place. lets get serious
          zidane> big play
          Omega Red> dwop sick
          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

It's Whiskeyjack apparently, and I can't argue that, but maybe they can show 5 every week. It isn't really like it matters at this point.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
              It's Whiskeyjack apparently, and I can't argue that, but maybe they can show 5 every week. It isn't really like it matters at this point.
              They'll show 5, once they hear they in twl and Rape is their game, they'll get active and shit. I can see them beating Rape too if they bring their A game - don't think they can take us Pirates though! B)
              7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
              7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
              7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
              7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
              1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

You basically answer all your questions yourself by posting the rule, but since you cant see it...

Today, we had five and were ready to play Sake to battle it out til I couldn't add Liquify. It appeared that he wasn't registered because he has a sibling that plays as well. He goes to ?go twd and tries to register...
                First, why, if he is on your TWL roster, wasnt he registered? This is not anyone else's fault but his own for being unprepared. Second, I answered that call and registered him immediately, then subsequently spammed him to go to his TWLD game. I even told his squad to spam him. When I answered the call, he had a good 3 minutes to get to his game. He didnt make it for whatever reason.

I thought, you had two chances before you get kicked out of TWL. Anyhow, we had five people to play with but HTF and Mirrorrim thought it was more necessary to end the game to go by the "rules"..
                You posted the rule yourself. By agreeing to participate in TWL, you agree to all TWL rules. Being warned by a ref is a courtesy, and it is stated clearly that you get 1 chance and if it happens again, youre out.

All of a sudden, they have to go by the rules when knowing Quicksand had done 4v5 whole season long in the previous TWL.
                Seriously?

--------------------

Since you decided to bring this up, even if Liquify was registered and did show up for his game on time, Syne would have been disqualified. After the forfeit I checked Liquify's background and turns out he was doublesquadding. This would have knocked Syne out anyway.

I'm glad syne stuck it out for so long, but the only person to blame is yourself for not being better prepared.
                Last edited by MirrorriM; 02-09-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                  After the forfeit I checked Liquify's background and turns out he was doublesquadding.
                  lol owned
                  TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

No, it was because you didnt have the minimum rostered last season.
                    wrong. build and juice were in contention for the last twlb spot, and pascone chose juice (even though build was ranked higher) because they are supposed to be better at basing (and promptly went... 1-5? 0-6? before dissolving). you are thinking of when build was jewed out of playoffs by disofag's digging up of the rules, finding the "minimum 8 rostered" rule even though it's obviously only there to be fair to the lb teams. we showed 5 for ld every week, without problem or exception.

After the forfeit I checked Liquify's background and turns out he was doublesquadding.
                    um, isn't he "double squadding" cuz of his brother? which was the whole problem? not that i'm saying he's telling the truth, but at least it's consistent.
                    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

If his brother is Solidify I will laugh so hard.
                      Originally posted by paradise!
                      pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                      1:Reaver> HALP
                      1:Reaver> HELELP
                      1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                      1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                        wrong. build and juice were in contention for the last twlb spot, and pascone chose juice (even though build was ranked higher) because they are supposed to be better at basing (and promptly went... 1-5? 0-6? before dissolving). you are thinking of when build was jewed out of playoffs by disofag's digging up of the rules, finding the "minimum 8 rostered" rule even though it's obviously only there to be fair to the lb teams. we showed 5 for ld every week, without problem or exception.
                        Ah, ok. I was thinking about the Diso one.

um, isn't he "double squadding" cuz of his brother? which was the whole problem? not that i'm saying he's telling the truth, but at least it's consistent.
                        It wasnt his brother's name that was found to be on another squad--a 3rd name was registered.

Comment

I stand corrected.

Comment

It wasnt his brother's name that was found to be on another squad--a 3rd name was registered.
                            fuck you liquify, thanks for fucking over twl. good thing your squad isn't worth shit.
                            Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Working...
                            X