• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twl Hot Or Not Thread

Well to break it down

Quake = Hot as always
    Heavy = Not -_-

Why talk if you can't victory? I mean fer realz week by week trash talking Quake everytime we won. Then as the day grew closer you were like yeah "quack just gettin lucky cuz they got all ez matches but we gonna rape them like eztrash" blah blah blah QQ
    Good Game, go back to chasing pigs.

LOL HEAVY WHERE YOU GOIN? NOWHERE.
    IF YOU EVER DREAM OF BEATING ME, YOU BETTER WAKE UP AND APOLOGIZE.

1:Vermillion Flame> crap, why is it so hard to grab just one newbie lol

1:Vermillion Flame> i've noticed that. a real lack of supply of players here

1:Vermillion Flame> i never thought a single newbie could be so precious
    yo dog, I heard you like driving, so we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive
    Originally posted by tone
    no you son of a bitch debunker

What a bunch of lame quacks
    Raazi> this is the only place men chase jessup

Comment

HEAVY is lucky that DEEZ NUTS wasn't in for 3-10 Peru because he would have made damn sure that game was 50-30 instead of 50-38

Comment

Thats your fault for not subbing him lucky your incompetence didn't cost you the match ignite
        [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

Originally posted by Unabled View Post
          Thats your fault for not subbing him lucky your incompetence didn't cost you the match ignite
          I saved the best sub for last. Myself knocking out their best two warbirds Apok and Racka 1v1 each.

Comment

Too eZ

Bah so ez Heavy..... even when peru just play with one hand and make 3/10 .. the game still so ez... also my mvp was so ez because ignite sub my las 2.. so probly my real score could be like 15/8 not 13/8 but ok ignite just get the 2 kills so ez.. this twl so ez .

Comment

racka ate 2 of mine as he was running at the end so i believe i was the true MVP, but whaaatever guero, whaaatever
              Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

I really enjoy this back and forth we got going on because it makes things interesting in a league where the caliber of player is less than exciting
                -Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign View Post
                  I really enjoy this back and forth we got going on because it makes things interesting in a league where the caliber of player is less than exciting
                  If the players are of a lesser caliber, why aren't you even capable of starting instead of players like Annoyance, Kthx, and Izor?

Comment

Nonsenses!

Originally posted by Foreign View Post
                    Ooooh!....shutup already with that For! Play instead....You can't really compare the skill level of today with the past...IMO the only ppl who can make comparisons like that, are ppl who WERE good back then..AND ARE GOOD NOW! Are you still good? :fear: :wub:

I don't value this twld any less than the previous twld's I've played, and mind you, I've played in Siege, Elusive, -F-...and whatnot..good times...maybe I was better back then..but anyways..heh that makes me hope there is still some skill left in me...deep deep deep...inside me

*coming from a true veteraniran*

Comment

Also:

That doesn't mean I don't respect the old times, players, and the general good competition in twl few seasons (and more) ago. Perhaps the general skill level was higher then, at least it was different, but that doesn't take away from this twl.

A lot of good players have left the zone/game, some have not, and as is natural we have fresh new blood taking their places. I personally have seen a lot of players develop a LOT during these last few years and now playing at the top level in twl (Quake has ppl like that, Heavy has ppl like that, Thunder has ppl like that, Sweet does..etc) And those were the people who weren't big names back then, they might be it now, though.

My point is, I have a lot of respect for the old players, but I wouldn't take anything away from the newer players either (skill level).

ps. I _do_ respect you For! *good times...* :wub:

Comment

I've found TWLB to be much the same Raspi, although TWLD goes a bit further back than TWLB does. Different skill set now, and you can really tell with the newer sharks who have trouble playing against a wb or jav. Spiders have developed differently, less of a dueling style and more a surge style pushing with each other and their sharks. Terrs have become less aggressive to be more aware of their teammate's spawn times, yet being near the action and surviving when needed like in the past.

In the past we saw a lot more lining and use of different ships, with good purpose. Respectfully, Camisade blew that idea away with their brilliant idea of cram. The next couple of seasons following that were pretty boring and breaking a cram was based on luck.... now that people have adapted and two single blocks were removed, terrs, spiders, and sharks all work together to break and hold a cram instead of lucky spider sniping taking out two or three defending spiders, or an unaware shark.

I enjoyed past basing matches even when the cram reigned supreme, but I enjoy it just as much to this day. My simple job remains pretty much the same, but even I have gone from sir-kill-alot to defensive, pushing, and spider aware shark. As long as I only have to play for 3 or 4 hours a week to stay on my game (which I didn't last week, and sucked because of which... props to Menel who had my back. Takes two to tango.), I'll always have my heart in this game.

Love the old guys, love the new guys. :turned:

Comment

this thread is now about raspi.

HELLO!!!!!! AND I LOVE YOU!
                          Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
                            If the players are of a lesser caliber, why aren't you even capable of starting instead of players like Annoyance, Kthx, and Izor?
                            Honestly? Because they're too afraid to not start the same 5 every week, and because I don't really deserve to play since I didn't decide to show up until oh, 2-3 weeks ago.

Originally posted by Raspi View Post
                            Ooooh!....shutup already with that For! Play instead....You can't really compare the skill level of today with the past...IMO the only ppl who can make comparisons like that, are ppl who WERE good back then..AND ARE GOOD NOW! Are you still good? :fear: :wub:

I don't value this twld any less than the previous twld's I've played, and mind you, I've played in Siege, Elusive, -F-...and whatnot..good times...maybe I was better back then..but anyways..heh that makes me hope there is still some skill left in me...deep deep deep...inside me

*coming from a true veteraniran*
                            This is the least active I've ever seen Trench Wars. Fewer players = smaller talent pool. It's just a fact that we don't have the selection of players we used to, and it sucks. Tactics in this league have changed for sure, but I'm every bit as good as I used to be, and I believe you are as well. It's just not as rewarding to me personally beating some people I don't respect (there are some I do respect), because it wasn't always like that. Maybe I'm just a jerk for thinking that way.

I like to say things that are witty, and that was why I posted my original comment (more to get a rise and stir things up). In truth I am not mean enough to really talk smack and mean it heh, but what I said here is what I really think about this league as it is today.

EDIT: I <3 you too Raspi! And Royce too, even though he changed his name and acts too cool now

EDIT: Wow Raspi, I think you might have changed my mind about things in this zone a little. Thanks for that.
                            Last edited by Foreign; 02-20-2009, 05:47 PM.
                            -Dave

Comment

There used to be something like 16 TWLD squads back in the day, now it has been reduced to 10. There is no doubt in my mind that there are less elite players around in TW, simply because the zone population has decreased, however, if you're as good as you are now as back then Foreign, that makes me think that we've improved a lot because whenever you play Quake you don't seem too hot and neither are your TWDD stats.

Comment

Working...
                              X