When is next season starting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
    if it took so long, could pl start doing something NOW...?
    fixed it for you
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

LOL, pascone should be head twl op

Comment

good one money

you don't have to use lol before a joke though

Comment

GOOD1 PAULO

im totally serial

Comment

Automated TWL ftw.
            Indulgence

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post
              Guys, I for one am all for a TWL Start in August, however, TWL needs quite an overhaul. From what I can see: We need a head Op. We need a new(updated) set of rules. We need the website fixed. We need more TWL Ops (and have them trained).

These are just the MAJOR issues that need to be resolved before we can start the TWL seasn. We'd also need to give the TWD squads enough time to compete for the spots. That is usually 2-4 weeks there. So hypothetically if Pure_Luck chooses a head op today, trying to get all that completed in 10 weeks is asking quite improbable for this time frame.
              Quit exaggerating. That's not that hard to do in a few months. Fix the website. Rules? that can be done in a day. Training TWL ops? uhhh that hardly takes months, to teach them how to sit in spec and start a game. Are you kidding me man? Quit pretending like your job is that hard.

Comment

gunna have to agree with ignite. theres a whole quarter of a year - the entire summer (which is still 3.5 weeks away), and u can just bump it to last week of august if theres any problems; and really halfway through september (or whatever) seems like a bit much.
                Indoleamines such as LSD work as partial agonists at 5-HT2A receptors, mediating enhancement of nonsynchronous, late components of glutamatergic excitatory postsynaptic potentials at apical dendrites of layer V cortical pyramidal cells in the noradrenergic locus coeruleus and the cerebral cortex to produce higher-level cognitive, perceptual, and affective distortions.

Comment

I say if ignite wants this season to start within a month we make him pay for it!

Anyway, I agree with ignite here (I just didn't want to start my post with that), it's ridiculous every season staff (w/e makes these decisions) thinks we need a new website/bots/rules etc. If we can get through a season without too many annoying bumps (there's always going to be a few), why would we need to start from scratch/big overhaul the next season? Also, am I the only one, or haven't I seen much SIGNIFICANT improvement in how the league's been run since the early days with Slowbob?

> Get one/two TWL op(s). (Didn't nethila or someone volunteer?)
                  > Train all your ERs or w/e they're called these days to be able to start a TWL match. Otherwise recruit a few more.
                  > Set an end-date for qualification.
                  > Start TWL.

I still don't think summer leagues are much fun, but it should easily be able to start at the end of august so we can end before Christmas.
                  Last week or two weeks of august = preseason, first 2,5 weeks = regular season, last month = playoffs = adds up to 4 months = enough to end before xmas.
                  Then start the next season in February/March or w/e and end before summer starts.
                  Repeat.

Staff should've come up with a yearly calendar for leagues about 5 years ago.

Comment

yes, it does look easy to do on paper. but then it actually happens. no one wants to do anything. mirror disappeared, there's usually like 2-3 hosts throughout the whole season that consistantly show up, and every squad tries to abuse the rules every game. it's not an easy, or for that matter, a very desireable situation.
                    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

too much TWL will reduce its importance.. imo after christmas.
                      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
                        too much TWL will reduce its importance.. imo after christmas.
                        How is twice a year too much? Other zones have a 1-2 month break between leagues. And if none of the current staff are up to hosting a TWL match for 30 mins - 1 hour, 1 day of the week... AXE THEM ALL AND GET NEW ONES. I think this zone has forgotten that being on staff is a privilege and not a job.
                        Indulgence

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                          How is twice a year too much? Other zones have a 1-2 month break between leagues. And if none of the current staff are up to hosting a TWL match for 30 mins - 1 hour, 1 day of the week... AXE THEM ALL AND GET NEW ONES. I think this zone has forgotten that being on staff is a privilege and not a job.
                          it's not that much of a privilege.

Comment

The amount of good staffers that has stepped down to normal players says otherwise. You should be grateful for the work staff does to improve the game you are playing, rather than acting like they should thank you for being allowed to be in staff.

Also there isn't many players around anymore that is willing to be staff. The Deans can't cherrypick the best staffers for the job anymore, to my understanding this is almost reversed now, anyone can get in staff now because the help is NEEDED.

If it's sorely needed I can help hosting some TWL games as a temp ER, but this is pretty much the limit of effort and commitment I'm willing to make to help with TWL.
                            Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

I think this zone has forgotten that being on staff is a privilege and not a job.
                              What are you talking about? It's very time consuming and requires a lot of heart. I was on staff for about 6 months before I realized this and stepped down. I wanted to help the community and at that point I found that it was the most obvious way. For a lot of people it is, and without them we wouldn't exist. We're lucky this is a free game and that people work hard for free to keep it this way.

Being staff has some privileges sure, but doing the work they do is definitely not a privilege. Stop being so angsty.

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                                it's not that much of a privilege.
                                Is that why staff turn so many applications down every month? I believe the numbers are around 20-50 a month turned down. That's a lot of interested parties considering its not much of a privilege wouldn't you think? Hmmmm.
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X