Refusing to fight rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refusing to fight rule

Why is it even there? Nobody enforces it at all. I talked to the host in todays game saying 'this guys had full energy for 2 minutes and is just running not even shooting' and i get back 'theres nothing illegal going on here.' If you wont call anyone out on it then just get rid of it to save people the headache of thinking they might be able to force people to play the game
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Are you kidding me Izor? There's a difference between being a pussy and not wanting to shoot for fear of missing and "refusing to fight"
    Last edited by Creature; 10-27-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

How? What was RaCka supposed to do there the guy is just running? If thats not refusing to fight then you'd see it in TWD all the time. If I hid in the corner and said 'im afraid to miss' its basically the same thing as what they were doing

I mean really the only reason you might see that as a non-issue is because RaCka still won but that was some amazing shit he pulled to win. The average TWL player has no chance at that.

Comment

izor stfu ur terrible
        zidane> big play
        Omega Red> dwop sick
        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

He does have a point there, Creat just did some fancy azn scrabble with words and made that sound great, but in all reality if ur running afraid to shoot, because if u miss u'll die it is the same thing as refusing to fight lol

But honesetly who is scared that much that all you do is thrust backwards and dodge, without even a small intent to kill. I mean its 1 thing to play the back arrow game and lob shots, and its totaly something else to just dodoge and never even shoot, he only faught because he was forced to fight. Poorly done also on that note lol
          Last edited by Cig Smoke; 10-26-2009, 04:18 AM.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Staff is expected to 'do', not to 'think'.
            'Thinking' is done by bots, so without a bot to make the decision about a player that is not fighting, there is nothing a staffer can do. :0

Comment

this is a classic case of 'staff can't win' no matter what we do. if someone specced the guy or something (i have no idea what happened at all, but let's just pretend this is the burnt situation from last year) the other team would be going insane and crying. the thing is, you hope there's enough integrity of the players that have been playing this same game for 5+ years to be able manage these things themselves. do you really want staff dicating what happens in these games? it's like they say in sports, you gotta let them play the game and not have the refs dictatings outcomes
              violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
              [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Yea but if a staffer would have maybe warned burnt for refusing to fight that might have forced him to fight sooner.
                2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                  this is a classic case of 'staff can't win' no matter what we do. if someone specced the guy or something (i have no idea what happened at all, but let's just pretend this is the burnt situation from last year) the other team would be going insane and crying. the thing is, you hope there's enough integrity of the players that have been playing this same game for 5+ years to be able manage these things themselves. do you really want staff dicating what happens in these games? it's like they say in sports, you gotta let them play the game and not have the refs dictatings outcomes
                  Look, running without even shooting for 2 full minutes isnt 'playing the game' when the objective is to kill the other team. I'm all for that but the point of this thread is that if you're not going to enforce the rule then dont have it to begin with to alleviate some of the confusion that comes with it. Anyone who saw that or semis last year knows what Burnt did. Just because you're in the same radar/screen as someone doesnt mean you're fighting.

Comment

hahaha

lets make up some cool rulezzz:

unless you shoot at least once every 23 seconds your team can be disqualified. if you dont shoot in that allotted time frame, a forum post may be created in your name to discredit your squad.

this is a great game, i want to play too!

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

by the way,

all i am saying is that you will never cover every rule. just play the game. if a person really dicks with it, shit in their cheerios.

also, by 'shit in their cheerios' i dont mean poop in their breakfast. what i mean to say is, find out where they are actually from, go there, take them and the people that live in the household and threaten them with a firearm. let them know that you mean business.

spaceships REPRESENT

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

You obviously didnt see either of the games :/

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                          by the way,

all i am saying is that you will never cover every rule. just play the game. if a person really dicks with it, shit in their cheerios.

also, by 'shit in their cheerios' i dont mean poop in their breakfast. what i mean to say is, find out where they are actually from, go there, take them and the people that live in the household and threaten them with a firearm. let them know that you mean business.

spaceships REPRESENT
                          Well i think that was the point of this thread.. Its saying if we arent going to enforce the rule and we are just going to let them "play it out" then just remove the rule all together so its all legal.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke View Post
                            Well i think that was the point of this thread.. Its saying if we arent going to enforce the rule and we are just going to let them "play it out" then just remove the rule all together so its all legal.
                            I think it's a judgment call really. If burnt got specced, there would be a replay probably. If burnt didn't get specced and ran forever, never shot, and won by running out 12 minutes from the clock, there would be a replay.

Basically, there would have been a replay either way, so staff had to make the choice of hoping he shot within 12 minutes. Luckily for the host, Racka won because he is a good rusher.

I don't see a point in removing the rule, but I think certain situations should be defined more clearly within the rule. Running 12 minutes and not shooting to win should be defined as illegal, somehow. I'm not staff, so it isn't my job to figure out how to implement these things, but someone should step up.
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

or you could make a duel sized arena and integrate it somehow, then you dont have to worry about interpreting rules or refusing to fight. i mean, its way easier to kill somebody running in a small arena than TWLD arena. do away with static time limits, and create an easy to determine rule. like if there are two people left the arena shrinks down to a duel box or they get warped into a duel box somewhere else on the map and the time gets set to 5 minutes or something. people might reject this on grounds of it being unnecessary or complicated, but there are examples of its necessity and it is really pretty simple. it would be exciting too.

ya i didnt see this game but if it is 2v1 and the two people are running then that complicates the issue. wait, not really! if the person who is the "1" in the 2v1, or 3v1, or whatever, wants to shrink the arena, she or he can request that. the other two people can not, however, since a smaller arena would normally be a disadvantage to the "1", but if the other two are playing like fuks b/c the time is about to run out then yea. sure, sometimes there might be 15 seconds left in the game and the "1" person requests the duel box because there would be no chance of winning otherwise as the time is about to expire, but who cares? i think we should minimize the possibility of time limit determining the outcome of a match as much as possible.

maybe a little bigger than the standard duel box though... maybe.

The Mind of the Father
                              Riding on the subtle guiders
                              Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                              Of relentless Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X