TWLD Week 6 Hot or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Week 6 Hot or Not

It's Thursday. There's no HoN thread. I'm assuming the people usually responsible have their, ahem, reasons for not writing one, so why don't I give this a half-assed attempt?

Quicksand 31 - 50 Wolf
    MVP: exCalibUrX20

Umm... indeed. This wasn't even pretty. Blame it on Daylight Savings Time, blame it on 2 of QS' starters telling their squad that they're not even gonna show up, blame it on whatever you'd like. But Wolf did pick up the win here, led by eXcalibUrX20 (10-4) and Eternal DRAGONx (11-10). The only person to make a reasonable mark for QS was Izor (11-10). The other 3 (yes, 3) failed to do much to impress.

Thunder 50 - 37 Shinobi
    MVP: Yakuza

Not exactly a shocking victory for Thunder. Not a single member of Shinobi went plus in this game, with Quartz and Hercules (9-10) coming the closest. I didn't see this game but I would imagine Burnt (6-8) set up a lot of kills for the likes of Yakuza (15-7) and his teammates. A good rebound win for Thunder after losing a tight match last week vs QS.

Mad 50 - 24 Warpath
    MVP: scoop

I won't say much about this one except that Warpath had nothing going for them whatsoever. Nobody did above nemiseph (6-10) in the round and Mad completely obliterated the group. I would suspect Warpath will do better next week vs Dice but that's if everything clicks for them.

dicE 50 - 43 Fatal
    MVP: Mess

A pretty fun game to watch, I'd imagine. Terian (14-10) tried to keep things interesting for Fatal but Femur (5-10) and rednaZ/Riverside (5-8, subbed out for Riverside., (0-2) ) kinda killed the moment. Mess (15-9) was the only player for Dice to score double digits in kills, but I attest that to the rest of the team (apart from Shayde) scoring pretty evenly with 9 kills apiece.

sage 30 - 50 Epidemic
    MVP: Mythril

This result is about as surprising as the result of Mad/Warpath up above... and sage's scores are almost as ugly as Warpath's, with Ground Zero (8-9) doing the best for sage. An even spread of dominance from delectable (12-5), Mythril (13-5) and pascone (13-7) and is there any doubt who takes this one?

Rapid 50 - 42 Serenity
    MVP: Displaced

A closer game than some probably suspected. Serenity has been steadily improving their game since the start of the season, and while they are not a playoff caliber team, they've got a bit of respect coming from me for stepping it up like they have. Solid performances from everyone on there except Amneisa (4-10) and that really held them back from potentially getting an upset in this one. Displaced (14-8) and Halls (13-7) showed up for Rapid and helped seal it.

HOT Player of the week: Mess

Not an easy pick, as every MVP is probably fairly deserving, but given the circumstances and mismatches of some of the games, I'd give it to Mess. His good performance combined with some consistency behind him gave dice the victory over Fatal, and that's worth something here.

Honorable mentions: exCalibUrX20, Yakuza, Mythril

NOT Player(s) of the week: Quicksand

Regardless of whatever issues may have actually surrounded this match, only showing 4 players and getting tossed around like a bunch of ragdolls isn't a pretty sight for a playoff-level squad. Perhaps next time around you'll keep PureOwnage on your TWL roster so you can actually play 5.

Dishonorable mentions: Warpath, Amneisa
    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

The HoN wasn't written because quicksand only writes them when the win.
    4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
    4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
    4:Geio> DEEZ?
    4:Geio> LOLOL
    4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
    4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
    4:spirit> LOL
    4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
    4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Ive written them for losses but I was banned from forums so its not like I could get on and post. Thank you for your understanding. I really was considering not writing the rest of the year in light of recent run-ins with faggot staffers on here but I think they have learned their lesson and will shut their mouths in the future

As for the game I have no idea why PO was off TWL roster when he was on it earlier in the season unless one of the other caps accidentally removed him. KK also didnt log on until a little after the game because the TWL site was not set for daylight savings yet and it said 11:30 pacific, but I didnt see the need to even try to appeal in light of those two incidents because it's not really going to have an effect on the end of the season as we should easily win out and delaying the playoffs a whole week is rather selfish for a meaningless game. Dont say I dont practice what I preach
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Working...
      X