A few regular season TWLD awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought:

If you don't like the awards, do your own awards. Not like these are official or anything. :P

Comment

I mean, really, lets go look at any actual sport and see how they do MVP. Chris Johnson is going to MVP the NFL regardless of whether or not his team makes the playoffs because hes going to break the record, but usually the NFL only gives that award to someone on a successful team. Baseball gives out the MVP to someone on a playoff team every year. Joe Mauer is a perfect example this year. No way does he get the MVP without it. Teixeira would have. Pujols in the NL, same thing. Im not so sure about basketball, but since almost every team makes the NBA playoffs except the nets and the knicks it's probably the same.

In this game half the squads make the playoffs, so the MVP cant be done off of stats. Going undefeated is much more precious than just getting in, so normally you select the person who had the biggest role in that undefeated season. That was Mythril for Epidemic. Maybe WAR, but myt played more games and had a bigger role since he kept that squad active as well.
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

lol
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Lol pascone its not like i expect him to admit to evading but to think he sat around waiting to play this game again is not realistic. I mean the guy showed up in tw THE DAY he got reinstaded. Its not like I care that he evaded, I dont give two shits about it so you dont have to take this as personally as the whole dele situation. I just find it hard 2 believe.
          2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by With Ease View Post
            RAGE
            1-10, how mad
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

How come I dont get mentioned in surprise player of the year. Were you not surprised I didn't suck?
              http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                I mean, really, lets go look at any actual sport and see how they do MVP. Chris Johnson is going to MVP the NFL regardless of whether or not his team makes the playoffs because hes going to break the record, but usually the NFL only gives that award to someone on a successful team. Baseball gives out the MVP to someone on a playoff team every year. Joe Mauer is a perfect example this year. No way does he get the MVP without it. Teixeira would have. Pujols in the NL, same thing. Im not so sure about basketball, but since almost every team makes the NBA playoffs except the nets and the knicks it's probably the same.

In this game half the squads make the playoffs, so the MVP cant be done off of stats. Going undefeated is much more precious than just getting in, so normally you select the person who had the biggest role in that undefeated season. That was Mythril for Epidemic. Maybe WAR, but myt played more games and had a bigger role since he kept that squad active as well.
                Mauer won it because he was a catcher and still hitting ridiculous numbers. Would be like the basing MVP being a shark because he led the league in kills. Texeira (best team) probably would have won it after him. The Cardinals (Pujols) were the favorite in the National League to make it to the World Series.

In Football this year, Peyton Manning locked it up when the Saints lost. He gets credit for playing quaterback on the last undefeated team and essentially being the offensive coordinator calling all the plays at the line of scrimmage.

In Basketball, Lebron James won it. His team was the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference.

Etc., etc.
                When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

hush little baby
                  don't say a word
                  papa's gonna give you mvp
                  in your precious warbird
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

saetep, you stepped up all year for rapid along with sphinktor, but then again I didn't expect you to suck.. and as for the MVP, mythril did a great job this year for epidemic , helping them stay undefeated, ease missed a few games and it hurt his team bad. It's a toss up imo but they are co-mvps in my opinion ( kinda like brady / manning - even though i hate brady and love manning ) ...but yeah i think we should have players vote for twl awards / or have a group of people actually make all-star rosters, like A team , B team etc... jus a idea..
                    help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
                    help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

How can you hate a QB with such a perfect throw?

Comment

Originally posted by Welfare View Post
                        And dreamy eyes.
                        When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Theres no way that Manning gets the MVP over Chris Johnson.
                          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Welfare View Post
                            Because Tom Brady thinks he's tighter then Joe Montana but he's not. Guess what Tom? Joe dont lose super bowls.
                            2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kaos View Post
                              Lol pascone its not like i expect him to admit to evading but to think he sat around waiting to play this game again is not realistic. I mean the guy showed up in tw THE DAY he got reinstaded. Its not like I care that he evaded, I dont give two shits about it so you dont have to take this as personally as the whole dele situation. I just find it hard 2 believe.
                              you don't seem to know what actually happened, which doesn't surprise me at all. instead, you find it easy to just make up a version and then believe it and get others to believe it. when he came back, he was still banned. he didn't come back the day he was unbanned. he was banned 'for life'

thus, when he did come on to play, he couldn't. he had to talk to smods and such to get it sorted out before he was able to play trench wars.
                              violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                              [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

The Titans won't make the playoffs, so Chris Johnson isn't getting the MVP.

Gonna be a toss-up between Brees and P. Manning imo. Depending on the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X