TWLD Finals Preview - Season 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Finals Preview - Season 13

Thunder - Every year these guys manage to make it deep into the playoffs after a slightly above mediocre season plagued with inactivity. Last year was no different than this year, except most people expected them to make it past Heavy in the semifinals then lose to Quake in the finals. Say what you will about Mad not showing their best line, but b4 showed some signs of life that werent there previously and Burnt did much better than his game against Fatal. The question mark for this squad is the 5th starting spot. Versus opponents like theyre up against this week, a 5-10 or 6-10 just isnt going to cut it, especially if that player dies out quickly as chuckle tends to do. The lineup will most likely be Ease, Raspi, b4, Burnt, chuckle/yakuza/obi/misled/take your pick.

Quicksand - The starting line for QS at the start of the year was Izor, RaCka, Geio, and 2 of the following: kid kaos, SwimKid, a2m, Kyou, Weak, killah. RaCka not showing up a few games and Geio showing his true colors under the big stage led to a few upset losses (wolf, sage) and some less than reassuring victories against squads like shinobi. Besides a 1v2 win where RaCka dominated chuckle and Burnt, it looked like this group just wasnt going to beat any of the other top squads since they lacked a solid 4th/5th starter. Toward the end of the season, it turned around just like for Thunder when people like a2m and Kyou started getting active, Weak showed that he is among the games elite warbirds, and the teamwork that was previously lacking started clicking. The main strength here is that in 3 tough rounds against Epidemic, no one on Quicksand went worse than -3. The line will be Izor, RaCka, Weak, Kyou, kid kaos with subs a2m and Kthx.

The game itself - No doubt Quicksand will be trying to put pressure on Thunders starting birds, ideally sending Burnt scattering while they pick at the other 4. Thunder is very good at defending this just like Epidemic, but Burnt and chuckle are liabilities if the match turns out this way since chuckle will die out early and Burnt will not cover his teammates. Theres potential for this to be a good game depending on who really shows up for Thunder and how much better they get this week, but Quicksand is the better all around unit and should take this fairly easily 50-37 and 50-41.
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

You have a really bad habit of overrating everyone on your squad, and your squad in general, which is normal for a captain I guess. But if Quicksand wins it will be the biggest upset in twld finals history. Sure, Racka's great, but you're outmatched from 2-5 on your starting lineups. Thunder plays the perfect style against yours. They play as a team, they shoot often and they shoot accurately. Raspi must be excited as hell for Sunday, because I can't see him getting any less than 15 kills every round. He's the perfect player to play against Quicksand.

If you underestimate Thunder as much as you overrate your squad.. you're pretty fucked
    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

I dont think thunder is as perfect as you claim them to be. Just like epidemic wasnt as perfect as pascone claimed they were.
      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

You mean when I overrated my squad by saying that we would beat you round 1, lose round 2, and win round 3? You need to understand that my predictions are usually pretty down to earth. I stand by my prediction of mad over thunder if they showed a decent line...but thats not what they did so thunder took that easy

Comment

If Quicksand wins, this may be the first time ever that a rushing squad has won TWLD... will be interesting to see.

Not since Onix made it to the finals in Season 5 has there been such a surprise challenger to the finals.
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

u played against money and guero? dont get ur hopes up.
            5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
            5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
            5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
            5:Melanoma> aight cool
            5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
            5:Oops> what?
            5:Melanoma> ye
            5:Oops> you serious?
            5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
            5:Melanoma> fu
            5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
            5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

Mythril you have a bad habit of using cheat engine in league matches, you shouldn't even be playing, and who the hell is oops? Not a TWL Finalist, thats for sure.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'm not exactly sure I understand why you think it's a surprise Quicksand is in the finals...

They are after all the only squad to go undefeated in TWL while winning every game 4v5.
                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Not only it's a bad habbit to overrate yourself, its the first time (after several years of saying ez before games, then esq'qing after losses and calling other nerds) you actually back up what you say. If you win it will be deserved and like mythrill said it will be the biggest upset in twld ever (bigger then sk8 vs syndi) but until then..hold your horses little boy, you still dont know hows it like to win and to be constantly on top. Thunder does! But hey, good luck! (especially Racka and Weak :wub
                  Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                  Your friend,
                  ​​Papi
                  ​​​​​

Comment

yo i had the worst conversation last night while I was drinking the drink of TWL champions. Apparently Epidemic hasnt teamed all season and still went 11-0. Oh, and I like to overrate my squad which is why I predicted that we would win 2-1, which we did but by a bigger margin than previously anticipated. Maybe I underrate my squad? Dunno, thought I'd throw that out there. By the way, its not like Thunder doesnt know they're in over their heads...theyve been practicing up for me in elim and studying my game film in TWDDs, trying to 1v1 duel our players to see how they play late in games...I dont blame them really if I knew I was about to lose I'd be trying the same stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                      I'm not exactly sure I understand why you think it's a surprise Quicksand is in the finals...

They are after all the only squad to go undefeated in TWL while winning every game 4v5.
                      you have a poitn

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
                        Not only it's a bad habbit to overrate yourself, its the first time (after several years of saying ez before games, then esq'qing after losses and calling other nerds) you actually back up what you say. If you win it will be deserved and like mythrill said it will be the biggest upset in twld ever (bigger then sk8 vs syndi) but until then..hold your horses little boy, you still dont know hows it like to win and to be constantly on top. Thunder does! But hey, good luck! (especially Racka and Weak :wub
                        thanks babe :]
                        help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
                        help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Everything else aside, I just want to say Good luck to Thunder, it should be a fun, up n down, interesting game. You've had a great year and so have we, so i'm glad it came down to both of us. Let's get ready to rumble
                          help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
                          help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Originally posted by Weak View Post
                            Everything else aside, I just want to say Good luck to Thunder, it should be a fun, up n down, interesting game. You've had a great year and so have we, so i'm glad it came down to both of us. Let's get ready to rumble
                            Fu ck off

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post

actually wolf ended that this twld :turned:
                              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Working...
                              X