This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLJ Qualification - Disoblige Appeal

I am going keep this as short as I can. For the last several weeks the TWD website has had the following statement:

TWL Qualification and Start Dates
    Apr 17, 2011 by flared

TWL qualification cutoff will take place Sunday May 1st at12:00am EST. All 3 leagues will qualify 10 squads. Final participants from the previous TWL season will receive automatic invites so prepare accordingly. Goodluck and start practicing!

Resulting from what appears to be a major error on the partof TWL staff, the actual cut off date was May 2nd at 12:00am EST. Disoblige had prepared accordingly to be positioned for TWLJ qualification at the proper date and therefore many of our javs never logged in the following day (Sunday) as they thought we already were qualified. When we later on Sunday (after the server had gotten up) saw that the saturday time wasn't correct we didn't have our best javs (who would've been there otherwise) we had to play JDs anyway as we were losing our #8 qualification spot. On top of that our only javs that were on started lagging so we were practially giving away points (that doesn't have anthing to do with my appeal, just feel bad for us!).

Disoblige was in TWLJ as off the original time which flared had posted but Paladen and Asians wasn't, the fact that Asians was fed off by Ltkings several games in a row to make LJ doesn't make it better for them (which you can see on their Ave R).

And don't come and say we should've been on more on Friday and Saturday to read the announcement(?) which said the time on the twd site was wrong. 1st May was on Sunday and 1-2 days before 1st May all finns and sweds (which is the majority of our javs tbh) are out celebrating 1st May celebrations.

As it looks like it will be a mini tourny of some sort in LB it should only be logic and fair that there is one for LJ for obvious reasons.

Disoblige Appeal
    https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
    1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
    1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
    1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
    1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
    1:soild>they can say what they like
    1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
    1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Well disoblige is better than Asians. TIME FOR A MOTHER FUCKING MINI TOURNAMENT UP IN THIS ZONE SHIT.

Seriously fuck qualifications and the ladder its bs.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

fuck Asians (the squad), they are just a bunch of yellow (ship) nerds who can't drive (javs).

edit: funny racist puns aside i was also under the impression that the ladder reset saturday night/sunday morning
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I agree with this appeal on the same principle as the LB thread. Let's make pre-season a little interesting. Once you get access to the ladders on May 1st 12:00am, any squads that were kicked out in the added day in any of the leagues should have the right to a qualification tournament to prove their worth. Should only be around 3-4 affected squads.

PS. Well written Soilderz!

Comment

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post
          I am going keep this as short as I can. For the last several weeks the TWD website has had the following statement:

TWL Qualification and Start Dates
          Apr 17, 2011 by flared

TWL qualification cutoff will take place Sunday May 1st at12:00am EST. All 3 leagues will qualify 10 squads. Final participants from the previous TWL season will receive automatic invites so prepare accordingly. Goodluck and start practicing!

Resulting from what appears to be a major error on the partof TWL staff, the actual cut off date was May 2nd at 12:00am EST. Disoblige had prepared accordingly to be positioned for TWLJ qualification at the proper date and therefore many of our javs never logged in the following day (Sunday) as they thought we already were qualified. When we later on Sunday (after the server had gotten up) saw that the saturday time wasn't correct we didn't have our best javs (who would've been there otherwise) we had to play JDs anyway as we were losing our #8 qualification spot. On top of that our only javs that were on started lagging so we were practially giving away points (that doesn't have anthing to do with my appeal, just feel bad for us!).

Disoblige was in TWLJ as off the original time which flared had posted but Paladen and Asians wasn't, the fact that Asians was fed off by Ltkings several games in a row to make LJ doesn't make it better for them (which you can see on their Ave R).

And don't come and say we should've been on more on Friday and Saturday to read the announcement(?) which said the time on the twd site was wrong. 1st May was on Sunday and 1-2 days before 1st May all finns and sweds (which is the majority of our javs tbh) are out celebrating 1st May celebrations.

As it looks like it will be a mini tourny of some sort in LB it should only be logic and fair that there is one for LJ for obvious reasons.

Disoblige Appeal
          Celebrations in your country are not an excuse. Tw just cant reckon with celebrations in all the players' countries... We had "Koninginnedag" April 30th in the Netherlands...and a lot of our javelin players are Dutch... you dont see me use that D: oh wait u do now.

1) there is an "unequal chance for squads that could have gotten to twl but didnt think they would make it anymore coz they thought lock happened".
          2) Asians qualified as #9 on the jd-ladder, we should be safe, let #10 and Disoblige handle it..if flared chooses to have a tourny

Comment

100% chance this is approved as long as Disoblige was "qualified" at 12:00AM Sunday.

and agreed with Marge, do it for any squads affected in all 3 leagues.
            1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
            Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
            1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
            1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
            beam> stfu tsunami
            Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
            beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
            Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Oranje View Post
              Celebrations in your country are not an excuse. Tw just cant reckon with celebrations in all the players' countries... We had "Koninginnedag" April 30th in the Netherlands...and a lot of our javelin players are Dutch... you dont see me use that D: oh wait u do now.
              Are you fucking kidding me? When did I say that was an excuse?
              I'm saying many DIDN'T READ THE ANNOUNCEMENT, which was zoned throughout TW that the TWD Site time wasn't correct, because we were celebrating.

Can you start reading or comprehending English before you come and post in this thread?

Comment

Can you start reading or comprehending English before you come and post in this thread?
                Ah you're gonna start that way now you are inable to get down any of my arguments.
                I rest my case.
                Not responding to this thread anymore after you confirmed my points like you just did.

Have a nice season speccing twlj.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranje View Post
                  Ah you're gonna start that way now you are inable to get down any of my arguments.
                  I rest my case.
                  Not responding to this thread anymore after you confirmed my points like you just did.

Have a nice season speccing twlj.
                  Why would I have to argument anything with you? Neither you or I have anything to decide in this matter and "argumenting" your points is stupid when i'm not the one who decides.
                  And yes, pelase don't respond to this thread anymore, you shouldn't have in the first place.

Comment

Why would I have to argument anything with you? Neither you or I have anything to decide in this matter and "argumenting" your points is stupid when i'm not the one who decides.
                    And yes, pelase don't respond to this thread anymore, you shouldn't have in the first place.
                    fine...one more reply.
                    about our ave r : Our javs joined late. when they did http://twd.trenchwars.net/showgame/90042030 and http://twd.trenchwars.net/showgame/90041826 .

As a cap its your responsibility to check stuff like lock dates with the staff and I asked a staffmember and he checked for me and said you were online during the zone message.

Obviously you thought you were in, went offline early being lazy and thinking you did not have to do anything anymore.
                    Woke up, saw you were not qualified for twlj; got pissed and you are now reaching for last straws and using weak arguments to enter lj after all.

Conclusion: You failed to do a good capjob and now you are facing the consequences.

Comment

i like soild more than bubs so: appeal granted

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Disoblige was in TWLJ as off the original time which flared had posted but Paladen and Asians wasn't,
                        Paladen was qualified both Sat 11:59 and Sun 11:59, leave us out of your bullshit technicality appeal. It is also impossible for TWO squads to have been out of TWL qualification, as there were 10 spots for 11 squads (with 30+ games).

Asians were #11 on Sat 1159, then Diso Sun 1159.

Your inability to count, tell time or interpret the meaning of TWL quals finishing on Sunday at midnight are a testament to your ability to make TWLJ.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Strange to see an appeal coming from an actual TWL-Op.

Unofficial response: Despite this loophole about the time everyone is trying to use to their advantage, I remain convinced that 99% of you knew that the deadline was Sunday night, NOT saturday. This applies even more to you soilderz, not only because you are a member of staff, but a TWL-Op as well. For the sake of uniformity I guess this kind of has to be approved since the LB one was, but for the record this is getting a bit retarded.

Comment

Comingfrom a squadcaptain, who is quite active, and leads one of the most active squads. the "notification" for the date change was ludicrous. am I right to assume that the zoner was only going out after the zone came back up (IE: after the original date was passed?) on a side note staff laziness for random zoning nonsense, instead of messaging the 4-5 captains it affects directly.

if your going to change qualification dates it needs a solid week change. so people have time to qualify. Sage almost got ousted from twlj by asians and paladen, and I would probably bemaking soilderz appeal right now. diso got ousted in lj sweet got ousted in lb lets be honest comepletely staffs fault. sweet and diso would obviously stomp on azns and paladen in either of the leagues, but hey pala and azns made it in, its not their fault that staff gave them the unfair oppertunity. obviously any of us wouldve done the same and tried to get our squad into twl at all costs as well.

The date change was unfair for the squads who were qualified on the original date, the zone going down was unfair for the squads who didnt qualify but still had a chance.
                            The only solution is to NOTIFY everyone involved and extend the qualification times by a week. by this i do NOT mean random zoners and an extra 24 hrs. I mean direct msgs and 5-7 days of extra qualification time.

at this point the only option is tournament cuz staff fucked up every other possiblity. only way to be semi fair to some people....

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                              Strange to see an appeal coming from an actual TWL-Op.

Unofficial response: Despite this loophole about the time everyone is trying to use to their advantage, I remain convinced that 99% of you knew that the deadline was Sunday night, NOT saturday. This applies even more to you soilderz, not only because you are a member of staff, but a TWL-Op as well. For the sake of uniformity I guess this kind of has to be approved since the LB one was, but for the record this is getting a bit retarded.
                              i dunno, diso did work to secure a 1000 rating saturday, and then the chat sunday was more or less dead (which i guess was due to may 1st celebrations?)

also: http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...nt-information

from that thread:

you know how i roll LF, i sent that thread when i answered ?helps about it, as well as when people asked on chats, etc.
                              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                              X